LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » September 12th, 2010, 7:05 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I love a nice, sunny nap during football games. Ahhh. (Is there a yawning smilie?)
There used to be a yawn, but I think somebody whacked him. :twitch: Now there's just this guy:
:asleep:

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 12th, 2010, 9:32 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Is it possible to 'hate' a day? If so, I hate today for the annual reminder of the horrible anguish of not knowing for 10 hours, if my dad had made it out of the Pentagon. The plane hit on his side of the building - 100 yards further north and it would have gone through his office.

Part of the reason I didn't hear from him, is he stayed on site to help organize the medical care/triage/evacuations. He doesn't talk about it, but someone else did: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq87-7b.htm
This should be remembered to allow you an enormous sense of pride in him.
Here's to never forgetting. Here's to no more of your pain in rememberance.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 12th, 2010, 9:49 am

bjornolf wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I love a nice, sunny nap during football games. Ahhh. (Is there a yawning smilie?)
There used to be a yawn, but I think somebody whacked him. :twitch: Now there's just this guy:

@};-
He's still there. (-| He's next to the party guy. :ymparty:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 12th, 2010, 12:47 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};-
He's still there. (-| He's next to the party guy. :ymparty:

He should come after party guy if reading from left to right because that is generally the way it works in real life!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 12th, 2010, 1:36 pm

bjornolf wrote:

@};-
What about this guy:

(-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 12th, 2010, 2:14 pm

The 50 yen coin has a hole in the center. WHY? What's the logic?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 12th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Carry your money on a stick.

Words to live by.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 12th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Lavabe wrote:The 50 yen coin has a hole in the center. WHY? What's the logic?
So you can tie it to your shoes?

When I was in Israel, the coins that worked the public telephones had holes in them. We tied them to our shoelaces so that we'd always have a coin to use to phone home.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 12th, 2010, 2:45 pm

I saw Rolvix this morning in church and had a nice visit with him after the service was over.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 12th, 2010, 3:48 pm

One might claim that you need less material to produce the coin...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 12th, 2010, 6:41 pm

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 620wh.html

The Reader's Digest condensed version is: it used to be harder to counterfeit coins with holes, and cheaper to make (for the reason Ymo stated). Now the Japanese claim it's easier for the visually impaired to identify the coins, which are apparently only the 5 and 50 yen varieties.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 12th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Better for "turning Japanese?" 8-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 12th, 2010, 9:25 pm

I'm having some oral surgery tomorrow. My dentist simply cannot deal with the amount of bone I have in my lower jaw, so he sent me to a periodontist who's going to remove it with a hammer and chisel.

I'll be out of it for a while. I've seen my drugs, and they are powerful--Triazolam, Hydrocodone and an antibiotic, Azithromycin, plus whatever IV cocktail he gives me tomorrow.

My periodontist has a very nice office. It makes me wish that I had paid more attention in chemistry class. . .

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 12th, 2010, 9:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm having some oral surgery tomorrow. My dentist simply cannot deal with the amount of bone I have in my lower jaw, so he sent me to a periodontist who's going to remove it with a hammer and chisel.

I'll be out of it for a while. I've seen my drugs, and they are powerful--Triazolam, Hydrocodone and an antibiotic, Azithromycin, plus whatever IV cocktail he gives me tomorrow.

My periodontist has a very nice office. It makes me wish that I had paid more attention in chemistry class. . .
Oh.My. :-o :((

That just sounds..... :-o :((

I hope you have someone lined up to get you home tomorrow? And maybe babysit you for a day? Because with that drug line up, whoa.... I'd be lucky to be able to open the pill bottles by myself, much less remember what I took when.

Big doses of vibes for a fast, worry-free recovery!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 12th, 2010, 10:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm having some oral surgery tomorrow. My dentist simply cannot deal with the amount of bone I have in my lower jaw, so he sent me to a periodontist who's going to remove it with a hammer and chisel.

:chores-chopwood: :character-jason: :auto-ambulance: :tools-hammerdrill: :violence-axechase:
These guys will teach you not to have too much bone!
Recover soon. :twitch:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 12th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Vibes that everything goes well and you're not in too much pain.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 12th, 2010, 10:37 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:

Vibes and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 12th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Must be inflation. The 5 yen coin had a hole in it when I lived there and the 50 yen didn't.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 12th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Vibes for a successful surgery and a quick and painless recovery! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 12th, 2010, 11:01 pm

CathyCA - prayers and vibes that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and you have a speedy recovery.
Life is good!