LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » August 28th, 2010, 9:16 pm

And another gratuitous post. :duke:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Better than 24K gold.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 28th, 2010, 9:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Image

Better than 24K gold.
That is beautiful.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 28th, 2010, 11:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Image

Better than 24K gold.
That is beautiful.
Hayward STILL hasn't hit that shot. :happy-bouncyblue: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 28th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Today was one of those, "Open mouth, insert foot" kind of days...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 29th, 2010, 1:28 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Today was one of those, "Open mouth, insert foot" kind of days...
See the "jokes" thread.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 29th, 2010, 8:13 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Today was one of those, "Open mouth, insert foot" kind of days...
See the "jokes" thread.
The way today is starting, it may be also...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 29th, 2010, 10:06 am

Off to buy some fenders for my '68 Firebird. They are NOS parts(New Old Stock or New Original Stock. depending on who you ask). Essentially, GM made them as replacement parts to feed their dealer networks years ago and they've been sitting around for a long time. It is getting harder and harder to find them.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 29th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Well we came up here to NJ 10 days ago in a rush because my FIL's mother passed away suddenly. We've spent the last week or so having some good family time with the extended family. We were a bit surprised that FIL's mother passed so suddenly because MIL's mother is the one that's been really sick - we expected her to pass first. Well we stuck around for the whole week and just got the call that MIL's mother just passed. So instead of going home to NC today we're sticking around in NJ for another week to be with family.

Please send vibes to my in-laws - they are both only children and now are without their parents, so they're coping without a huge family network. The hardest part will likely be when Lisa and I leave to head back to NC.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 29th, 2010, 2:40 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Well we came up here to NJ 10 days ago in a rush because my FIL's mother passed away suddenly. We've spent the last week or so having some good family time with the extended family. We were a bit surprised that FIL's mother passed so suddenly because MIL's mother is the one that's been really sick - we expected her to pass first. Well we stuck around for the whole week and just got the call that MIL's mother just passed. So instead of going home to NC today we're sticking around in NJ for another week to be with family.

Please send vibes to my in-laws - they are both only children and now are without their parents, so they're coping without a huge family network. The hardest part will likely be when Lisa and I leave to head back to NC.
Wow - that's rough. Vibes to you and your family during this difficult time. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 29th, 2010, 3:21 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Well we came up here to NJ 10 days ago in a rush because my FIL's mother passed away suddenly. We've spent the last week or so having some good family time with the extended family. We were a bit surprised that FIL's mother passed so suddenly because MIL's mother is the one that's been really sick - we expected her to pass first. Well we stuck around for the whole week and just got the call that MIL's mother just passed. So instead of going home to NC today we're sticking around in NJ for another week to be with family.

I'm thankful that you didn't make the trip back home to NC only to have to turn around and head back to NJ.

I know that your in-laws are so grateful to have their adorable Katie with them during their time of loss.

Hugs to all the Usuls. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 29th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Hugs, vibes, and prayers to you, Lisa, and her family, especially her parents.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 29th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Vibes and condolences. That she passed so quickly after he did is not surprising - it happens frequently that way. She missed him and wanted to join him again, and now she has. :wizard:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 29th, 2010, 7:48 pm

DU, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers for your double loss. Prayers and vibes for your family. It is a blessing, at least, that you didn't come back to NC and then have to turn back around and go to NJ.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 29th, 2010, 8:42 pm

We preordered me a Droid X at the Verizon store this afternoon. It's my birthday present (my birthday is 9/25) from Bruce. Supposedly it will be in by the middle of September.

FYI-the manager at the Verizon store said since I worked for state government (in VA), I was eligible for a 15% discount on my monthly bill. Anybody else who works for governmental entities might want to check this out. I don't know if will help anyone, but maybe it will.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 29th, 2010, 9:45 pm

I'm so sorry for your family's losses, DU. Please know that the family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 29th, 2010, 9:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We preordered me a Droid X at the Verizon store this afternoon. It's my birthday present (my birthday is 9/25) from Bruce. Supposedly it will be in by the middle of September.

FYI-the manager at the Verizon store said since I worked for state government (in VA), I was eligible for a 15% discount on my monthly bill. Anybody else who works for governmental entities might want to check this out. I don't know if will help anyone, but maybe it will.
Some carriers offer a discount based on your health insurance and AAA membership. TMobile gives a AAA discount.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 29th, 2010, 9:46 pm

And the above was post 1800 for me.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 29th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Over a year after the CTN Babes at the Beach showed me how to sign up for Facebook, I finally have posted a profile picture. I figured if I was going into the dunk tank, i should do it with style. I elected myself Queen of the LUMC Block Party and went in in a burgundy formal and tiara.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 29th, 2010, 9:50 pm

One trip into the water and I discovered how heavy a wet formal can be. I had to have help disrobing in the tank. i finished my time in shorts and a swim suit.
Life is good!