Where did Ya Go Today (or Yesterday)?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Where did Ya Go Today (or Yesterday)?

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 23rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

We came home today. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 25th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Lillington. Company tried to short my pay by 21 miles. I repeat, "tried".
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm

To the bank and to the grocery, to the computer to pay bills, to the laundry room, to the back yard to drain the pool, to the kitchen and out to walk the dogs. (yawn). Tomorrow I'll at least get to go to the airport......to pick up the OP coming in from Hong Kong. Some of us actually go to real places. However, on the bright side, nobody tried to shorten my pay. My boss wouldn't DARE!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 25th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:To the bank and to the grocery, to the computer to pay bills, to the laundry room, to the back yard to drain the pool, to the kitchen and out to walk the dogs. (yawn). Tomorrow I'll at least get to go to the airport......to pick up the OP coming in from Hong Kong. Some of us actually go to real places. However, on the bright side, nobody tried to shorten my pay. My boss wouldn't DARE!
Love, Ima
:)) :)) :)) I'm with you, Ima. They wouldn't dare, would they? :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 25th, 2011, 9:20 pm

I went to the Apple Store to finish setting up the IPad. It was fun. I then went to the grocery store to buy salad for dinner.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 27th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Nowhere special. :confusion-shrug:
:sad-bored:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 28th, 2011, 12:14 am

This morning, I went to Graham to the Alamance Co. Arts Council to see "Beyond the Frame", Impressionism Revisited, sculptures by J. Seword Johnson, Jr. It is amazing. It's been here for awhile but Monday is the last day. If anyone is going on I40 in the area, you should, if possible, stop and see this. A lot of the sculptures are on display outside and more are inside. The councils hours on Sunday are 1:00 PM to 5:00. They are open all day tomorrow, Saturday and Monday. This afternoon, Bud and I went to Duplin Co. to see Max's last JV game. They won the championship!!! Max had a good game as did his team members. All the kids got to play. I think the final score was 28-6. It was a good day. It's nice to be back home.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 29th, 2011, 10:33 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:This morning, I went to Graham to the Alamance Co. Arts Council to see "Beyond the Frame", Impressionism Revisited, sculptures by J. Seword Johnson, Jr. It is amazing. It's been here for awhile but Monday is the last day. If anyone is going on I40 in the area, you should, if possible, stop and see this. A lot of the sculptures are on display outside and more are inside. The councils hours on Sunday are 1:00 PM to 5:00. They are open all day tomorrow, Saturday and Monday. This afternoon, Bud and I went to Duplin Co. to see Max's last JV game. They won the championship!!! Max had a good game as did his team members. All the kids got to play. I think the final score was 28-6. It was a good day. It's nice to be back home.
Congratulations, Champs. Next year....varsity. :-BD
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 1st, 2011, 8:52 am

Went to the dentist for an "estimate" yesterday. It's a good thing they have a place for you to lie down while you get the news. Gonna have to take out a second mortgage, i think. It's a slippery slope when you start hooking up these here bridges.

As Debbie Reynolds says, "It's not getting old that's the problem. It's all the maintenance!" :-s Some days I feel like the Captain's big ol' truck, wondering if I'll get up the next hill.
Love, Ima
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 1st, 2011, 9:13 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Went to the dentist for an "estimate" yesterday. It's a good thing they have a place for you to lie down while you get the news. Gonna have to take out a second mortgage, i think. It's a slippery slope when you start hooking up these here bridges.

As Debbie Reynolds says, "It's not getting old that's the problem. It's all the maintenance!" :-s Some days I feel like the Captain's big ol' truck, wondering if I'll get up the next hill.
Love, Ima

Were you and Mr. IADevil at the same dentist? He came home with a similar "estimate"! Yikes, I thought you only got estimates at the car repair shop! :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 1st, 2011, 9:31 am

IowaDevil wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Went to the dentist for an "estimate" yesterday. It's a good thing they have a place for you to lie down while you get the news. Gonna have to take out a second mortgage, i think. It's a slippery slope when you start hooking up these here bridges.

Love, Ima

Were you and Mr. IADevil at the same dentist? He came home with a similar "estimate"! Yikes, I thought you only got estimates at the car repair shop! :wizard: :wizard:
:D :D Teeth vibes for both Ima and Mr. IADevil....
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 1st, 2011, 10:24 am

IowaDevil wrote:

Love, Ima

My/our dentist gives us estimates too. And how much they expect the dental insurance will cover and how much it probably won't (never enough...).

That's OK, tonight when he's finished with his patients he's seeing me, and I'm pitching him on another of my products (he's already a customer on two). Actually two more products. I expect to be getting some of my money back before too much longer B-) but the process won't be nearly as painful for him as it was for me. He only needs to open his mouth to say "yes" (and then his wallet, but he'll get a nice tax energy credit and a <2 year utility savings payback).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 1st, 2011, 11:40 am

Hmmmmmm. Now what could I sell? ;;)
Love, Ima
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 1st, 2011, 8:08 pm

Sanford, Carthage, Southern Pines. No dentists were involved. #:-s

Best to all of y'all engaged with those from the dental arts. :wizard:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » November 1st, 2011, 9:01 pm

Today I did my semi annual trip to Walmart to "save some money on essentials!" Why oh why do I do that to myself? It took longer waiting my turn in the check out line than shopping and oh, the video I should've shot and put online. Where do these people come from? :-o :doh: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 2nd, 2011, 6:27 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Today I did my semi annual trip to Walmart to "save some money on essentials!" Why oh why do I do that to myself? It took longer waiting my turn in the check out line than shopping and oh, the video I should've shot and put online. Where do these people come from? :-o :doh: :wizard:
Just for kicks, plan a shopping trip for 3am, if only to gaze at the clientle. :D
You can take a lot of comfort, being in Iowa, that you don't have to see all that ocean of baby-poop blue that takes up it's own department of apparel in all the stores here. :ymsick:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » November 2nd, 2011, 6:29 pm

Oh yeah...today's menu included Winston-Salem, Albemarle and Troy. Then, to Mom's to pick up her mail.