Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Exercise!

Post by DukePA » October 27th, 2010, 6:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I missed out on the morning trek with the :O3 :O3 due to the monsoon that blew through, but maybe I can make it up to them with a mile before bedtime.

I did about 20 minutes of Cardio Workout (the workout it set up for me today, which was shorter than normal), and followed it up with 30 minutes of My Fitness Coach upper body. I used the hand weights for all the upper body stuff. Merlin kept licking my nose when I tried to do crunches, but other than that the exercise went well.

Thanks, yall, for giving me motivation. I've had a tough day (it would've been my Dad's birthday and I miss him dreadfully) and really just wanted to come home and sleep til tomorrow, but I told myself I would feel better if I could tell my buds on CTN that I'd exercised, and they would cheer me up (which has already happened). :ymhug: :ymhug:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: good for you! you rock!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 27th, 2010, 6:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:A storm blew through early this morning, and the temperature dropped throughout the day. It was warmer when I left for work than it was at noon. With that being said, I still walked a couple of laps outside today.

My exercise today consisted of lots of walking, about 20 min of jogging in place (Wii Fit Plus), a game of Wii tennis (beat the level 2000 players in straight sets!), and a brief bit of cardio workout.
woo hoo!! GO AD! GO AD! GO AD!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 27th, 2010, 6:14 pm

I got to go to Curves today after all. I was on my way to Hertford when the clinic director called and said that I could telemed from New Bern after all. Yee ha! I didn't have to spend 6 hours driving today :) I didn't have my workout clothes or shoes with me, so I went to TJ Maxx and bought all new stuff. I got a pair of Saucony running shoes that are fabulous!!! The best part is the shoes were only $35 :D

I continue to feel great. Please help me to never give up again. Go CTN workout peeps :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: !!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 27th, 2010, 8:55 pm

DukePA wrote:I got to go to Curves today after all. I was on my way to Hertford when the clinic director called and said that I could telemed from New Bern after all. Yee ha! I didn't have to spend 6 hours driving today :) I didn't have my workout clothes or shoes with me, so I went to TJ Maxx and bought all new stuff. I got a pair of Saucony running shoes that are fabulous!!! The best part is the shoes were only $35 :D

I continue to feel great. Please help me to never give up again. Go CTN workout peeps :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: !!!!
Glad that you were able to work out! It's amazing how much better I feel now that I'm exercising regularly. Congrats on the new workout clothes!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 27th, 2010, 8:57 pm

DukePA wrote:I got to go to Curves today after all. I was on my way to Hertford when the clinic director called and said that I could telemed from New Bern after all. Yee ha! I didn't have to spend 6 hours driving today :) I didn't have my workout clothes or shoes with me, so I went to TJ Maxx and bought all new stuff. I got a pair of Saucony running shoes that are fabulous!!! The best part is the shoes were only $35 :D

You go, DukePA! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Since Wednesday is B's day off, it's my exercise day off. I will be back in front of the TV tomorrow evening, doing my thing with My Fitness Coach and Cardio Workout. I'm a little sore from last night's curls, tricep kickbacks, etc., since I hadn't used weights for weeks until then, but it's a good sore!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 27th, 2010, 9:03 pm

I didn't get as many outside loops in today, so I did a Cardio Dance workout.

I think I've finally reached the critical level of exercise. How do I know? I'm finally starting to lose weight. :happy-bouncyblue: As of today, I've lost 7 lbs since I started exercising seriously back at the end of August. :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 27th, 2010, 9:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I didn't get as many outside loops in today, so I did a Cardio Dance workout.

I think I've finally reached the critical level of exercise. How do I know? I'm finally starting to lose weight. :happy-bouncyblue: As of today, I've lost 7 lbs since I started exercising seriously back at the end of August. :happy-bouncyblue:
Fabulous!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 28th, 2010, 8:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I didn't get as many outside loops in today, so I did a Cardio Dance workout.

You rule, AD!

After spending last evening playing with my new baby (MacAir Pro, to replace my Toshiba with the non-working USB ports), I was back on the exercise wagon tonight. Thirty minutes of core body on My Fitness Coach, twenty-five minutes of Cardio Workout. Except for the knees, I feel great, and I feel like I earned my glass of Guardian Peak red wine. =p~
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 28th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Is anyone familiar with Planet Fitness? They're opening up in Kernersville, and their rates are a lot better than my current gym, and they're only about a half mile further from my house. But I'm hesitant to swap unless I know a little something about them, if their machines are more plentiful/newer/etc. They tout being a "Judgment Free Zone" where anyone, regardless of fitness ability, can go and not be embarrassed.
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » October 29th, 2010, 10:10 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Is anyone familiar with Planet Fitness? They're opening up in Kernersville, and their rates are a lot better than my current gym, and they're only about a half mile further from my house. But I'm hesitant to swap unless I know a little something about them, if their machines are more plentiful/newer/etc. They tout being a "Judgment Free Zone" where anyone, regardless of fitness ability, can go and not be embarrassed.
Not be embarrassed? Maybe this means they are mirror-free. I speak for myself. Need to get in a gym big time. I have not heard of Planet Fitness though.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 29th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Made it to the gym tonight, and got "my" treadmill. :happy-bouncyblue: Walked two minutes, then ran two minutes, for 32 minutes, and cooled down with 15 minutes on the bike. The knees feel good, and I feel good. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Now if we can just sink the Midshipmen tomorrow, I will feel fantastic. Go DUKE! :duke: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 30th, 2010, 12:49 am

yee ha, LG! I made it to Curves tonight and also feel great! We went out to dinner and I only ate half, but did allow for an extra glass, or 3, of wine :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: GO DUKE!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 30th, 2010, 8:19 am

DukePA wrote:yee ha, LG! I made it to Curves tonight and also feel great! We went out to dinner and I only ate half, but did allow for an extra glass, or 3, of wine :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: GO DUKE!
Way to go! A little wine is good for a person! Sometimes a little extra is even better! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

GO DUKE!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 30th, 2010, 11:09 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Made it to the gym tonight, and got "my" treadmill. :happy-bouncyblue: Walked two minutes, then ran two minutes, for 32 minutes, and cooled down with 15 minutes on the bike. The knees feel good, and I feel good. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Now if we can just sink the Midshipmen tomorrow, I will feel fantastic. Go DUKE! :duke: :duke:
Great job! Glad the knees are feeling good. Also glad you're now feeling fantastic. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 30th, 2010, 11:10 pm

DukePA wrote:yee ha, LG! I made it to Curves tonight and also feel great! We went out to dinner and I only ate half, but did allow for an extra glass, or 3, of wine :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: GO DUKE!
Nice job, DukePA, on the exercise and the meal! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 30th, 2010, 11:13 pm

My exercise today, aside from shopping at Target (97 calories!) was two games of Wii tennis (I lost both, dang it!) and some Wii Fit Plus stuff: advanced step, island lap, advanced obstacle course, and advanced rhythm parade. Not sure exactly how far the island lap is, but I ran in place for 11 min.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 30th, 2010, 11:22 pm

During halftime of the football game I did 15 minutes of My Fitness Coach flexibility. Otherwise, I did a bunch of walking around Friendly Center, and a bit of a trek at the hayride. I'll do better tomorrow.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 30th, 2010, 11:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:During halftime of the football game I did 15 minutes of My Fitness Coach flexibility. Otherwise, I did a bunch of walking around Friendly Center, and a bit of a trek at the hayride. I'll do better tomorrow.
That sounds like my day yesterday - we all have one of those! I think an occasional break is a good thing.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 31st, 2010, 7:42 am

60 minute walk on the beach in the AM, 30 minute walk on the beach in the mid-afternoon after too much lunch and 3 hours of screaming at the tv in the late afternoon/early evening :ymblushing:.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 31st, 2010, 11:06 pm

devildeac wrote:60 minute walk on the beach in the AM, 30 minute walk on the beach in the mid-afternoon after too much lunch and 3 hours of screaming at the tv in the late afternoon/early evening :ymblushing:.
All in all, a good day! :-)
-- Albert Einstein