Lavabe wrote:This thread is very much like another thread, yes? :-\
Yeah, it is. So? You gonna do something about it? Are you? Huh? :-o
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2010, 9:55 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Are you talkin' to me? ;)

But seriously... I wanted to post a food list of what I had for dinner, but I was confronted with two threads that could fit the bill. I'll defer to Miles... which thread should I post in? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 15th, 2010, 9:56 pm

Pan-fried Asian-marinated wahoo and salmon, steamed broccoli. mac-n-cheese.
-- DukeUsul
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 15th, 2010, 10:13 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Pan-fried Asian-marinated wahoo and salmon, steamed broccoli. mac-n-cheese.
You gotta post the recipe for the fish. Wahoo and Salmon served up together? I'll buy it. Was the mac-n-cheese from scratch of a box? Either way, I think it's a ballsy move to pair Asian-marinated fish with mac-n-cheese. I'd buy that too.
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 15th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Are you talkin' to me? ;)

But seriously... I wanted to post a food list of what I had for dinner, but I was confronted with two threads that could fit the bill. I'll defer to Miles... which thread should I post in? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Thread merge?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Fric*@#n' fra%#kin Cracker Barrel hasn't even opened up yet. I didn't notice that they had this huge 'Help Wanted' sign up across their entry, when I first drove by it. Yet, their tall, lighted sign along I26 is glowing to beat the band. I don't know how many folks have been induced to exit the highway with visions of chicken fried steak on their minds, only to be as fooled as I. #-o
I ended up risking life and limb to go across 10 lanes of traffic to a Hardee's on the other side. There was a stoplight with a painted cross-walk.
I had some very sad chicken. :|

Life could be better right now. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles

Post by Miles » August 15th, 2010, 10:23 pm

captmojo wrote:Fric*@#n' fra%#kin Cracker Barrel hasn't even opened up yet. I didn't notice that they had this huge 'Help Wanted' sign up across their entry, when I first drove by it. Yet, their tall, lighted sign along I26 is glowing to beat the band. I don't know how many folks have been induced to exit the highway with visions of chicken fried steak on their minds, only to be as fooled as I. #-o
I ended up risking life and limb to go across 10 lanes of traffic to a Hardee's on the other side. There was a stoplight with a painted cross-walk.

Fuck. Just double fuck. So sorry dude. Talk about tease.

Look at this way. You are saving up some major culinary karma. Hope you get to cash it on soon!
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2010, 10:25 pm

captmojo wrote:Fric*@#n' fra%#kin Cracker Barrel hasn't even opened up yet. I didn't notice that they had this huge 'Help Wanted' sign up across their entry, when I first drove by it. Yet, their tall, lighted sign along I26 is glowing to beat the band. I don't know how many folks have been induced to exit the highway with visions of chicken fried steak on their minds, only to be as fooled as I. #-o

Ooh. Gigantic bummer. Sorry, Capt!

French toast here for supper. It seemed like the thing to do at the time.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Shin kicks to Cracker Barrel for unnecessarily tormenting the cap'n.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 15th, 2010, 10:30 pm

CRAP.

On behalf of my now grown up Sam, I extend heartfelt condolences. There's nothing like having your heart set on a Cracker Barrel dinner only to have those plans foiled.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Supper this evening consisted of left-over chicken enchiladas and a slice of watermelon.

Pre-supper was a new concoction from Ted Drewe's: a mixture of orange slush and vanilla custard. Not bad, but it would've been even better with a bit more orange slush.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2010, 10:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Supper this evening consisted of left-over chicken enchiladas and a slice of watermelon.

Pre-supper was a new concoction from Ted Drewe's: a mixture of orange slush and vanilla custard. Not bad, but it would've been even better with a bit more orange slush.
Need a Ted Drewe's thread.

This has been my second request that you start such a thread.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2010, 10:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Thread merge?
It would seem that Ozzie is against it. It would also seem that Miles needs to post a clarification as to what goes in which thread.

It would also seem to be a FANTASTIC opportunity to PW the same post in multiple threads. :D
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » August 15th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Miles wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Pan-fried Asian-marinated wahoo and salmon, steamed broccoli. mac-n-cheese.
You gotta post the recipe for the fish. Wahoo and Salmon served up together? I'll buy it. Was the mac-n-cheese from scratch of a box? Either way, I think it's a ballsy move to pair Asian-marinated fish with mac-n-cheese. I'd buy that too.
I'll put the recipe in the recipe thread.

The dinner was made out of just whatever Lisa bought at the grocery store. She picked up the fish today, so that was already decided. She also picked up a box of Kraft Homestyle mac-n-cheese for free with her coupon skills. I saw it on the counter and said - I need that. Will it work with Asian fish? Hell yeah it will. And broccoli - well we eat broccoli all the time. It's Katie's favorite food. I can put a plate of macaroni and cheese and broccoli in front of her and she'll eat all the broccoli first. In fact, that's exactly what she did tonight.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Thread merge?
It would seem that Ozzie is against it. It would also seem that Miles needs to post a clarification as to what goes in which thread.

It would also seem to be a FANTASTIC opportunity to PW the same post in multiple threads. :D
Actually, I thought that's what you were hinting at. I was just giving you a hard time. I couldn't care less if you merge them or not! :ymdevil:

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Grilled flank steak (marinated, not rubbed), grilled chilis, grilled corn on the cob, salad (w/red peppers and yellow grape tomatoes), followed by an O'Fallon Blackberry Scottish-style ale.
:D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Smithfield's Chicken (white meat) and BBQ. A combo plate with baked beans and slaw.

Miles

Post by Miles » August 15th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Lavabe wrote:Grilled flank steak (marinated, not rubbed), grilled chilis, grilled corn on the cob, salad (w/red peppers and yellow grape tomatoes), followed by an O'Fallon Blackberry Scottish-style ale.
:D
I marinate flank steak, but can accomplish the same with a rub. ;)
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Now would we do something like that? :D
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2010, 10:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Now would we do something like that? :D
Most of us would at least try to discuss it in several posts before actually doing it. ;)