LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » August 24th, 2010, 8:32 am

Lavabe wrote:No one here at Happy Fun Place. I sense a PW storm tonight. :-ss :-ss
Don't taunt happy fun place.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 24th, 2010, 8:49 am

What's the deal with Pear Apples? They aren't apples, but they don't look like pears. @-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 24th, 2010, 8:52 am

Sugar-free Jelly Belly brand jelly beans: are they worth it? :twitch:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 24th, 2010, 8:59 am

CathyCA wrote:Sam called tonight to tell me about his roommate. The kid is an aerospace engineering major from San Francisco, originally from Guangzhou, China. The kid posts on FB in Mandarin. (I've just verified this.) He is a nerd, and Sam is thrilled. "Mom, he won't be bringing girls to the room or partying, so he won't disturb me."

We'll see. I'm just hoping that the roommate's study habits are a good influence on Sam.
OzzieDaughter's new MIL (they got married in December) posts in Mandarin with her mother, who speaks little or no English. OD's BIL's girlfriend is also Chinese (they are both sophs at NCSU) and she speaks Mandarin. It's interesting to see their posts on Facebook. SIL (that son in law, Cathy :D ) has defined this year's project as learning to speak Mandarin, just so he knows what's being said behind their backs. That'll be his fifth language. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 24th, 2010, 9:24 am

ARGH! My stupid computer just updated with the new flash, and now flash keeps crashing. Did somebody say there's a way to get the old versions?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2010, 9:35 am

I finally got around to booking my airline tickets for the Alabama game. I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone at Brunchgate.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2010, 9:35 am

Now I just need to research how to bring homebaked cookies on the plane with me.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 24th, 2010, 9:43 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Now I just need to research how to bring homebaked cookies on the plane with me.
You could ship them to Tilly UPS. I don't think K68 would eat them all before Brunchgate! :ymdevil: Or you could bake them at Tilly's while you're there!

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2010, 9:47 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Now I just need to research how to bring homebaked cookies on the plane with me.
Shouldn't be a problem at all. My mom brought a pie in her carry-on luggage at Thanksgiving. I've gone through security with various foods in my carry-on.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2010, 9:49 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem at all. My mom brought a pie in her carry-on luggage at Thanksgiving. I've gone through security with various foods in my carry-on.
I'm hoping that is still the case. I'm going to try to get confirmation ahead of time - but will bring them and hopefully not have to toss them at the security check point. Chocolate Bittersweets will be coming.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2010, 9:51 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Sam called tonight to tell me about his roommate. The kid is an aerospace engineering major from San Francisco, originally from Guangzhou, China. The kid posts on FB in Mandarin. (I've just verified this.) He is a nerd, and Sam is thrilled. "Mom, he won't be bringing girls to the room or partying, so he won't disturb me."

We'll see. I'm just hoping that the roommate's study habits are a good influence on Sam.
OzzieDaughter's new MIL (they got married in December) posts in Mandarin with her mother, who speaks little or no English. OD's BIL's girlfriend is also Chinese (they are both sophs at NCSU) and she speaks Mandarin. It's interesting to see their posts on Facebook. SIL (that son in law, Cathy :D ) has defined this year's project as learning to speak Mandarin, just so he knows what's being said behind their backs. That'll be his fifth language. B-)
WOW! I'm impressed. Your SIL is multilingual? I never knew that. Way cool!

The Mandarin FB posts look pretty. I have absolutely no idea what they mean: _____ might mean, "My roommate got lost on the light rail tonight." :D

CRUD! CTN won't let me copy Mandarin in to my posts.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 24th, 2010, 10:00 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

WOW! I'm impressed. Your SIL is multilingual? I never knew that. Way cool!

The Mandarin FB posts look pretty. I have absolutely no idea what they mean: _____ might mean, "My roommate got lost on the light rail tonight." :D

CRUD! CTN won't let me copy Mandarin in to my posts.
He speaks 4 languages. Most fluent in Spanish as he lived in Mexico with his family for ~6 months many years ago. After they got married 2 years ago he taught himself calculus. Last summer it was violin (he is a band director, afterall, and plays well over a dozen instruments.)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2010, 10:04 am

1. layers of paper towels/napkins between layers of cookies.
2. bubble wrap the package.
3. brownies or blondies instead of cookies.
4. what Ozzie said
:D =p~
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2010, 10:16 am

devildeac wrote:
4. what Ozzie said
Recipe has already been picked - shortbread cookie, coconut/nut/cream cheese filling/chocolate topping. No extra charge for the cholesterol. :D

May have to make a test package before that week to see how best to package them.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 24th, 2010, 10:17 am

If they don't package well - may switch to the Sherry Brownies - but may substitute Frangelica for the Sherry.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2010, 10:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
You could ship them to Tilly UPS. I don't think K68 would eat them all before Brunchgate! :ymdevil: Or you could bake them at Tilly's while you're there!
Keep in mind, there will be 3-4 women in the house, thus don't necessarily have the resources to accommodate all cooking/baking needs.

I thought part of the price of the tix included a contribution to brunchgate, thus they would be exempt from bringing anything.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 24th, 2010, 10:20 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:
4. what Ozzie said
Recipe has already been picked - shortbread cookie, coconut/nut/cream cheese filling/chocolate topping. No extra charge for the cholesterol. :D

May have to make a test package before that week to see how best to package them.
Oooh. I'll bring an extra Lipitor from the office for that game. Maybe one for everyone 8-| .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 24th, 2010, 10:28 am

I wonder if the same part of the brain that controls how we learn music also controls how we learn languages.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 24th, 2010, 12:05 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Keep in mind, there will be 3-4 women in the house, thus don't necessarily have the resources to accommodate all cooking/baking needs.

I thought part of the price of the tix included a contribution to brunchgate, thus they would be exempt from bringing anything.
It does! And they are exempt. But extra food contributions are always welcome! And they sound delicious! :D

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 24th, 2010, 12:14 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:No one here at Happy Fun Place. I sense a PW storm tonight. :-ss :-ss
Don't taunt happy fun place.

@};-
Can Happy Fun Place partake in the cookies at Brunchgate? Does Happy Fun Place need some Zocor?