LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2010, 1:21 pm

Patent law is evolving, curious as to what the Supreme Court says in the business process patent case. I think it involves the One-Click checkout at Amazon. Patenting that, how silly if you ask me. Now, modifications to nonwoven manufacturing equipment? That's cool stuff!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 22nd, 2010, 4:32 pm

Before church this morning, one of the members was expounding his latest health beliefs. (Since his wife passed from cancer, he's gone low-fat, then low-carb, and now something else, without much effect on his waistline.) He said he heard from some doctor that we should stay away from non-natural, processed, scientifically-made things, and we should stick with and use all forms of natural products.

Whereupon the retired schoolteacher next to me, in her mid-eighties, piped up, "What about marijuana? Isn't that a natural product?" :obscene-smokingjoint: :obscene-smokingweed:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2010, 9:52 pm

Has anyone else watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"? It is too weird for words. Not sure I'm going to finish watching it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2010, 10:29 pm

Is that the Robin Williams thing? Even if it is, I don't think I've seen more than a few minutes of it. Which was enough to get me to pass.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2010, 10:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Is that the Robin Williams thing? Even if it is, I don't think I've seen more than a few minutes of it. Which was enough to get me to pass.
No, Jim Carrey. Couldn't watch it all. Blech.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 22nd, 2010, 10:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Is that the Robin Williams thing? Even if it is, I don't think I've seen more than a few minutes of it. Which was enough to get me to pass.
Look out. The last time I said "blech," moderator Lavabe informed me I belonged on the NASCAR thread.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2010, 11:21 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Look out. The last time I said "blech," moderator Lavabe informed me I belonged on the NASCAR thread.
Kyle "Blech" Busch won all three Nascar races this weekend. Why is he called BLECH (so defined by Tilly)? Check out this piece:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le1681322/
As the article headline states, "Driver booed by Tennessee crowd but becomes first to record Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks race in one week."

From the article, one of the drivers, Brad Keselowski was quoted in introductions to the fans as saying, "“I'm Brad Keselowski ... Kyle Busch is (a jerk).” Funny... when I heard it, I thought he called Blech an ASS. /:) :ymcowboy:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm

Heh-heh.

Need one more for the 6er:

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: devildeac
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2010, 11:45 pm

Got it! The 6 pack:

In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: devildeac
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 23rd, 2010, 6:55 am

Hmm, no guests here now.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 23rd, 2010, 8:28 am

Lavabe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:No, Jim Carrey. Couldn't watch it all. Blech.
Kyle "Blech" Busch won all three Nascar races this weekend. Why is he called BLECH (so defined by Tilly)? Check out this piece:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le1681322/
As the article headline states, "Driver booed by Tennessee crowd but becomes first to record Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Trucks race in one week."

From the article, one of the drivers, Brad Keselowski was quoted in introductions to the fans as saying, "“I'm Brad Keselowski ... Kyle Busch is (a jerk).” Funny... when I heard it, I thought he called Blech an ASS. /:) :ymcowboy:
Both buschs are ass's. Some days kyle is the bigger one, other days kurt is.

I hate both of them.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 23rd, 2010, 9:31 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Some Eye Candy for the Ladies

Thank you.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2010, 6:22 pm

No one here at Happy Fun Place. I sense a PW storm tonight. :-ss :-ss
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

We went to Open House at Christian's school tonight. He has AWESOME teachers. I was particularly impressed with his English Language Arts teacher. (Those of you who were around here last year know that karma demands that "we" have a strong English teacher this year. We do!)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2010, 10:22 pm

Sam called tonight to tell me about his roommate. The kid is an aerospace engineering major from San Francisco, originally from Guangzhou, China. The kid posts on FB in Mandarin. (I've just verified this.) He is a nerd, and Sam is thrilled. "Mom, he won't be bringing girls to the room or partying, so he won't disturb me."

We'll see. I'm just hoping that the roommate's study habits are a good influence on Sam.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 23rd, 2010, 10:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:We went to Open House at Christian's school tonight. He has AWESOME teachers. I was particularly impressed with his English Language Arts teacher. (Those of you who were around here last year know that karma demands that "we" have a strong English teacher this year. We do!)
It sounds like you are ready for a wonderful school year for Christian. And Sam's situation sounds intriguing.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2010, 10:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:We went to Open House at Christian's school tonight. He has AWESOME teachers. I was particularly impressed with his English Language Arts teacher. (Those of you who were around here last year know that karma demands that "we" have a strong English teacher this year. We do!)
It sounds like you are ready for a wonderful school year for Christian. And Sam's situation sounds intriguing.
Thanks! It is an exciting time.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 23rd, 2010, 10:27 pm

Oh, I do remember that indeed. Glad that he has a good English teachers this year!
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 23rd, 2010, 10:34 pm

Oh no. Sam just called to get me to check the VTA light rail map. He got off the light rail at the wrong station. (He is in California. I am in North Carolina.)

Campus parking passes cost $600. Light rail passes are free. He's given up his car this semester, and he's riding the light rail around town applying for jobs. He needs a job so that he can pay for a parking pass next semester! :D

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 23rd, 2010, 11:03 pm

About 750 to go ;) .