LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2010, 12:32 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:OMG! Lady Gaga is coming to Raleigh on September 18. I must check my calendar!
Duke has a game that day...

Just sayin...

Some team from the SEC is comin' to town...

:whistle: :whistle:

And there will be out of town guests at the game. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2010, 7:35 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:OMG! Lady Gaga is coming to Raleigh on September 18. I must check my calendar!
Duke has a game that day...

Just sayin...

Some team from the SEC is comin' to town...

:whistle: :whistle:

And there will be out of town guests at the game. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY! I can't wait to see you again, DinK!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 8:02 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's another one for you, devildeac. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0.
I have watched that before. I just can't see Claire and David John scheming to do something like that down the center aisle of his church. OTOH, if our son ever gets married, I could see him with a "stunt" like that.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2010, 9:28 am

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Here's another one for you, devildeac. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0.
I have watched that before. I just can't see Claire and David John scheming to do something like that down the center aisle of his church. OTOH, if our son ever gets married, I could see him with a "stunt" like that.
If they do choose to dance down the aisle, I hope they'll choose a song by an artist who hasn't been convicted of a domestic violence crime.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 9:46 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
If they do choose to dance down the aisle, I hope they'll choose a song by an artist who hasn't been convicted of a domestic violence crime.
Great point.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

'Da Plumlees in Action

Post by knights68 » August 18th, 2010, 10:57 am

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: 'Da Plumlees in Action

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2010, 11:02 am

One of my FB friends posted it this morning.

I thought it would be spectacular if Miles had used both Mason and Marshall as his props. Maybe next time. . .

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2010, 11:37 am

I like how it was the top story on Yahoo's front page. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 18th, 2010, 12:16 pm

My boss, who doesn't know a basketball from a basket, emailed this link to me last night.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2010, 3:21 pm

So although my blood pressure was fantastic news, I failed my cholesterol series miserably. In addition to high cholesterol, high LDL, and low HDL, for the first time I have high triglycerides. :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

No Ted Drewe's for me. Instead, I get a double daily dose of Zocor. Sheesh!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:So although my blood pressure was fantastic news, I failed my cholesterol series miserably. In addition to high cholesterol, high LDL, and low HDL, for the first time I have high triglycerides. :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

Was your sample fasting?

If you have high TG and low HDL, I'd add Trilipix or Niaspan, too. 1-2 grams of fish oil daily might help but you can buy that OTC. I'll take my consultation fee in 12 ounce Dogfish Head or frozen dairy aliquots/payments :D . In person only. No USPS/FedEx/UPS payments accepted.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2010, 3:39 pm

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:So although my blood pressure was fantastic news, I failed my cholesterol series miserably. In addition to high cholesterol, high LDL, and low HDL, for the first time I have high triglycerides. :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

Was your sample fasting?

If you have high TG and low HDL, I'd add Trilipix or Niaspan, too. 1-2 grams of fish oil daily might help but you can buy that OTC. I'll take my consultation fee in 12 ounce Dogfish Head or frozen dairy aliquots/payments :D . In person only. No USPS/FedEx/UPS payments accepted.
Oh yes, I fasted 9-10 hours. And it's not like I'm on the St. Louis Ted Drewe's diet.

WTF??!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2010, 4:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I like how it was the top story on Yahoo's front page. :D
The dunk wasn't all that, though. I love the Plumlee brothers, but Mason had to bend his neck quite a bit to get his bro over the hump. Cool? Yes. Awesome? Eh.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Was your sample fasting?

Oh yes, I fasted 9-10 hours. And it's not like I'm on the St. Louis Ted Drewe's diet.

WTF??!!
If I have to explain it, it's not amusing.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2010, 5:40 pm

devildeac wrote:

Was your sample fasting?

Would a midwestern assortment work out instead of the DFH (which I am sure you can get in your neck of the woods)?

Maybe it's all that rice I had in Madagascar. 8-}
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 18th, 2010, 5:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
My boss, who doesn't know a basketball from a basket, emailed this link to me last night.
Good for your boss! I think it's great that he recognized your team!

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Was your sample fasting?

Would a midwestern assortment work out instead of the DFH (which I am sure you can get in your neck of the woods)?

Maybe it's all that rice I had in Madagascar. 8-}
Absolutely.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 18th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

I hate job interviews. I really do. When in an interview I always feel like I did whenever I got called the to Principal's Office in high school (which happened a lot!). My interview isn't until 1pm tomorrow and I am already stressing out preparing for it. Fuck it, another half hour and that's it, I'll be going to bed. Hopefully my insomnia doesn't bother me tonight!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2010, 11:04 pm

colchar wrote:Aaarrrggghhh!!!

I hate job interviews. I really do. When in an interview I always feel like I did whenever I got called the to Principal's Office in high school (which happened a lot!). My interview isn't until 1pm tomorrow and I am already stressing out preparing for it. Fuck it, another half hour and that's it, I'll be going to bed. Hopefully my insomnia doesn't bother me tonight!
I never stressed over interviews, but I interview really well..it's one of my strengths. To me it's nothing more than a straight up conversation..sure they are asking me questions, but I try to volunteer as much as I can without them even having to ask, often asking them questions back. That way it's a two way dynamic conversation that both parties are actively involved in as opposed to an interrogation. Best of luck on yours!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2010, 7:25 am

I'm beginning to think my best PW'ing days are behind me! :(