LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 12:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:Dang. Two threads locked here in the last 2-3 weeks. Mods actually having to leave their recliners.

It's the end of the world as we know it...

(where have I heard that before? :think: )
And the ironic thing, DD, is this happened AFTER the lawyers gave up their green jackets. And people think WE'RE a contentious bunch!

I agree, though, it's best to forestall any problems.
You're still wearing yours.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 11th, 2010, 12:43 pm

TillyGalore wrote:You're still wearing yours.
I passed my mantle to bjornolf. I don't get consulted anymore. People were tired of paying my billable hours. =))
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 12:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
I passed my mantle to bjornolf. I don't get consulted anymore. People were tired of paying my billable hours. =))
Wait, you work for the State, you don't bill for hours. ;) ;) Do you?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 11th, 2010, 12:51 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Wait, you work for the State, you don't bill for hours. ;) ;) Do you?
Oh, yeah, that's right. I work for the state. I get paid bi-weakly.

Ironically, if I were a public defender, I could also have a small private practice on the side if it didn't impact my job. Lots of PD's serve as judicial officers for mental evaluations, accept process for out-of-state corporations, things like that. Those of us in the white hats are just expected to live on the scraps the state doles out, especially in poor jurisdictions like Henry County. (The state pays the localities a certain amount for our salaries, and the localities are free to add to that amount. So in richer localities, the added sums are fairly substantial. Here, not so much.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 11th, 2010, 12:57 pm

Yippee! I was glancing through the spam box of my email to see if it caught anything it shouldn't have, and I got an offer for paralegal training, where I can assist in the courtroom, or even get a law degree online!

Where do I sign?
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 12:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Yippee! I was glancing through the spam box of my email to see if it caught anything it shouldn't have, and I got an offer for paralegal training, where I can assist in the courtroom, or even get a law degree online!

Where do I sign?
I laugh my ass off when I get those type of emails. I've been getting several in my work email, not even the spam box, about getting a college degree. I've been tempted to respond back with a copy of my CV, but don't. Got more important things to do.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 11th, 2010, 12:59 pm

devildeac wrote:Dang. Two threads locked here in the last 2-3 weeks. Mods actually having to leave their recliners.

What else got locked?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2010, 1:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Ironically, if I were a public defender, I could also have a small private practice on the side if it didn't impact my job. Lots of PD's serve as judicial officers for mental evaluations, accept process for out-of-state corporations, things like that. Those of us in the white hats are just expected to live on the scraps the state doles out, especially in poor jurisdictions like Henry County. (The state pays the localities a certain amount for our salaries, and the localities are free to add to that amount. So in richer localities, the added sums are fairly substantial. Here, not so much.)
Yes, but at least you get paid.

Those of us in private practice are at the mercy of our clients, who sometimes think that lawyers are already rich, so they tend not to pay, or balk at paying our bills.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 11th, 2010, 1:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Those of us in private practice are at the mercy of our clients, who sometimes think that lawyers are already rich, so they tend not to pay, or balk at paying our bills.
I can imagine. When I was in private practice, clients seemed to think they shouldn't have to pay for someone just saying words for them. They didn't know the prep work involved beforehand, and frankly probably didn't care.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 1:24 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Oh, yeah, that's right. I work for the state. I get paid bi-weakly.
Brava!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 11th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Don't look now but I see bostondevil online!
:ymhug:
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Miles wrote:Don't look now but I see bostondevil online!
You scared her off. :((
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Miles wrote:Don't look now but I see bostondevil online!
She was in Shamm's homies thread.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2010, 2:19 pm

colchar wrote:

What else got locked?
The "WTF Happened Over Yonder" thread.

It was a good idea to lock that one, too as it was getting rather contentious.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2010, 2:20 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

That last paragraph sounds familiar.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2010, 2:43 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

That last paragraph sounds familiar.
But you doctors are smarter than the lawyers in that you figured out how to get some payment through insurance.

We don't have that system, but we should.

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2010, 3:03 pm

We're the boys to King's Dominion tomorrow. Wish me luck! :((

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2010, 3:10 pm

There are married people on here..at the same time. :x
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 11th, 2010, 3:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:There are married people on here..at the same time. :x
:veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2010, 3:15 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:There are married people on here..at the same time. :x
Georgia the Wonderdog is sitting in between us. She'd respond too, but she lacks the dexterity to handle the keyboard.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.