LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by EarlJam » August 9th, 2010, 3:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:In January we'll have 1-11-11.
On 4-4-11, we'll have Back-to-Back championships for the men's basketball team! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :D

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 9th, 2010, 3:39 pm

TillyGalore wrote: In colchar's world today's date is 9-8-10.

Darned tootin' it is!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 9th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Won't those January dates set off some sort of alleged binary silliness like Y2K did? Was that ever actually real?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 9th, 2010, 3:56 pm

colchar wrote:Won't those January dates set off some sort of alleged binary silliness like Y2K did? Was that ever actually real?
Good question. Wouldn't it be wild if we did all that prep work for Y2K, only to be dissapointed by the lack of any real disaster, only to get bitten in the ass by the Y2011 bug?

By the way, the best thing to come out of the whole Y2K thing was the story of Peter, Michael Bolton and Samir and their job's at Initech. Lumberg. What an asshole.

-EarlJam
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 9th, 2010, 5:47 pm

EarlJam wrote:
colchar wrote:Won't those January dates set off some sort of alleged binary silliness like Y2K did? Was that ever actually real?
Good question. Wouldn't it be wild if we did all that prep work for Y2K, only to be dissapointed by the lack of any real disaster, only to get bitten in the ass by the Y2011 bug?

By the way, the best thing to come out of the whole Y2K thing was the story of Peter, Michael Bolton and Samir and their job's at Initech. Lumberg. What an asshole.

-EarlJam

Care to fill us in on the story? I'm far too lazy to look it up.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2010, 7:17 pm

colchar wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EarlJam

Care to fill us in on the story? I'm far too lazy to look it up.
See the movie, Office Space.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2010, 7:19 pm

The Cardinals are in town for the next three days to visit the Reds. I sold my tickets for today's and Wednesday's games for much more than face value. Slight compensation for having to watch the Pirates come a visitin'.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 9th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Best movie ever.

-- DukeUsul
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 9th, 2010, 7:58 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Best movie ever.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

AWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSSOOOMMMMEEEE! Thanks for posting this! Just made my night.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

-EarlJam
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 9th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Bruce got a notice today of distribution for some mutual funds he did owe, and apparently he is owed not quite half a cent. Boy, that will really help with the car payment!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 9th, 2010, 8:56 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:The Cardinals are in town for the next three days to visit the Reds. I sold my tickets for today's and Wednesday's games for much more than face value. Slight compensation for having to watch the Pirates come a visitin'.
Probably a good thing you're not there tonight, Ymo! The Reds are down by a touchdown.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 9th, 2010, 9:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Miles wrote:
colchar wrote:All of the food talk around here recently got me to wondering whatever happened to that recipe book we were talking about putting together?
I'm still down to design, layout and assemble. I think we need more recipes. I say we start wrapping it up after football season.
I only got one recipe contribution..(although luckily TNTdevil has literally hundreds (if not more) of his own.)
Feel free to PM me or email me your recipes...and of course I'm sure some will be plucked from the recipe thread.
:( did you lose my recipe?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2010, 9:40 pm

DukePA wrote:
Miles wrote: I'm still down to design, layout and assemble. I think we need more recipes. I say we start wrapping it up after football season.
I only got one recipe contribution..(although luckily TNTdevil has literally hundreds (if not more) of his own.)
Feel free to PM me or email me your recipes...and of course I'm sure some will be plucked from the recipe thread.
:( did you lose my recipe?
Not if you emailed it. Honestly I haven't checked the cookbook email address in a while, there might be a bunch in there. I'll check tonight and give an update on what I do have.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Wow. 15 members/guests a bit earlier. Folks must have thought there was a FB or MBB game on tonight.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 9th, 2010, 9:56 pm

devildeac wrote:Wow. 15 members/guests a bit earlier. Folks must have thought there was a FB or MBB game on tonight.
Should I expect LOTS of moderating tonight from the 15 logged in?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Wow. 15 members/guests a bit earlier. Folks must have thought there was a FB or MBB game on tonight.
Should I expect LOTS of moderating tonight from the 15 logged in?
No????
Miles

Post by Miles » August 9th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Hard to say if Y2K was actually real. Some sides of the camp claim that the exhaustive efforts leading up to the date helped to prevent the crisis from occurring. Others claim that it is impossible for all parties with a vested interest to cover their collective asses so easily. After twelve years of software development, I can imagine why people subscribe to the latter view. Maybe we'll never know but I'm sure glad people cared because my father was a Y2K developer for one of the big banks, and the crisis was his ticket out of Havelock into Charlotte. Without, I probably wouldn't have ended up here, and then I wouldn't have met Kelly or ever been on DBR and met you fools.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2010, 11:36 pm

colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Must have posted it. VDB emailed one to me.

I can't find them in the thread. What the hell did I do with them? I remember typing them out but what happened after that is a mystery to me.
I'll double check my emails.
Ahhh...Colchar did indeed send me a couple. And VDB, and DukePA tonight (even though she too had sent me the mimosa recipe before :D ). (It's an email address I don't often use, but it's good to keep the recipes in one place)
For those that are still interested..the email address is cookbook@crazietalk.net. Reminder..it's a cookbook built around tailgating, so don't submit something that takes a lot of kitchen prep for (or if it does, make sure it works well served cold or can be easily reheated on a grill)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 9th, 2010, 11:52 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Best movie ever.

Deja vu from another internet gathering place... you gonna send me those spare printers? :D

:violence-hammer:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 10th, 2010, 1:46 am

Miles wrote:
colchar wrote:Maybe we'll never know but I'm sure glad people cared because my father was a Y2K developer for one of the big banks, and the crisis was his ticket out of Havelock into Charlotte. Without, I probably wouldn't have . . . met you fools.
You view that as a positive development? If so, you're sick and need help.

;)
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------