LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2010, 5:10 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote: Nope.
And none on LordAsh's PPB if he ever followed through and started one.
And none on IC either.

:ymdevil: =))
Nor on the Devil's Den.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 6th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote: And none on LordAsh's PPB if he ever followed through and started one.
And none on IC either.

:ymdevil: =))
Nor on the Devil's Den.
That too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 6th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote: In real life, it is on the west side though I think native Cincinnatians don't consider the northern suburbs where I'm at part of the East side-West side debate.
And in all honesty, your apartment is not "in the sky." ;)
Soon, I'll be living elsewhere... :)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 6th, 2010, 9:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Tilly's quoting Colchar to jack up her post count was very impressive. :ymapplause:
Thank you. Thank you vury much.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 6th, 2010, 10:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote: In real life, it is on the west side though I think native Cincinnatians don't consider the northern suburbs where I'm at part of the East side-West side debate.
And in all honesty, your apartment is not "in the sky." ;)
Soon, I'll be living elsewhere... :)
Whereabouts?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 7th, 2010, 12:54 pm

I'm not drunk, but feel compelled to tell you all how much I LUV you crazie fools :D :x :x :x :x :x :x
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 1:30 pm

DukePA wrote:I'm not drunk, but feel compelled to tell you all how much I LUV you crazie fools :D :x :x :x :x :x :x

Yeah right, sure you're not drunk.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 7th, 2010, 1:39 pm

colchar wrote:
DukePA wrote:I'm not drunk, but feel compelled to tell you all how much I LUV you crazie fools :D :x :x :x :x :x :x

Nice avatar. =))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 7th, 2010, 5:00 pm

colchar wrote:

I think it's the juxtaposition of the comment and the avatar that make this post so funny. :))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 7th, 2010, 5:49 pm

colchar wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha!!!
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Where is everybody?
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 7th, 2010, 11:39 pm

I have no idea where this originated - it was posted over yonder ages ago and I saved a copy which I stumbled across on my computer tonight. Even though I cannot give credit to the original author (or authors) it is still funny and everyone here should appreciate it so here goes:

An Open Letter from a Duke Fan

I am a Duke fan. My team is better than yours. I'm smarter than you. I make more money than you do. I'm sleeping with your wife.

The refs are on our payroll. In the offseason we get together with all the NCAA officials and party like we're an Olympic Committee. You think Duke gets all the calls? Not quite--we want you to think you have a chance, so you'll get a few. But you don't have a chance. We're going to get all the calls that really matter. Ask Lute Olsen. Jason Williams attacked Jason Gardner with a crowbar in 2001, and the ref glanced askance at Coach K. A barely perceptible shake of the Master's head sealed it: no foul. After the game Williams slept with Gardner's girlfriend.

The funny thing is, we don't need the refs. We keep them on the payroll just to torment you. Our 3rd team has more All Americans than your whole squad. We keep them around so we get to practice against someone who is better than you. We prey on the weak.

Coach K isn't like the Godfather. He IS the Godfather. He carries a fat bankroll of c-notes and doles them out "for the program". His Hummer H2 has gold plated rims and a mini-bar. Dickie V is his golfing buddy. He owns a majority stake in CBS.

You may win a game or two here and there, but in the end Duke will destroy you. Does your win in the Sweet 16 erase the memory of your loss to Duke in the national championship game? Ask Kansas. Does storming back from 17 points down in a regional final erase the pain of the most famous shot in the history of college basketball? Ask Kentucky. Does winning the ACC tournament make up for blowing the biggest lead in Final Four history? Ask Maryland.

We actually could have won more national championships than we have. We take a dive from time to time, so it will hurt more next time we rip your heart out. We're sadistic like that.

There is no justice in college basketball, so don't bother looking. There is only Duke.

Sincerely Yours,
A Duke Fan
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 8th, 2010, 7:24 am

Wish I'd written that! And it's all TRUE! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2010, 7:29 am

colchar wrote:I have no idea where this originated - it was posted over yonder ages ago and I saved a copy which I stumbled across on my computer tonight. Even though I cannot give credit to the original author (or authors) it is still funny and everyone here should appreciate it so here goes:

An Open Letter from a Duke Fan

I am a Duke fan. My team is better than yours. I'm smarter than you. I make more money than you do. I'm sleeping with your wife.

The refs are on our payroll. In the offseason we get together with all the NCAA officials and party like we're an Olympic Committee. You think Duke gets all the calls? Not quite--we want you to think you have a chance, so you'll get a few. But you don't have a chance. We're going to get all the calls that really matter. Ask Lute Olsen. Jason Williams attacked Jason Gardner with a crowbar in 2001, and the ref glanced askance at Coach K. A barely perceptible shake of the Master's head sealed it: no foul. After the game Williams slept with Gardner's girlfriend.

The funny thing is, we don't need the refs. We keep them on the payroll just to torment you. Our 3rd team has more All Americans than your whole squad. We keep them around so we get to practice against someone who is better than you. We prey on the weak.

Coach K isn't like the Godfather. He IS the Godfather. He carries a fat bankroll of c-notes and doles them out "for the program". His Hummer H2 has gold plated rims and a mini-bar. Dickie V is his golfing buddy. He owns a majority stake in CBS.

You may win a game or two here and there, but in the end Duke will destroy you. Does your win in the Sweet 16 erase the memory of your loss to Duke in the national championship game? Ask Kansas. Does storming back from 17 points down in a regional final erase the pain of the most famous shot in the history of college basketball? Ask Kentucky. Does winning the ACC tournament make up for blowing the biggest lead in Final Four history? Ask Maryland.

We actually could have won more national championships than we have. We take a dive from time to time, so it will hurt more next time we rip your heart out. We're sadistic like that.

There is no justice in college basketball, so don't bother looking. There is only Duke.

Sincerely Yours,
A Duke Fan
:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:

Only 4 sporks because that's all the MBB NC we have.

For now.

:duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2010, 7:34 am

Here is my post from New York City.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2010, 7:38 am

CathyCA wrote:Here is my post from New York City.
You're having WAY too much fun to PW, right? How did you like Wicked? :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2010, 7:38 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
You're having WAY too much fun to PW, right? How did you like Wicked? :happy-bouncyblue:
I loved Wicked! In fact, I'm defying gravity right now.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2010, 7:43 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I loved Wicked! In fact, I'm defying gravity right now.
I loved it so much that I promptly purchased the soundtrack. I'm ready to see it again. (And now I'm going to have that song running through my head again!)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2010, 7:54 am

Assuming my boss approves it, I'm going to take a vacation the week before the Duke-Alabama football game. I want to visit some friends in Virginia (haven't been back to Lexington in about 9 years) and also want to visit an aunt and uncle that live in Lewisville. I would end up in Durham for Brunchgate and the big game. My current dilemma: do I drive, or do I fly and rent a car once I get there? It's a LONG drive (12 hrs or so). If I drive, I've already told Lavabe that I'll play bootlegger and drop some beer off for him in the Land of the Lost. Obviously not an option if I fly. I have a free ticket on Southwest that I could use, so I'd just have to pay for car rental. (Am I talking myself into flying here???)
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 8th, 2010, 8:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Assuming my boss approves it, I'm going to take a vacation the week before the Duke-Alabama football game. I want to visit some friends in Virginia (haven't been back to Lexington in about 9 years) and also want to visit an aunt and uncle that live in Lewisville. I would end up in Durham for Brunchgate and the big game. My current dilemma: do I drive, or do I fly and rent a car once I get there? It's a LONG drive (12 hrs or so). If I drive, I've already told Lavabe that I'll play bootlegger and drop some beer off for him in the Land of the Lost. Obviously not an option if I fly. I have a free ticket on Southwest that I could use, so I'd just have to pay for car rental. (Am I talking myself into flying here???)
Rent a car.
Make the delivery.
See the country.
Visit the friends.
Visit the aunt.
Leave rental at RDU.
Fly home safely.

Happy to be of service, Mam.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"