LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » July 23rd, 2010, 4:54 am

Why am I the only one here right now? Where is everybody? C'mon, it's only 4:54am so you can't all be in bed ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 8:08 am

Good morning. ~O) Yes, Colchar, I was in bed at 4:54 a.m., and sound asleep!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 23rd, 2010, 8:37 am

On the CBS Morning News they have an 11 year old reviewing current movies. First they did Inception. He referred to "the Ellen Page character". That's the dippy girl in the Cisco commercials! =)) =)) =)) =))

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 4:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Are they trying to figure out who else to call a wanker? Who else to yell at for not being 100% on point?
They've changed the software/look of the boards entirely. Well, mostly anyway. Note to DD - the post counts are still there and you're still #1. I'm #7, just trailing Jumbo. No, I'm not going to PW to pass him. =))[/quote]
Yea, but all the old "status" levels are gone. I have 1 pitchfork now and am a "member."

Wonder if that's anything like a wanker...

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 4:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:In reading the old/new Decorum and Posting Guidelines over yonder, they explain the different categories of infraction.

Right next to Category X, I have an ad inviting me to "Date Mrs. Robinson." It's an invitation to go to a website service for young men to date "single, sophisticated women."

What the fuck is this? A dating website for men looking for cougars? Are they that hard-up (no pun intended) for money? Where do I complain? It was bad enough having to worry about the half-naked women in the Evony ads when I would go over there here at work. This is insane. I realize I'm not exactly their demographic (I'm not necessarily young, I'm not single, I'm not male) but good Lord, when did they turn into pimps?

Thank you for allowing me to rant. I'm leaving the office now, going home and ripping my eyeballs out.
OMG--if you don't pose that question over yonder, I think I will!
You might have to change the wording just a bit... =))
Yea. I'd suggest something like, "what the wanker is this?"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 4:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My post over yonder....(I'm merlindevildog91 in that faraway place, btw)

I, too, find the ads distracting when embedded in a reply. Not only are they distracting, but they detract from the message.

Case in point: On both my work and home computers, in the "Decorum and Posting Guidelines" thread, next to the Category X warning description, is an ad for "DateMrsRobinson.com". I don't offend all that easily, but I found this quite offensive.

I know you must have ads to run. I know your control over Google ads is limited. But good grief! "DateMrsRobinson.com"? What's next? PimpsRUs?

I have been reading DBR for ages and have been reading the forums for long before I started to post. It seems to me that the demographic here is NOT 18 year old lads seeking sugar mama cougars. It would seem if you want your board to be PG-13 and nothing you would want your mother to experience, this is the type of thing that is completely inappropriate.

I was frankly embarrassed to be on DBR at my work this afternoon when I saw this.

I may be an old fuddy-duddy, but at least I'm not a wanker. :)

All the high-faluting folderol about how this should be PG13 and how you shouldn't post anything you want your mother to see, and right next to it is this. You can't say "damn" or any of EJ's other favorite words, but you can pimp your nubile teenage male body out to some cougar? In this instance, it would seem, order has NOT been restored.

Okay, off the soapbox and off to the grocery store.
Hmmm, wonder how long this post lasted before it disappeared without explanation?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 23rd, 2010, 6:31 pm

DD, I think it's still there. I should probably post a few times, to see if I can get an ad for motorcycle technician school embedded to my post. :auto-sportbike: Considering how my boss was trying to read an email I was writing when he came in my office yesterday, over yonder is now off-limits at the salt mine.

Made it back to the gym again today. Wednesday I tried to run and I thought my calves were detaching from my body, so I had to quit really early. :( But I thought about it, and decided I probably wasn't warmed up enough, and I also probably really didn't need to worry about setting new speed records. I added an extra 5 minutes of warmup walking, then did the same 3 minute walk, 1 minute run for 40 minutes, then 5 minutes worth of cooldown walking.

At this rate, I'll be running a 5K in about 2014....
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 8:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:DD, I think it's still there. I should probably post a few times, to see if I can get an ad for motorcycle technician school embedded to my post. :auto-sportbike: Considering how my boss was trying to read an email I was writing when he came in my office yesterday, over yonder is now off-limits at the salt mine.

Made it back to the gym again today. Wednesday I tried to run and I thought my calves were detaching from my body, so I had to quit really early. :( But I thought about it, and decided I probably wasn't warmed up enough, and I also probably really didn't need to worry about setting new speed records. I added an extra 5 minutes of warmup walking, then did the same 3 minute walk, 1 minute run for 40 minutes, then 5 minutes worth of cooldown walking.

At this rate, I'll be running a 5K in about 2014....
It was still there when I perused the site about 90 minutes ago.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 23rd, 2010, 9:41 pm

Hey Lavabe, I just got back from Ted Drewe's. Went with the MUNY Mocha Magic again. Yummy. Best supper ever. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 10:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Hey Lavabe, I just got back from Ted Drewe's. Went with the MUNY Mocha Magic again. Yummy. Best supper ever. :ymdevil:
Supper?

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 23rd, 2010, 10:49 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Hey Lavabe, I just got back from Ted Drewe's. Went with the MUNY Mocha Magic again. Yummy. Best supper ever. :ymdevil:
Supper?

I had lunch today at India Rasoi (buffet). Didn't need much supper.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 10:58 pm

devildeac wrote:
Supper?

When I lived in the mountains, most of the folks up there call lunch "dinner". It was weird. I still don't know what meal they ate at night.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 11:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Supper?

When I lived in the mountains, most of the folks up there call lunch "dinner". It was weird. I still don't know what meal they ate at night.
Pale ale.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 11:08 pm

Hey, DA's here. Wonder how many "reputation points" she has...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2010, 11:10 pm

devildeac wrote:Hey, DA's here. Wonder how many "reputation points" she has...
Hope she has read the new and improved DBR and our WTF thread so she knows what "reputation points" are. If not, I am in a load of trouble :ymblushing: .
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2010, 11:32 pm

I just made a huge pot of clam chowder.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 23rd, 2010, 11:48 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just made a huge pot of clam chowder.
:text-bravo:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 23rd, 2010, 11:49 pm

Not enough! ;)
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 24th, 2010, 2:23 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Not enough! ;)

You've got tons of them here though!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 24th, 2010, 6:42 am

Good morning. ~O) Up early this Saturday morning because we want to beat the heat, at least the brutal afternoon heat, and will tee off about 8:30 instead of 10. I prefer 10 and screw the heat. I'll hit the pool after golf! Don't know if the youngin's will stop here this afternoon for an overnight stop on their way back from Sunset Beach today or will go straight back to Banner Elk.