Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » July 17th, 2010, 9:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O) Yeah, it's early for a Saturday, but I tee off at 9:08 a.m. Club Championship weekend. Gotta get moving!
Good luck Ozzmeister! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
lawgrad91 wrote:Good luck Ozzie! :9f: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :9f:
Thanks for the good wishes, ladies, but unfortunately it ... did ... not ... go ... well. Remember that birdie 3 and eagle 2 I had on the first hole 2 weeks ago? Today I had a 7 - triple bogey. Followed by a triple bogey 8 on #2. A par 3, a double bogey 6 and then a quad bogey 8 on #5. 12 over par after 5 holes. Add in a triple bogey 7 on #15 (15 over) and other than that, I played reasonably well on the other 12 holes. Ended with a 92, 20 over par (51+41=92). They pay, in flight, both gross and net winners over two days (total score). I'm 17 shots back gross and 16 shots behind net. Oh, well, there's always next year...
That sounds like my kinda round, only the other 12 holes would have sucked, too. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 17th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Sending vibes to bjornolf, Ima, and DukeRah. :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:

And a few extra for anyone else who needs them. :pray: :wizard: :ymhug: :pray: :wizard: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 17th, 2010, 10:15 pm

My Saab crossed over the 200,000 mile threshold today.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 17th, 2010, 11:48 pm

Back from the Mission Trip to Nashville. Maybe this belongs in the Weather thread - but it was hot! No ac in the cabins, only in the kitchen facility where we had worship services. The ac doesn't hold up when you put 100+ people in the place.

It was a successful trip - Our Youth Group Rocks!

Thanks for taking all my calls, ArkieDukie. We had a great, but short, sleep in your church. We were on the road by 6am and arrived back at our church by 10:30.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 18th, 2010, 7:00 am

Good morning. ~O) Tourney day two, here I come.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 18th, 2010, 8:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Celebrated yet again by going to Ted Drewe's. Tried one of their new concoctions: MUNY Mocha Magic (vanilla frozen custard swirled with mocha and crushed Heath bars). YUM-MY! :x
This is NOT what I came out of the woods to read. How do I get one here? :drool:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 18th, 2010, 8:38 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O) Tourney day two, here I come.
Good luck, Ozzie. No pressure today, so go out and have fun!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 18th, 2010, 9:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Back from the Mission Trip to Nashville. Maybe this belongs in the Weather thread - but it was hot! No ac in the cabins, only in the kitchen facility where we had worship services. The ac doesn't hold up when you put 100+ people in the place.

It was a successful trip - Our Youth Group Rocks!

Thanks for taking all my calls, ArkieDukie. We had a great, but short, sleep in your church. We were on the road by 6am and arrived back at our church by 10:30.
You're very welcome! Glad it all finally worked out. Bet everyone slept well last night.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 18th, 2010, 9:11 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Celebrated yet again by going to Ted Drewe's. Tried one of their new concoctions: MUNY Mocha Magic (vanilla frozen custard swirled with mocha and crushed Heath bars). YUM-MY! :x
This is NOT what I came out of the woods to read. How do I get one here? :drool:
Let's see ... if I packed it in dry ice and shipped it overnight ... :-?
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 18th, 2010, 10:24 am

lawgrad91 wrote:My Saab crossed over the 200,000 mile threshold today.

I love cars that seem to go forever. :)
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 18th, 2010, 1:16 pm

I'm pissed. We left the shore at 1030 expecting a nice 8.5 hr ride home. I noticed a tire was about 5 psi low, so I topped it off when we stopped for gas on our way out. About ten miles down the GSP, my tire pressure monitor goes off. I pull off the hwy but don't get very far before it's totally flat. I have to change it on the side of the road in the mud - I had to pull over so far so I wouldn't get hit. Lisa's dad drives down and picks her, katie and the dogs up to take them back to his place. I'm stuck trying to find a fucking new tire on a Sunday outside of Atlantic city. Only Sears is open and they're packed. Will be two hours if I'm lucky. Will be getting on the road about 5 hrs after we first started and will get home after midnight.

I'm not very happy.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 18th, 2010, 1:28 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm pissed. We left the shore at 1030 expecting a nice 8.5 hr ride home. I noticed a tire was about 5 psi low, so I topped it off when we stopped for gas on our way out. About ten miles down the GSP, my tire pressure monitor goes off. I pull off the hwy but don't get very far before it's totally flat. I have to change it on the side of the road in the mud - I had to pull over so far so I wouldn't get hit. Lisa's dad drives down and picks her, katie and the dogs up to take them back to his place. I'm stuck trying to find a fucking new tire on a Sunday outside of Atlantic city. Only Sears is open and they're packed. Will be two hours if I'm lucky. Will be getting on the road about 5 hrs after we first started and will get home after midnight.

I'm not very happy.

Sorry to hear this, DU. :( I hope you can get a new tire quickly.

At least it was close enough for Lisa's dad to come get her, Katie, and the dogs, who would all have had a miserable two hours hanging out at Sears.

BTW, how is Katie's chickenpox?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 18th, 2010, 1:37 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm pissed. We left the shore at 1030 expecting a nice 8.5 hr ride home. I noticed a tire was about 5 psi low, so I topped it off when we stopped for gas on our way out. About ten miles down the GSP, my tire pressure monitor goes off. I pull off the hwy but don't get very far before it's totally flat. I have to change it on the side of the road in the mud - I had to pull over so far so I wouldn't get hit. Lisa's dad drives down and picks her, katie and the dogs up to take them back to his place. I'm stuck trying to find a fucking new tire on a Sunday outside of Atlantic city. Only Sears is open and they're packed. Will be two hours if I'm lucky. Will be getting on the road about 5 hrs after we first started and will get home after midnight.

I'm not very happy.

That SUUUUCKS!!!! Vibes to making it home safely! :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » July 18th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Yup. Thank goodness this didn't happen four hrs down the road. And thank goodness katie's chickenpox cleared up in 4-5 days. She's doing great now.

-- DukeUsul
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 18th, 2010, 3:38 pm

The yard is mowed. B did the front and I took care of the back. My prayers for rain were unanswered....

Off to Fleming's for the prime rib Sunday special in a bit. :drool:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 18th, 2010, 4:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O) Tourney day two, here I come.
Good luck, Ozzie. No pressure today, so go out and have fun!
Thanks and yup, definitely no pressure today. Played some better, only one triple bogey today. But I "bladed" two wedge shots today one 1 and 3 (instead of hitting a nice soft, high shot of about 40 yards onto the greens, I hit the middle of the ball with the leading edge of the club, sending the ball way long on a line drive trajectory. The one on 1 didn't really hurt me, but on three I went OB (out of bounds) and had to drop another ball and attempt the same shot again, which I did successfully. With the penalty "shot" for going OB, I was on in 4 instead of 2.

Anyway, I shot an 89, had lunch and went swimming. Now I'm watching the Yankees and Rays on TBS!

DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » July 18th, 2010, 4:57 pm

I'm still at Sears. Wheels are just going back on now.

-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 18th, 2010, 5:07 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I'm still at Sears. Wheels are just going back on now.

At least you don't have to spend the night at Sears. Travel safely when you finally get on the road.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 18th, 2010, 5:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My Saab crossed over the 200,000 mile threshold today.
That's impressive. Seriously.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 18th, 2010, 9:38 pm

:D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D :animals-bunnywhite: :D
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith