LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » July 11th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Yeah she had the vax. I was surprised at how low the effectiveness is. They say that if they get infected after having the vaccine it should reduce the severity of the symptoms. I sure hope so. Katie has been talking about being a flower girl for the last two weeks.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 11th, 2010, 9:18 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Yeah she had the vax. I was surprised at how low the effectiveness is. They say that if they get infected after having the vaccine it should reduce the severity of the symptoms. I sure hope so. Katie has been talking about being a flower girl for the last two weeks.
Sending extra strong vibes that she'll get over the chicken pox and be a flower girl. Also sending shin kicks to the virus.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 11th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Strong ass vibes that Katie is all better to be the flower girl.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 11th, 2010, 9:39 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Yeah she had the vax. I was surprised at how low the effectiveness is. They say that if they get infected after having the vaccine it should reduce the severity of the symptoms. I sure hope so. Katie has been talking about being a flower girl for the last two weeks.
Ah, I hope so too. Vibes still coming. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 11th, 2010, 9:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just got back from Wicked. It was amazing! Loved the random shout-outs to The Wizard of Oz. Plot is much deeper than I thought it would be. It was thought-provoking as well as entertaining, as all good shows should be. I give it a hearty thumbs up. :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
Glad you enjoyed. I hope to see it one day.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 11th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Another great lake day. Taco's for dinner, which I especially love when the tomatoes are in. After dinner, we went for a leisurely boat ride. Tomorrow, home for a day or 2. I must get my passport renewed. :)
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 11th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I must get my passport renewed. :)
Passport? Heck, I thought NC and VA shared respect toward one another on Kerr Lake. :-?

You know (expect) sumpin' we don't know about, I suppose. :?:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 11th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Just me and one guest online. The guest must think devild*** is still here.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 11th, 2010, 11:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just me and one guest online. The guest must think devild*** is still here.
He is, but only briefly.

(-| :asleep:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 12th, 2010, 7:40 am

Good morning. ~O)

I have another Duke friend who is getting his passport renewed. He posted the self-made photos he took on Facebook. They looked more like a mug shot than most mug shots. He said something about the cost of getting a passport going up soon. Maybe I should get one too - mine expired in 1989... I might want to go to the Bahamas some day. Before 9/11 you didn't need one to go there.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » July 12th, 2010, 7:44 am

I had planned to renew my passport before coming on this trip - it expires at the end of this month. Forgot to get it in with all the hubbub of packing. The app is sitting there ready to go, I just need to do the photos. Ah well. I guess it'll get done when I get back and i'll just be stuck paying the new fee.
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 12th, 2010, 7:46 am

captmojo wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I must get my passport renewed. :)
Passport? Heck, I thought NC and VA shared respect toward one another on Kerr Lake. :-?

You know (expect) sumpin' we don't know about, I suppose. :?:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Yes, NC and Va. do share. My passport expired. We are going on a cruise in Oct. with a lot of my high school classmates.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 12th, 2010, 7:51 am

DukeUsul wrote:I had planned to renew my passport before coming on this trip - it expires at the end of this month. Forgot to get it in with all the hubbub of packing. The app is sitting there ready to go, I just need to do the photos. Ah well. I guess it'll get done when I get back and i'll just be stuck paying the new fee.
My friend's renewal quest started with a question about where to get his passport photos, before he did it himself with his digital camera and printer. Walgreen's and other pharmacies with photo printing departments (I think they all have them) were suggested as alternatives. AAA takes them for free if you're a member. Even the post office may take them for you (careful there, they may post your photo on their wall while you fill out the forms... :ymdevil: )

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 12th, 2010, 8:12 am

I'm doing a lot of "catch up" of post from the last couple of weeks. With all I had going on, I read very little. I read a lot of Lavabe's post last night. Most interesting. I really have enjoyed his adventure. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 12th, 2010, 8:12 am

No guest here at this time. :D
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 12th, 2010, 8:25 am

Try expediting a passport and visa to China in less than thirty days notice. It costs a decent sum of money.
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 12th, 2010, 8:28 am

I think I read that the passport fee increases by $35 tomorrow.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 12th, 2010, 11:37 am

CathyCA wrote:I think I read that the passport fee increases by $35 tomorrow.
Oh well, another day, another 35 dollars shot. :(
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 12th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

:-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w

Alright, sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

As some of you will remember from my "Double Dose of Vibes" thread, I've basically decided to jack in the PhD and to go into academic administration instead of teaching. I also mentioned that I had recently applied for a part-time job at one of the local colleges and this opportunity, from everything I was told in the interview, is one of the main routes people use to gain full-time positions in the college (work part-time for a few months and move onwards and upwards from there). They were a bit concerned about me being overqualified for the position but I think I dealt with that issue well in the interview. The person who interviewed me was supposed to get back to the successful applicants by the end of last week at the latest and, since I hadn't heard from her, I had just assumed that I was out of the running. Well I received an email from my former MA supervisor (since I have been in academia and out of the 'real world' for so long I have no choice other than to use former professors as references and he is one of them) this afternoon to let me know that the person I interviewed with had called him for a reference. Lies, damned lies, and references as he likes to call them. I know this is a good sign that clearly indicates that I am not out of the running for this position and she is just, obviously, behind schedule in the hiring process but it is still frustrating as hell waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more.

One of my former universities has an employment referral service for alumni in which those who sign up are informed of employment opportunities that meet their criteria and that are submitted by the employer directly to the university (these positions tend not to be posted elsewhere and the service works something like an employment agency or headhunter would). I had planned to sign up for this but don't want to pay the fee only to find out the next day that I have been successful in getting the job at that college. Because I felt so good about the interview at the college I have been putting off signing up for that employment service and applying to other positions so I am kind of stuck in limbo right now and it is driving me freakin' crazy.

I wish I knew one way or the other about that position as the stress of this interminable waiting is starting to get to me.

Sorry for venting, I now return you to your regularly scheduled PWing.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 12th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Vent away, Colchar. That's why we're here! And good luck!