LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » July 9th, 2010, 2:03 am

I head out on the Youth Mission Trip on Saturday am. We are going to Nashville this year. Three years ago, we took 2 vans to Colorado. Last year we took 3 vans to Minnesota. This year, we have 5 vans heading to Tennessee. There are 18 first time participants - both youth an adults. If you are interested, we will be blogging again this year: http://youth-in-service.blogspot.com/

AD graciously put our youth director in touch with her youth director and we will be spending the night on our return trip at her church. I love my CTN family!
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 7:12 am

DukieInKansas wrote:I head out on the Youth Mission Trip on Saturday am. We are going to Nashville this year. Three years ago, we took 2 vans to Colorado. Last year we took 3 vans to Minnesota. This year, we have 5 vans heading to Tennessee. There are 18 first time participants - both youth an adults. If you are interested, we will be blogging again this year: http://youth-in-service.blogspot.com/

AD graciously put our youth director in touch with her youth director and we will be spending the night on our return trip at her church. I love my CTN family!
Have a great time!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 9th, 2010, 7:35 am

Good morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 9th, 2010, 7:39 am

Good morning. Bud is off on the boat to check the catfish trap. Would be nice if there are a few in there. I love catfish. :)
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 9th, 2010, 8:38 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Good morning. Bud is off on the boat to check the catfish trap. Would be nice if there are a few in there. I love catfish. :)
Mmmmm catfish. I'll take it fried up cajun style. Lemme grab my skillet and I'm on the way. :D
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 9:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:I head out on the Youth Mission Trip on Saturday am. We are going to Nashville this year. Three years ago, we took 2 vans to Colorado. Last year we took 3 vans to Minnesota. This year, we have 5 vans heading to Tennessee. There are 18 first time participants - both youth an adults. If you are interested, we will be blogging again this year: http://youth-in-service.blogspot.com/

Hope it goes well, DinK!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 9th, 2010, 12:23 pm

WTH? No posts here in 5 hours? What are you folks, doing, working? :ymblushing: :-*
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 9th, 2010, 1:40 pm

I actually didn't go to work today. I'm feeling ick and blah with a scratchy throat and runny nose. I am most pathetic today :(
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 2:29 pm

It is so freakin' hot at the beach today. I had to come inside to get a glass of water. Also, my office called me and interrupted my beach time. I have to do a little work right now.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 7:17 pm

DukePA wrote:I actually didn't go to work today. I'm feeling ick and blah with a scratchy throat and runny nose. I am most pathetic today :(
Feel better soon. Chicken soup! :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 9th, 2010, 7:20 pm

HOT WATER!!! ALRIGHT!!!

Damn, it's good to be clean! #:-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 9th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Now, with the hot water issue resolved, it's time to dive into the delights of KFC chicken breastises. Mmmm. Seven herbs an' spiceses.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Yay! Hot water for the Capt! :)

Grilled salmon and some permutation of bay scallops tonight. Brown rice. Green beans. Salad. A Washington State Chardonnay. Raspberries and whipped cream for dessert.

I love Friday nights....
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm

DukePA wrote:I actually didn't go to work today. I'm feeling ick and blah with a scratchy throat and runny nose. I am most pathetic today :(
Bleah, being sick in the summer sucks. Get better soon! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 9th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Travel vibes! Hope you get to St. Louis in time to give me a holler.

If you arrive in time, there are a couple of great things for your peeps to do: first off, if you have not done so, you should stop by Cathedral Basilica (on Lindell, maybe 5 miles from where you will be staying). The most amazing mosaics I've ever seen. If you google Cathedral Basilica you'll see some pics. Trust me, they don't do the place justice. Secondly, and I'm sure Lavabe will back me here, a trip to Ted Drewe's is a moral imperative. It's a local frozen custard place that's been in business since before WWII, I believe. Great stuff.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 9th, 2010, 8:31 pm

I had a fun time at work today. We've been working on a big project for a pharmaceutical company in CA; they have a drug candidate (we didn't have the structure, only the formula) that was covalently attaching to their target protein. After a couple of months of work, I got the answer this week - nailed it down to the exact site where the molecule is attached. We got to spring it on them at our weekly 6:00 pm conference call. Stunned them into silence. It was great fun! I just love solving difficult problems. (I could tell you which drug company and other info, but then I'd have to kill you. ;) )

Funny but true: when I figured out the answer, I sent all the evidence to my boss in an e-mail message with the subject line, "Holy flashing neon signs, Batman!"
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Holy flashing neon signs, Batman!

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 9th, 2010, 8:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I had a fun time at work today. We've been working on a big project for a pharmaceutical company in CA; they have a drug candidate (we didn't have the structure, only the formula) that was covalently attaching to their target protein. After a couple of months of work, I got the answer this week - nailed it down to the exact site where the molecule is attached. We got to spring it on them at our weekly 6:00 pm conference call. Stunned them into silence. It was great fun! I just love solving difficult problems. (I could tell you which drug company and other info, but then I'd have to kill you. ;) )

Funny but true: when I figured out the answer, I sent all the evidence to my boss in an e-mail message with the subject line, "Holy flashing neon signs, Batman!"
Very cool indeed, AD! B-) B-) B-) Way to go! :ymparty:

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 9th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Just posted
on the LTE 1.0 B-)

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 9:39 pm

DukePA, I hope you're feeling better this evening.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2010, 9:40 pm

captmojo wrote:HOT WATER!!! ALRIGHT!!!

Damn, it's good to be clean! #:-s
\:d/ YAY! \:d/

~ James Naismith