LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » July 3rd, 2010, 11:38 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I've been having work done in my kitchen, powder room, and fireplace. Pictures are on facebook. Still a few things to finish - then to pick out a floor. I actually went into the store to look at floors and found a slab of granite instead. That is just being true to form for me - I was going to do the kitchen 10 years ago and did the bathroom instead.

I really like how the fireplace (not in the kitchen) turned out. And I like the dual fuel range - gas cook top and electric oven with a warming drawer.
I saw your pics, too! I love your new kitchen!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 4th, 2010, 9:30 am

Dog-sitting for a friend that took care of our dogs while we were away. Last night, one of the dogs attacked the other dog. It was horrible. Sophie grabbed Ava by the head and just started thrashing around. We got them separated and while we were ushering Sophie outdoors she lunged at Ava and grabbed her by the hind leg. Three puncture wounds, trip to vet, late night, horrible just horrible night. We brought Ava home with us and she'll be staying here until my friend returns home on Tuesday.

What an Independence Day.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 4th, 2010, 9:37 am

Good Happy Birthday America morning! ~O) :flags-usa:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2010, 9:54 am

Miles wrote:Dog-sitting for a friend that took care of our dogs while we were away. Last night, one of the dogs attacked the other dog. It was horrible. Sophie grabbed Ava by the head and just started thrashing around. We got them separated and while we were ushering Sophie outdoors she lunged at Ava and grabbed her by the hind leg. Three puncture wounds, trip to vet, late night, horrible just horrible night. We brought Ava home with us and she'll be staying here until my friend returns home on Tuesday.

Awwww. I hate dog fights, especially between two dogs that know each other, it's hard to figure out what triggers them, my two have fought like that twice. Every other day of their lives they have gotten along great, they would be miserable if they were separated. Vibes to Ava. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 4th, 2010, 1:29 pm

We have 4 guests with us now. Must be friends of yours. :)) =))

In total there are 6 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: CameronBornAndBred, devildeac
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 4th, 2010, 2:57 pm

7/03/10 mojo fishing report
Got to lake in time to see clock strike 11:00AM. Damn! BIL shows up at our house to fill in as substitute for First Mate with her dad so she can get out of the house for a while and spend time on the water, sooo...she sleeps it up until 6:00. By the time we get on the water, nearly all piscatorial delights have subsided.

However there was this one time...(insert dream sequence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMP3ylLUxkw

It felt like Heaven.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 4th, 2010, 5:39 pm

My son called me this afternoon while I was on the beach. He was at Venice Beach. I told him that our phone conversation stretched from sea to shining sea. **==
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 4th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Miles wrote:Dog-sitting for a friend that took care of our dogs while we were away. Last night, one of the dogs attacked the other dog. It was horrible. Sophie grabbed Ava by the head and just started thrashing around. We got them separated and while we were ushering Sophie outdoors she lunged at Ava and grabbed her by the hind leg. Three puncture wounds, trip to vet, late night, horrible just horrible night. We brought Ava home with us and she'll be staying here until my friend returns home on Tuesday.

That's awful. I hope that Ava recovers quickly.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2010, 8:47 pm

My cleaning continues. Today I moved to the shed that everyone (including myself) has piled their crap in. And there, in the shed, I found what I've been looking for. I have a shoebox full of photos, from high school, college, and beyond. I found them none too soon, either..some were damp and stuck together, but none were ruined. I've been having a blast on my scanner, saving all of these old printed memories. It's been a great way to spend a great holiday. The coolest part is that I uploaded some of them to Facebook, and now some of those people have reconnected with me, one of them within literally 30 seconds of me posting his photo. I love the internet.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 4th, 2010, 9:29 pm

emo...
eno...
entooo...
entyp...
entomo...
entomoligus...
entomyogi...
entomology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The study of the hatchings of bugs is good fer fisher peoples to know.

Last week I went up on the mountain to see if fishies would be willing to have their lips pierced for my sadistic pleasures. Brown Trout, an educated average of 24inches long, were busting the Hell out of some bugs near the surface of the water. This activity lasted up until noon, last Saturday, 6/26. I found this extremely odd because it's been my experience that the big Brownies feed primarily at night. I never could see what it was they were rising for. I lifted a few rocks along the shoreline and saw nothing. Father-in-law claims the prey to be nymphs, possibly Wooly Worms. Try for them with these flies he personally tied. We were prepared this time...they were a no-show...nothing...nada...non-existent. They left me still licking my chops for a taste of fresh trout.

OK. He ain't all that brown but here's a Trout with some crazy licks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEnrLQo ... =1&index=8

Walter the Trout.
That's a long way to go for a music link, but the fish story...it's true. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 4th, 2010, 10:06 pm

I haven't posted in this thread for ages so I just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 4th, 2010, 10:09 pm

colchar wrote:I haven't posted in this thread for ages so I just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
Hi, Colchar! :text-welcomewave:

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2010, 11:44 pm

colchar wrote:I haven't posted in this thread for ages so I just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
'Bout damn time. :-w

I love that smiley.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 5th, 2010, 8:46 am

I'm watching a foster cat for awhile, he's closed in another room. Tensions are running high though particularly for my male cat, Grant. They've seen each other, but haven't gotten close to each other. Rugrat is just a kitten though, so hopefully not many issues. He get along great with my new cat, Audrey.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 5th, 2010, 9:12 am

Good "fake holiday" morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 5th, 2010, 9:17 am

How are the puppies? :O3 Vibes and prayers all around.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 5th, 2010, 9:31 am

Home with Katie this morning while Lisa is working. Think I'll watch the national championship, it's been a few weeks....
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 5th, 2010, 9:50 am

I hope Ava is OK. What a horrible thing to happen. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 5th, 2010, 9:59 am

We have had a great lake time. The weather has been beautiful. Yesterday, friends come up for the day and joined us for dinner. We had grilled chicken, silver queen corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, tomatoes out of our garden and garlic bread. We're going home today, take care of the garden and coming back tomorrow. This year, I am determined not to let the garden control our summer. :)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 5th, 2010, 10:57 am

DukeUsul wrote:Home with Katie this morning while Lisa is working. Think I'll watch the national championship, it's been a few weeks....
Lisa is working?
I worship the Blue Devil!