Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
devildeac wrote:15 pounds! You are a madman...
Well, it's just as I feared... after trimming the beast and rubbing her down with my spice rub, she's down to about 14lbs.

It's resting comfortably as it prepares for its roll as guest-of-smoker at Saturday's tailgate. :D
Drool...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

knights68 wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:
devildeac wrote:15 pounds! You are a madman...
Well, it's just as I feared... after trimming the beast and rubbing her down with my spice rub, she's down to about 14lbs.

It's resting comfortably as it prepares for its roll as guest-of-smoker at Saturday's tailgate. :D
It's official now...

I'm gonna bring BBQ ribs (pork mainly, but also a little beef ribs)
A li'l hot sauce on the side for those who care to partake.

Now I missed something..... TNT... 14 lbs???? What exactly are you bringing that'll be 14 pounds?
Sorry for being slow on the uptake
More drool...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 1:24 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
knights68 wrote:Now I missed something..... TNT... 14 lbs???? What exactly are you bringing that'll be 14 pounds?
Sorry for being slow on the uptake
K68's confusion, along with Jarhead's earlier comments, actually raises what I consider to be a valid/important point: posters either need to be a bit more judicious in their posting(s) in this thread (more restricted to the actual tailgate party) or, the Mods need to be a bit more "activist" in culling/moving posts that aren't directly related to the thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to silence and/or suppress any of you PW's but we're on the eleventh page of posts (218 posts!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?) regarding this festivity. That's a lot of reading for someone who just wants to attend and find out what to bring...

I'm just sayin... (let the flaming begin). :roll:
I thought the same thing just before you posted (11 pages-WTH!) I have reminded 1 poster already about staying on topic but I'll be more aware over the next day or so.

thanks.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 3rd, 2009, 2:55 pm

devildeac wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to silence and/or suppress any of you PW's but we're on the eleventh page of posts (218 posts!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?) regarding this festivity. That's a lot of reading for someone who just wants to attend and find out what to bring...

I thought the same thing just before you posted (11 pages-WTH!) I have reminded 1 poster already about staying on topic but I'll be more aware over the next day or so.

thanks.
Says the king of PWing with his third post in a row, two of which consisted in nothing more than drooling. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 5:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:

thanks.
Says the king of PWing with his third post in a row, two of which consisted in nothing more than drooling. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I admitted as much to Coach K in private and realized what I had done but not until after I had read Tim's complaint. :oops: :oops:

So, back to the thread: any other additions to Tim's summary from several pages ago? Any other attendees? I think budwom will visit and I'll PM him on DBR. He'll probably bring his own sammiches and beer unless we can come up with a suggestion for him. He's coming from Ver-mont.
Jarhead
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Jarhead » September 3rd, 2009, 5:30 pm

devildeac wrote: I admitted as much to Coach K in private and realized what I had done but not until after I had read Tim's complaint. :oops: :oops:

So, back to the thread: any other additions to Tim's summary from several pages ago? Any other attendees? I think budwom will visit and I'll PM him on DBR. He'll probably bring his own sammiches and beer unless we can come up with a suggestion for him. He's coming from Ver-mont.
Just a suggestion. Can someone who knows exactly what the current list of attendees and what food they are contributing please post it here, and in the Very short DBR OT thread started by Ozzie? :-s
What does PWing mean? :-\
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 3rd, 2009, 5:32 pm

TNTDevil wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:
Latest update 2-Sept.

Confirmed: 28 and counting...
(? by your name begs- you plus...)
TNT (+13)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies, other items...
CB&B (+?)- shrimp, flounder on a magic wand :lol:
DD (+1)- Fruit tray
Knights68 & Tilly- Potato casserole, ribs and/or wings ?
Ozzie (+?)- 1/4lb Hot dogs, buns?
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake
Jarhead (+1)- Veggie tray
CathyCA (+4)- Corn, chips, guacamole, sodas
VeryDukeBlue (+1)- Baked beans

AWL:
DukePA- BFF wedding and new job celebration (don't envy that hangover!)
DPSLaw- family matters. Let's all, send some vibes and raise a toast to his Dad.

AWOL:
EarlJam, (a.k.a. BACON)- ? WTF? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE WORKING OR SOMETHING :D!!! Free food...we can probably scare you up a ticket...here kittykittykitty... come on out, hang with your friends. The fresh air will do you good.

I've got plenty of cups, plates, napkins, ketchup, mustard(s) etc. so you you don't need to bring these items.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » September 3rd, 2009, 7:29 pm

shereec +2 (sister and nephew) we'll bring fruit to go with the pound cake and I guess snacks of the pre-packaged sort (bags of chips or something). perhaps sandwich fixings that we know the 16 year old will like.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 3rd, 2009, 7:30 pm

shereec wrote:shereec +2 (sister and nephew) we'll bring fruit to go with the pound cake and I guess snacks of the pre-packaged sort (bags of chips or something). perhaps sandwich fixings that we know the 16 year old will like.
I guarantee you he will enjoy the other food we have. Looking forward to the pound cake.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 3rd, 2009, 9:25 pm

Jarhead wrote: What does PWing mean? :-\
PWing = Post Whoring. That's how Devildeac leads both the DBR and CT in number of posts.

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 3rd, 2009, 10:06 pm

I will be swinging by for a bit, hopefully with BabyUsul in tow. Don't worry about counting me in for food.
-- DukeUsul
Jarhead

Post by Jarhead » September 3rd, 2009, 10:28 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Jarhead wrote: What does PWing mean? :-\
PWing = Post Whoring. That's how Devildeac leads both the DBR and CT in number of posts.
:ymapplause: Thanks, Oz. Devildeac should be ashamed of himself, unless, of course, he brings plenty of karma to the game. We can't go undefeated unless we win the first game. Now, where do I put my avatar?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2009, 10:46 pm

Jarhead wrote:
devildeac wrote: I admitted as much to Coach K in private and realized what I had done but not until after I had read Tim's complaint. :oops: :oops:

Just a suggestion. Can someone who knows exactly what the current list of attendees and what food they are contributing please post it here, and in the Very short DBR OT thread started by Ozzie? :-s
What does PWing mean? :-\
1. DukePA posted the attendees and contributions on the DBRRRRRRRRRRRR
2. If I answered that, I'd be hijacking the thread again... :)) :)) =)) =))

TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » September 4th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Are we gonna' live blog this bee-ahtch? If so, do we do it in a new thread? Or this one?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 2:28 pm

TNTDevil wrote:Are we gonna' live blog this bee-ahtch? If so, do we do it in a new thread? Or this one?
I'm gonna do a little tweaking to the website tonight, and if we are lucky we will be able to pick up the wi-fi from Cameron, with video feed. If not, then we'll be restricted to whatever y'all can do with your phones.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 4th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Is anyone bringing any Zocor?
14 lbs?
=p~
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Picked up 5 lbs of shrimp on the way home, probably 4 pounds after I get the heads off. 3 will be for brunchgate, 2 different marinades, and one pound to go to my dad and stepmom. Fresh seafood is always a good gift!
Lotsa peeling to do tonight, bleah. :ymtongue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 4th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Here's the latest game day note from the Iron Dukes office:
Richmond vs. Duke - Important Gameday Reminders
Blue Devils Kickoff 2009 Football Season Saturday vs. Richmond

Here are a few important reminders for this Saturday's football home opener versus Richmond at 7:00 pm.

We are expecting a capacity crowd. We encourage all fans to arrive at the stadium early to avoid traffic and long lines. All Iron Dukes members with parking passes are encouraged to come from the south (Highway 751 and Duke University Road) to avoid the public parking areas that are all located north of the stadium. Anyone without an Iron Dukes parking pass should take a northern route using Erwin Road. Click here to view a 2009 Duke Football Parking Map.

All Iron Dukes parking lots will be open by 8:00 am, all public parking lots will be open by 3:00 pm. In order to be admitted into your designated parking lot, you must have your official 2009 Duke football parking pass, no exceptions will be made. As always, we ask that you are courteous to fellow Iron Dukes members by not taking up additional spots for tailgating. Each pass is good for only one parking space. Please make sure that your pass is visibly displayed from your rearview mirror.

The ticket office in Cameron Indoor Stadium will open at 3:00 pm. The gates and ticket booths around the stadium will open at 5:30 pm (90 minutes prior to kickoff).

Come out early to Blue Devil Alley where there will be plenty of activities for the entire family. Cheer on the Duke Football team during the Blue Devil Walk as they make their ceremonial walk from the Duke Chapel to Wallace Wade Stadium at 4:45 pm.

As always, fans are encouraged to wear BLUE to Saturday’s game. Also, if you are interested in purchasing an official Duke seatback, click here for more information.

We hope to see you all at Wallace Wade on Saturday as we cheer on the Blue Devils to victory and kickoff another exciting football season.

GO DUKE!

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 4th, 2009, 6:49 pm

I'm not sure which I'm more excited about, seeing all (or at least the majority) of the brunchgaters or seeing Duke football. I've been missing both. (and in true CTN fashion I will be a good PW and post this in two threads)
GO DUKE!!!!!
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 4th, 2009, 8:05 pm

:-!
Well, it's GAME ON!

Generator- CHECK!
Satellite- CHECK!
TV- CHECK!
Remote- CHECK!

All systems tested and ready...

LET'S LIGHT THIS CANDLE! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain