Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » October 20th, 2010, 10:30 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Did about 45 min of Cardio Dance this evening. I'm actually up to the advanced level for both latin dance and cardio boxing routines in the Gold's Gym Cardio Dance game. Pretty amazing, considering that I'm very uncoordinated. The trainer does a great job of generating routines that combine various levels of dance and boxing routines. Doesn't seem like I ever get the same combination of routines twice.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Way to go! That Cardio Dance sounds like a lot of fun. It may arrive here before Christmas!

I was a slug again today, though I did do quite a bit of walking. I'm going to do some kind of fitness something when I get home from work tomorrow. Hoping it won't be too long til I can do upper body stuff, too.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 21st, 2010, 6:37 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Doctor said my wrist issue was more likely tendinitis than a ganglion cyst because the swelling wasn't discrete enough. So he shot my hand full of cortisone and something popped, which he said was likely an adhesion breaking up. The cortisone shot hurt a little; the popping really hurt.

Now my thumb is numb, as is the back of my hand. Hopefully this will help. At least for a while I have an excuse not to carry stuff.

He liked my Duke Law shirt (I researched him online and saw he had 2 Duke degrees and had done his orthopedic residency at Duke as well.)
Really? Who is he?
Charles Taft.
I don't know him. He was 20 years ahead of me at Duke.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 24th, 2010, 10:27 pm

My exercise today consisted of walking and Wii Fit Plus activities. I'm getting hooked on Wii Fit Plus again - several cool games that are basically the equivalent of running in place.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 24th, 2010, 10:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My exercise today consisted of walking and Wii Fit Plus activities. I'm getting hooked on Wii Fit Plus again - several cool games that are basically the equivalent of running in place.
Good job! :happy-bouncyblue:

I exercised an hour on Friday on Cardio Workout and My Fitness Coach (which I've gotten back into) and mowed the front yard yesterday for an hour of exercise, and did Cardio Workout as well. Today I walked quite a bit.

I talked to a lady at church who race-walked the NYC Marathon at 65 (SIXTY-FIVE!) so there's hope for me yet, though I don't think I'm in line for the NYC Marathon.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 24th, 2010, 11:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My exercise today consisted of walking and Wii Fit Plus activities. I'm getting hooked on Wii Fit Plus again - several cool games that are basically the equivalent of running in place.
Good job! :happy-bouncyblue:

I exercised an hour on Friday on Cardio Workout and My Fitness Coach (which I've gotten back into) and mowed the front yard yesterday for an hour of exercise, and did Cardio Workout as well. Today I walked quite a bit.

I talked to a lady at church who race-walked the NYC Marathon at 65 (SIXTY-FIVE!) so there's hope for me yet, though I don't think I'm in line for the NYC Marathon.
Good for you! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Almost forgot: I also played a game of Wii tennis. I'm up to level 1710 now. :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 25th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Well I'm inspired by all you people who are exercising, so I'm getting into it. Mrs. DU have bought P90X and are going to do it. It's supposed to be ridiculously hard and will surely kick my butt. But I need to do something to get into shape.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 1:49 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Well I'm inspired by all you people who are exercising, so I'm getting into it. Mrs. DU have bought P90X and are going to do it. It's supposed to be ridiculously hard and will surely kick my butt. But I need to do something to get into shape.
Note to DU: see deep-fried pecan pie pix ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 1:49 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Well I'm inspired by all you people who are exercising, so I'm getting into it. Mrs. DU have bought P90X and are going to do it. It's supposed to be ridiculously hard and will surely kick my butt. But I need to do something to get into shape.
2nd note to DU: see candy list :)) =))
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 25th, 2010, 1:51 pm

devildeac wrote:
See I'm trying to get my weight up before I start next Monday (the DVDs will arrive late this week) so that I can have a better starting point. This way I can lose MORE weight to get down to where I want to be and by losing MORE weight I'll feel better about myself.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 1:53 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
devildeac wrote:
See I'm trying to get my weight up before I start next Monday (the DVDs will arrive late this week) so that I can have a better starting point. This way I can lose MORE weight to get down to where I want to be and by losing MORE weight I'll feel better about myself.
WTH?

:-o :think: :)) =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Let me know what you and Mrs. DU think of it. I only know one other female who tried it, and she said she couldn't sit down for days, but I'd be willing to give it a shot if it won't incapacitate me.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 8:42 pm

My sorry butt made it to the gym! :happy-bouncyblue: The treadmills were all taken when I got there, but I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes (5 running, 5 walking) when I did get a treadmill, plus 10 minutes on the stationary bike. I thought I was under time pressure so I quit early to make a stop at CVS. If I'd known it was a night to sell Infiniti's, I'd have stayed at the gym longer.

I was happy with my progress on the elliptical. The last time I was on one at the gym here, I struggled to make a 15 minute mile. Today, I made a 13 minute mile. Must've been the Duke shorts. :duke: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 25th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Goooooooo CTN workout fiends!!!! I made it Curves all three times last week and am off to a good start this week, but will not be able make it Wednesday since I'm working in Hertford which is practically in Virginia and three hours each way :( Oh well. I do what I can, when I can!! As I said on Facebook, Go to Hell fat!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 25th, 2010, 9:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My sorry butt made it to the gym! :happy-bouncyblue: The treadmills were all taken when I got there, but I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes (5 running, 5 walking) when I did get a treadmill, plus 10 minutes on the stationary bike. I thought I was under time pressure so I quit early to make a stop at CVS. If I'd known it was a night to sell Infiniti's, I'd have stayed at the gym longer.

I was happy with my progress on the elliptical. The last time I was on one at the gym here, I struggled to make a 15 minute mile. Today, I made a 13 minute mile. Must've been the Duke shorts. :duke: :duke:
Congrats on the progress! All your hard work is starting to pay. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 25th, 2010, 9:54 pm

DukePA wrote:Goooooooo CTN workout fiends!!!! I made it Curves all three times last week and am off to a good start this week, but will not be able make it Wednesday since I'm working in Hertford which is practically in Virginia and three hours each way :( Oh well. I do what I can, when I can!! As I said on Facebook, Go to Hell fat!!!
Good job DukePA! :happy-bouncyblue: Go to hell fat! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Since you can't make it to Curves on Wednesday, can you go another day? When I was a Curves member, I had to keep my workout days pretty flexible in order to get in 3 days/week. I know they recommend a recovery day between workouts, but sometimes that's just not possible.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 25th, 2010, 10:00 pm

It was a gorgeous day today, so I did lots of walking outside. On 2 occasions I took a break from my computer screen and walked around the block. By the time I got home, I was already at 4 dots (over 2/3 of my exercise target of 954 calories). I reached the goal through a combo of Wii tennis, Wii Fit Plus, and jogging in place. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 10:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:It was a gorgeous day today, so I did lots of walking outside. On 2 occasions I took a break from my computer screen and walked around the block. By the time I got home, I was already at 4 dots (over 2/3 of my exercise target of 954 calories). I reached the goal through a combo of Wii tennis, Wii Fit Plus, and jogging in place. :happy-bouncyblue:
Way to go, AD! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 26th, 2010, 8:42 pm

I missed out on the morning trek with the :O3 :O3 due to the monsoon that blew through, but maybe I can make it up to them with a mile before bedtime.

I did about 20 minutes of Cardio Workout (the workout it set up for me today, which was shorter than normal), and followed it up with 30 minutes of My Fitness Coach upper body. I used the hand weights for all the upper body stuff. Merlin kept licking my nose when I tried to do crunches, but other than that the exercise went well.

Thanks, yall, for giving me motivation. I've had a tough day (it would've been my Dad's birthday and I miss him dreadfully) and really just wanted to come home and sleep til tomorrow, but I told myself I would feel better if I could tell my buds on CTN that I'd exercised, and they would cheer me up (which has already happened). :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2010, 9:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I missed out on the morning trek with the :O3 :O3 due to the monsoon that blew through, but maybe I can make it up to them with a mile before bedtime.

I did about 20 minutes of Cardio Workout (the workout it set up for me today, which was shorter than normal), and followed it up with 30 minutes of My Fitness Coach upper body. I used the hand weights for all the upper body stuff. Merlin kept licking my nose when I tried to do crunches, but other than that the exercise went well.

Thanks, yall, for giving me motivation. I've had a tough day (it would've been my Dad's birthday and I miss him dreadfully) and really just wanted to come home and sleep til tomorrow, but I told myself I would feel better if I could tell my buds on CTN that I'd exercised, and they would cheer me up (which has already happened). :ymhug: :ymhug:
Sorry you had a tough day. Sending vibes.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 26th, 2010, 9:20 pm

A storm blew through early this morning, and the temperature dropped throughout the day. It was warmer when I left for work than it was at noon. With that being said, I still walked a couple of laps outside today.

My exercise today consisted of lots of walking, about 20 min of jogging in place (Wii Fit Plus), a game of Wii tennis (beat the level 2000 players in straight sets!), and a brief bit of cardio workout.
-- Albert Einstein