LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 8:58 pm

captmojo wrote:NURSING HOME BITCH UPDATE

Haloed sister has been moved out to local hospital facility. She didn't fool ALL the people.

Plus, the report filed by the First Mate to the management staff didn't hurt.

Thanks to the advisement from the legal types of CTN, justice has been served.
This is the best news. I hope Harold's sister is now peaceful. :ymhug:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 28th, 2010, 9:01 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Lost my Kindle in the airport yesterday (accidentally forgot it in the restroom; someone took it) and am thinking about replacing it with an iPad. Anyone have any experience with them?
Arkie,

Have you considered The Nook from Barnes and Noble? Much like the Kindle but with extra benefits, more memory and more selections. Also, when you visit B&N with your Nook, you get coupons and other special offers automatically downloaded to your Nook when in the store. The price is about the same.

-EarlJam
Yes, briefly. The big deciding factor is the fact that I would be able to read my current Kindle library on either a Kindle or an iPad but not on a Nook.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 28th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Haloed sister has been moved out to local hospital facility. She didn't fool ALL the people.

Happy to hear. I hate stories of mistreatment to anyone by anyone, especially those that can't defend themselves during or after the fact.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 28th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Great news indeed! Glad to hear that the situation has been resolved favorably.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Happy to help.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 9:33 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Happy to help.
Life without our CTN friends would not be as enriched as it is now.I love all of you. :ymhug:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 28th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Group hug! :ymhug:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Vibes request

Post by ArkieDukie » May 28th, 2010, 9:40 pm

My uncle has been recently diagnosed with stage 2 olfactory neuroblastoma. It's a pretty rare condition; only a few hundred cases per year in the US. He's scheduled for surgery at Mayo on June 16. Please send vibes for successful surgery and treatment.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes request

Post by lawgrad91 » May 28th, 2010, 9:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My uncle has been recently diagnosed with stage 2 olfactory neuroblastoma. It's a pretty rare condition; only a few hundred cases per year in the US. He's scheduled for surgery at Mayo on June 16. Please send vibes for successful surgery and treatment.
Vibes and prayers for your uncle, ArkieDuke. He'll be in good hands at Mayo, certainly.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 28th, 2010, 9:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My uncle has been recently diagnosed with stage 2 olfactory neuroblastoma. It's a pretty rare condition; only a few hundred cases per year in the US. He's scheduled for surgery at Mayo on June 16. Please send vibes for successful surgery and treatment.
Vibes and prayers for your uncle and for you, too, Cheryl!

(((HUGS)))
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Many vibes and prayers coming his way. I pray his surgery goes well and they get it all. :ymhug: :wizard: :pray:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 28th, 2010, 9:53 pm

AD, major ass vibes and prayers that surgery goes well for your uncle, and a successful treat of his cancer.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 10:05 pm

This thread numbers have taken a beating from the "Official Morning Thread". Kind of sad. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 28th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:This thread numbers have taken a beating from the "Official Morning Thread". Kind of sad. :(
I dunno..I think they've stepped up a lot. Miles will do the math, I'm sure. He better...it's his fault. :|
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 10:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:This thread numbers have taken a beating from the "Official Morning Thread". Kind of sad. :(
I dunno..I think they've stepped up a lot. Miles will do the math, I'm sure. He better...it's his fault. :|
May be, it just seems at times, it's not much going on. I would rather see the the post from GMT, go on this one.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Our granddaughter's husband, it's getting ready for a big art fest in a week or two. He's really a good artist. He has learned how to spray paint art. It's a big seller. So far, he has painted around 30 or so, paintings, to begin the show. He usually sells a lot at this event. It's a big help for our granddaughter's school tuition (she finishes in Dec.) and their living expenses. She is going to reach high school art. We are so proud of them. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 28th, 2010, 10:30 pm

I sent submission in for next juried art show today..it's in June..in Southport, NC. I've never been to Southport, I just know it's near Wilmington. Here is the gallery info..
http://www.franklinsquaregallery.com/
Show runs from June 21 to July 17, reception is on the 22cnd. (A Tuesday :ymtongue: )
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 28th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Our granddaughter's husband, it's getting ready for a big art fest in a week or two. He's really a good artist. He has learned how to spray paint art. It's a big seller. So far, he has painted around 30 or so, paintings, to begin the show. He usually sells a lot at this event. It's a big help for our granddaughter's school tuition (she finishes in Dec.) and their living expenses. She is going to reach high school art. We are so proud of them. :)
I'm thinking that is supposed to say "Teach high scool art". Very cool!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 10:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Our granddaughter's husband, it's getting ready for a big art fest in a week or two. He's really a good artist. He has learned how to spray paint art. It's a big seller. So far, he has painted around 30 or so, paintings, to begin the show. He usually sells a lot at this event. It's a big help for our granddaughter's school tuition (she finishes in Dec.) and their living expenses. She is going to reach high school art. We are so proud of them. :)
I'm thinking that is supposed to say "Teach high scool art". Very cool!
You've got that right. :ymblushing:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 28th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Again, Orlando is getting the crap beat of them. Wish it weren't so.