Lavabe wrote:Good morning, I guess. :-ss
Lavabe, how's the packing coming?
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Miles » May 24th, 2010, 12:29 pm

bjornolf wrote:Man, now that I've been chastised and stopped posting "good morning", everyone else is doing it! WTF?

@};-
As stated previously, I did not single you out and certainly did not mean to chastise you. My apologies if any of the topics or posts offend. Just trying to have a little fun and perhaps that is easily misconstrued.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Man, now that I've been chastised and stopped posting "good morning", everyone else is doing it! WTF?

@};-
As stated previously, I did not single you out and certainly did not mean to chastise you. My apologies if any of the topics or posts offend. Just trying to have a little fun and perhaps that is easily misconstrued.
Man you're the second person to write that. I think Tilly was the first. I totally should have stuck a ;) or other emoticon or maybe a [tongue-in-cheek] on that one. I was COMPLETELY joking. Sorry that everybody thought I was being serious. I actually thought it was hysterical that you put out that post about the experiment of not doing it with all this great reasoning, and now that I've STOPPED posting it, it seems that everyone and their sister is doing it now, even in other threads (DD I'm looking at you ;) ). Seriously, I was TOTALLY joking. I figured you guys would get that from the WTF at the end, but I should have been clearer. No offense at all taken. No apologies necessary. I was actually =)) over it, that's all. Obviously, I suck at this sarcasm thing. ;)

By the way, just in case anybody was wondering, @};- has replaced %%- for the foreseeable future in honor of my mother, JFYI.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Holy :cow:, :batman:. They were just saying on the radio that Tiger has offered his wife a "severance package" worth a reported $750M to sign a non-disclosure agreement that she would never write a book or do a movie or anything else about this. I say sign it in a heartbeat!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles

Post by Miles » May 24th, 2010, 1:57 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote:

@};-
Man you're the second person to write that. I think Tilly was the first. I totally should have stuck a ;) or other emoticon or maybe a [tongue-in-cheek] on that one. I was COMPLETELY joking. Sorry that everybody thought I was being serious. I actually thought it was hysterical that you put out that post about the experiment of not doing it with all this great reasoning, and now that I've STOPPED posting it, it seems that everyone and their sister is doing it now, even in other threads (DD I'm looking at you ;) ). Seriously, I was TOTALLY joking. I figured you guys would get that from the WTF at the end, but I should have been clearer. No offense at all taken. No apologies necessary. I was actually =)) over it, that's all. Obviously, I suck at this sarcasm thing. ;)

By the way, just in case anybody was wondering, @};- has replaced %%- for the foreseeable future in honor of my mother, JFYI.

@};-
Good Morning. ;-)
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 24th, 2010, 1:59 pm

bjornolf wrote:Man you're the second person to write that. I think Tilly was the first. I totally should have stuck a ;) or other emoticon or maybe a [tongue-in-cheek] on that one. I was COMPLETELY joking. Sorry that everybody thought I was being serious. I actually thought it was hysterical that you put out that post about the experiment of not doing it with all this great reasoning, and now that I've STOPPED posting it, it seems that everyone and their sister is doing it now, even in other threads (DD I'm looking at you ;) ). Seriously, I was TOTALLY joking. I figured you guys would get that from the WTF at the end, but I should have been clearer. No offense at all taken. No apologies necessary. I was actually =)) over it, that's all. Obviously, I suck at this sarcasm thing. ;)

@};-
You definitely need to use ;) ;) ;) when your kidding around.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm

bjornolf wrote:Holy :cow:, :batman:. They were just saying on the radio that Tiger has offered his wife a "severance package" worth a reported $750M to sign a non-disclosure agreement that she would never write a book or do a movie or anything else about this. I say sign it in a heartbeat!

@};-
A "severance package"!!! Is that what a wife is to him, an employee?

I agree, sign for the $750M, we don't need no stinkin' movie.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 24th, 2010, 2:32 pm

bjornolf wrote:Holy :cow:, :batman:. They were just saying on the radio that Tiger has offered his wife a "severance package" worth a reported $750M to sign a non-disclosure agreement that she would never write a book or do a movie or anything else about this. I say sign it in a heartbeat!

@};-
She'll be having a good morning.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2010, 2:32 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

@};-

I was calling it a severance package. I guess they call it a divorce settlement?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2010, 2:35 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

@};-

I don't think I could sign that type of agreement.

I think I'd rather try the thing in court and see what type of award I could get from a judge.

Also, I'd like to be free to discuss, recount and publish my thoughts to anyone who would read, listen or watch.

Tiger's arrogance is astonishing. "Severance package?" I'd like to sever his package.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 24th, 2010, 2:40 pm

If she signs, the kids don't have to be involved in a messy divorce.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2010, 2:57 pm

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

@};-

I don't think I could sign that type of agreement.

I think I'd rather try the thing in court and see what type of award I could get from a judge.

Also, I'd like to be free to discuss, recount and publish my thoughts to anyone who would read, listen or watch.

Tiger's arrogance is astonishing. "Severance package?" I'd like to sever his package.
Like I said, badly worded on my part. Tiger didn't call it a severance package. I was trying to be funny. Man, my sarcasm gland is just broken I guess. :(

Great point by CB&B, though. I think it would be worth it to get this over as soon as possible for the kids' sake. I think I read that this is well over half Tiger's overall net worth, so I'd be surprised if a judge gave her more than that, especially since he was THE Tiger Woods well before he met her.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 24th, 2010, 6:12 pm

My annual expedition for the summit of the Schmatterhorn has, once again, ended in failure. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
I never make it past the driveway. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
This year didn't cost quite as many Kronkites as previous. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
I are sassified.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 24th, 2010, 6:39 pm

I am brain-dead.

A lovely afternoon spent with stupid legal technical motions and an obviously limited defendant who (according to his attorney) thought that if he took a brand-new $30 pair of shoes from Walmart into the Shoe Dept. and saw a brand-new $30 pair of shoes there, it would be all right for him to leave the Walmart shoes and take the Shoe Dept. shoes. Why he tried that argument to a judge is beyond me. If the guy doesn't know what stealing is or that it's wrong, then his attorney should have him evaluated for competency.

Add to that there are two dogs in this house fighting over four separate strips of rawhide instead of sharing like a happy family should, and I need a/several :beer: :beer: :beer:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2010, 6:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I am brain-dead.

A lovely afternoon spent with stupid legal technical motions and an obviously limited defendant who (according to his attorney) thought that if he took a brand-new $30 pair of shoes from Walmart into the Shoe Dept. and saw a brand-new $30 pair of shoes there, it would be all right for him to leave the Walmart shoes and take the Shoe Dept. shoes. Why he tried that argument to a judge is beyond me. If the guy doesn't know what stealing is or that it's wrong, then his attorney should have him evaluated for competency.

Add to that there are two dogs in this house fighting over four separate strips of rawhide instead of sharing like a happy family should, and I need a/several :beer: :beer: :beer:
Ooooh ooooh!

I had a client once who traded out her purse for the newer version on the rack at WalMart. She thought that it wasn't shoplifting if she left the same purse in the store. She was only trading.

I got her into a deferred prosecution program since it was a first offense.

A few weeks into the deferred prosecution program, the director called me and told me that they were terminating my client's deferred prosecution. It seems that they had placed her with the Republican Party of North Carolina. She was working with the phone bank, seeking donors, when she came across the phone number for the private line to Governor Jim Martin at the Governor's Mansion. She called him repeatedly, seeking donations, and asked him why he wouldn't give to his party, when he was, after all, the Governor. The Governor called my client's supervisor and asked that her deferred prosecution be terminated.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 24th, 2010, 6:50 pm

CathyCA wrote: She called him repeatedly, seeking donations, and asked him why he wouldn't give to his party, when he was, after all, the Governor.
She had a valid point!! =))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 24th, 2010, 7:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote: She called him repeatedly, seeking donations, and asked him why he wouldn't give to his party, when he was, after all, the Governor.
She had a valid point!! =))
In some industries, her behavior would be looked upon favorably.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 24th, 2010, 7:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:
She was working with the phone bank, seeking donors, when she came across the phone number for the private line to Governor Jim Martin at the Governor's Mansion. She called him repeatedly, seeking donations, and asked him why he wouldn't give to his party, when he was, after all, the Governor. The Governor called my client's supervisor and asked that her deferred prosecution be terminated.
She does have a point! In Henry County, that would pass for industriousness.

In Virginia, there is no provision for deferred dispositions in most cases; only drug cases, underage possession of alcohol, and domestic violence. I felt sorry for this guy. He has a job at the work shelter for the disabled, and it was pretty obvious to all in the courtroom that he was hopelessly slow. But if the defense attorney says he's competent to stand trial, I can't really question his assessment.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 24th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Someone got Big Papi mad a couple weeks ago.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 24th, 2010, 10:57 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote:

@};-

@};-
:-*
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.