LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 3rd, 2010, 5:52 am

Good morning. :coffee: Never got back to sleep between my last post and this one. :(
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 3rd, 2010, 6:41 am

And a good morning to you, sir. ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 3rd, 2010, 6:42 am

Good morning to you both. ~O)
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » May 3rd, 2010, 7:26 am

Is it morning already? Too dang early! It would nice if the morning could start around 10 am, especially Monday mornings!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 3rd, 2010, 9:27 am

The rain has started falling in Charlotte. I hope this storm doesn't cause too much damage, but I am looking forward to the rain. Hopefully, it'll help loosen the soil so I can continue the Great Poison Ivy Extraction of 2010. We have about 30 feet of our backyard fence that is covered in the stuff. It's about four feet deep and in some places six feet tall, not to mention that it's crept up a tree about 30 feet in the air.

I spent about three hours yesterday, decked out in blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and chemical gloves, cutting, pulling, and digging up roots. I got about 17 feet finished before a glove tore open. A couple of days of rain should make things a lot easier.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm

Miles wrote:The rain has started falling in Charlotte. I hope this storm doesn't cause too much damage, but I am looking forward to the rain. Hopefully, it'll help loosen the soil so I can continue the Great Poison Ivy Extraction of 2010. We have about 30 feet of our backyard fence that is covered in the stuff. It's about four feet deep and in some places six feet tall, not to mention that it's crept up a tree about 30 feet in the air.

I spent about three hours yesterday, decked out in blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and chemical gloves, cutting, pulling, and digging up roots. I got about 17 feet finished before a glove tore open. A couple of days of rain should make things a lot easier.
Wouldn't a chemical attack, perhaps napalm or agent orange, be the most effective way to get rid of Poison Ivy?

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 3rd, 2010, 12:58 pm

I would use napalm against poison ivy.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » May 3rd, 2010, 1:10 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Miles wrote:The rain has started falling in Charlotte. I hope this storm doesn't cause too much damage, but I am looking forward to the rain. Hopefully, it'll help loosen the soil so I can continue the Great Poison Ivy Extraction of 2010. We have about 30 feet of our backyard fence that is covered in the stuff. It's about four feet deep and in some places six feet tall, not to mention that it's crept up a tree about 30 feet in the air.

Wouldn't a chemical attack, perhaps napalm or agent orange, be the most effective way to get rid of Poison Ivy?
Napalm or Agent Orange, yes. Common weed killers or herbicides will only take away foliage, they will not get rid of roots. Not to mention they're pretty harmful for the environment and we're less 40 yards from the greenway/creek. Kelly had someone come out and spray the poison ivy last year and it's come back with a vengeance.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 3rd, 2010, 1:47 pm

Miles wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Napalm or Agent Orange, yes. Common weed killers or herbicides will only take away foliage, they will not get rid of roots. Not to mention they're pretty harmful for the environment and we're less 40 yards from the greenway/creek. Kelly had someone come out and spray the poison ivy last year and it's come back with a vengeance.
Does napalm burn hot enough to burn up the fumes? My in laws tried to burn poison ivy when my wife was a kid, and they all ended up with rashes in their nostrils and mouths and sinuses. Talk about miserable.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles

Post by Miles » May 3rd, 2010, 2:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Wouldn't a chemical attack, perhaps napalm or agent orange, be the most effective way to get rid of Poison Ivy?
Does napalm burn hot enough to burn up the fumes? My in laws tried to burn poison ivy when my wife was a kid, and they all ended up with rashes in their nostrils and mouths and sinuses. Talk about miserable.

%%-
I think napalm would cause me other issues that might diminish the severity of inhaling urushiol. Your in-laws are lucky that severe rashes were the limit of their problems, inhaling burning poison ivy/oak/sumac is extremely dangerous and could leave to death.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2010, 8:23 pm

Well this just sucks. We're looking at either $2500 or $1000 in damage due to the water incursion. Miles: hope you don't get what we got.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 3rd, 2010, 8:26 pm

Lavabe wrote:Well this just sucks. We're looking at either $2500 or $1000 in damage due to the water incursion. Miles: hope you don't get what we got.
Sorry to hear that. It really does suck. :(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 3rd, 2010, 8:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:Well this just sucks. We're looking at either $2500 or $1000 in damage due to the water incursion. Miles: hope you don't get what we got.
Sorry you have this to face. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Bud put the electric fence up around the garden today. It's the only way we can have a garden. The deer and rabbits would eat every thing if it wasn't for the fence.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 3rd, 2010, 8:44 pm

:Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo: :Boo:
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 3rd, 2010, 9:44 pm

You have a choice or is that a range? Whichever, it could have been much worse.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2010, 11:08 pm

For no good reason...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 3rd, 2010, 11:49 pm

devildeac wrote:For no good reason...

Has any post in this thread been made for a good reason?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 4th, 2010, 12:00 am

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:For no good reason...

Has any post in this thread been made for a good reason?
Yes. This post is being made to prove a point, and that's a good reason. And point proven. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Miles

Post by Miles » May 4th, 2010, 12:24 am

So far, so good. There's been a creepy air around town, but no real storm.

So sorry to hear about the damage. I hope there you can enjoy a speedy resolution and putt this behind you. Best wishes and all the vibes in the world.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
sMiles