Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » April 30th, 2010, 9:53 am

Whoop Whoop! Beach/Senior Skip Day!!!
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 30th, 2010, 10:18 am

Rolvix wrote:Whoop Whoop! Beach/Senior Skip Day!!!
I was wondering how you could be posting at this time of day. I was about to call your local truancy officer. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 30th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Enjoy, be safe. :)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 30th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Hmmm...I left work later than normal on a Friday. Sometimes growing up isn't so fun. (Sometimes it is.)
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 30th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Enjoy, be safe. :)
We were.
Class of 2014
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 30th, 2010, 8:51 pm

I left work early to attend the funeral service for an old childhood friend. He moved away, many moons ago, to take a job as a city planner in Austin TX. He had been having seizures related to his nervous system lately. I've still not learned the cause of death. He passed last Saturday.

The service was strange. The minister didn't know him, left the eulogy up to one of his cousins, and then asked for any in the crowd to step up and relate any story they wished to share.

I met his kids for the first time. One son looks as if he had been chopped from his dad's butt with a mattock.
I got to make his mother laugh again.

He was an only child. He was a good guy and good friend.
:(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 30th, 2010, 8:56 pm

captmojo wrote:I left work early to attend the funeral service for an old childhood friend. He moved away, many moons ago, to take a job as a city planner in Austin TX. He had been having seizures related to his nervous system lately. I've still not learned the cause of death. He passed last Saturday.

The service was strange. The minister didn't know him, left the eulogy up to one of his cousins, and then asked for any in the crowd to step up and relate any story they wished to share.

I met his kids for the first time. One son looks as if he had been chopped from his dad's butt with a mattock.

Vibes and prayers for you, captmojo, and for your friend's family members.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 30th, 2010, 9:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Vibes and prayers for you, captmojo, and for your friend's family members.
Thanks. I'm cool with it.
His parents need vibes and prayers. They have have a great faith, though.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 30th, 2010, 9:03 pm

captmojo wrote:I left work early to attend the funeral service for an old childhood friend. He moved away, many moons ago, to take a job as a city planner in Austin TX. He had been having seizures related to his nervous system lately. I've still not learned the cause of death. He passed last Saturday.

I'm so sorry for families and your loss. :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 30th, 2010, 9:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Captain Mojo.

The service sounds like a California funeral. They always open up the service for friends to relate stories. And often, the officiant barely knew the deceased, so the eulogies were canned and somewhat strained.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 30th, 2010, 10:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for you and his family.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 30th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Sorry to read this. Hope you and the family can find some comfort, even with this sad news.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » May 1st, 2010, 12:31 am

Very sorry to hear about this news. As others have expressed, prayers above and vibes to you and the family.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 1st, 2010, 7:06 am

Good Morning, all. ~O)

Feeling a little less :ymsick: today. All three boys in the house (including me) came down with a stomach bug night before last. My younger son started up around 2:00, my older son started around 3:30, and I started around 4:15. We all spent all day yesterday lying in my bed cuddled up together, watching TiVo between frantic runs to the bathroom. Hopefully, today will be better. :YMPRAY: I went through all three stages yesterday... Afraid I was gonna die, sure I was gonna die, and worried I WASN'T gonna die. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 1st, 2010, 8:39 am

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Capt. Prayers for you and his family.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 1st, 2010, 8:43 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

Feeling a little less :ymsick: today. All three boys in the house (including me) came down with a stomach bug night before last. My younger son started up around 2:00, my older son started around 3:30, and I started around 4:15. We all spent all day yesterday lying in my bed cuddled up together, watching TiVo between frantic runs to the bathroom. Hopefully, today will be better. :YMPRAY: I went through all three stages yesterday... Afraid I was gonna die, sure I was gonna die, and worried I WASN'T gonna die. ;)

%%-
Glad to hear you're feeling a lil better! Vibing and praying for you and your family bjornolf!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 1st, 2010, 9:07 am

cl15876 wrote:

%%-
Glad to hear you're feeling a lil better! Vibing and praying for you and your family bjornolf!

Looks like the wifey has come down with it now. :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 1st, 2010, 12:10 pm

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

%%-

Looks like the wifey has come down with it now. :((

%%-
Sorry to hear you and your family have been sick. I do hope wifey is well on the mend and you all have a good weekend. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 1st, 2010, 12:11 pm

The weather is so nice today. It's going to be hot but there is a breeze.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 1st, 2010, 12:12 pm

Our garden looks great. We have a little tomato already. :)