LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2010, 5:59 pm

I've heard rumblings of a huge brunchgate for the Alabama game. How do I get in on the fun? Is there any way to ensure that we all get seats together for the football game?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 25th, 2010, 6:01 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Hi y'all! I'm online briefly while waiting for drivers to download. Haven't posted much lately because I'm mostly reading from my iPhone (laptop still out of commission).
I read from my Droid, but have to get pretty desperate to want to post from it. I can't believe people like to text and send email from their phone. Sure, it's convenient from the road, but my fingertips just aren't that nimble.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2010, 6:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Hi y'all! I'm online briefly while waiting for drivers to download. Haven't posted much lately because I'm mostly reading from my iPhone (laptop still out of commission).
I read from my Droid, but have to get pretty desperate to want to post from it. I can't believe people like to text and send email from their phone. Sure, it's convenient from the road, but my fingertips just aren't that nimble.
Overall, how do you like your Droid, Ozzie? I've heard good things about them.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 25th, 2010, 6:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've heard rumblings of a huge brunchgate for the Alabama game. How do I get in on the fun? Is there any way to ensure that we all get seats together for the football game?
Check with Ozzie about getting a ticket. He's an Iron Duke and can buy single game tix before the rest of the world. Not sure we'll all get to sit together.

You can stay at Maiden's Manor, as long as you're not allergic to cats and dogs. Sue71 will be staying here, so we can have a pseudo girl's weekend. :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 6:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've heard rumblings of a huge brunchgate for the Alabama game. How do I get in on the fun? Is there any way to ensure that we all get seats together for the football game?
Most of us sit in general admission, so no worries.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 6:29 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Of course..that game is going to be packed...so even that may be harder than it sounds. :D
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 25th, 2010, 6:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Things may be different for the Alabama game. I suspect it's going to be pretty close to sold out, if not sold out.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 25th, 2010, 7:14 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Check with Ozzie about getting a ticket. He's an Iron Duke and can buy single game tix before the rest of the world. Not sure we'll all get to sit together.

You can stay at Maiden's Manor, as long as you're not allergic to cats and dogs. Sue71 will be staying here, so we can have a pseudo girl's weekend. :D :D
If I bring my sleeping bag, can you add one more?
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 25th, 2010, 8:15 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Yes! Prolly don't need your sleeping bag though.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 25th, 2010, 8:52 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: quote="ArkieDukie" I've heard rumblings of a huge brunchgate for the Alabama game. How do I get in on the fun? Is there any way to ensure that we all get seats together for the football game? /quote

Yes! Prolly don't need your sleeping bag though.
Yeah! A girl's weekend with a Brunchgate and the guys!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 25th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Is it time to start a new brunchgate thread? I am so ready for football and brunch gate. Wow, Sue and arkieduke coming. I do hope more of CTN folks will be able to made the game. What a great time we will have. :)
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 25th, 2010, 10:30 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

I volunteer to sleep at Daughter of DD's new house. :) Just let her know I'm coming. :D

(Her house is REALLY awesome.)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 26th, 2010, 12:35 am

I'm way tired, but I took 2 long naps today so I should't be. :asleep: The only reason I'm awake now is because I was shooting baddies in half-life. The family watched Avatar tonight. We've all seen it, but that was the first time we watched it together. Stepsons watched it themselves (twice) and Sweetie Pie and I went and saw it, just the two of us. It's fun not being in a theater, there was lots of shouting at the screen going on, from all four of us. :D It's still a great fun movie to watch, even though it's not in 3D.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2010, 5:42 am

No sun here yet...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 26th, 2010, 7:26 am

Good Morning. ~O) No sun here yet, either, but that could be because of all the huge rain clouds. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 26th, 2010, 9:03 am

Good morning. The sun is shinning here. :)
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 26th, 2010, 9:31 am

Well we had a fantastic weekend with family and friends visiting for Katie's birthday party. She had a blast. Unlike last year she wasn't afraid of her cake and actually blew the candles out. Now my two-year-old is disappointed that everyone is gone and she has to get back to normal life. I can't believe she's actually two.
-- DukeUsul
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 26th, 2010, 9:58 am

DukeUsul wrote:Well we had a fantastic weekend with family and friends visiting for Katie's birthday party. She had a blast. Unlike last year she wasn't afraid of her cake and actually blew the candles out. Now my two-year-old is disappointed that everyone is gone and she has to get back to normal life. I can't believe she's actually two.
Happy belated birthday to Katie. Isn't it great how she gets older and we dont?
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 26th, 2010, 10:10 am

Happy Belated Birthday to Katie!
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 26th, 2010, 10:31 am

Oh it's not belated.... today is the day. We had the big party on Saturday when everyone could come over.

Thanks!
-- DukeUsul