PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » April 24th, 2010, 6:17 pm

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:Good night, Johnboy.
I don't think he's on-line now.

:)) =))

I didn't think he was, but still thought the reference was funny.
It was amusing. It's also highly coincidental that we happen to have a member here named Johnboy. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 24th, 2010, 6:34 pm

Golf update:

Uh, guilty as charged, Colchar. Khaki shorts, generic white socks, New Orleans Saints hat. I got the golf clubs when I was at Duke, but nothing Duke related about the bag and head covers. I have been playing only once a year, at this tournament, and I haven't upgraded. But I'm thinking about new clubs now, and if I get them, I'll get appropriate head covers and probably a Duke golf bag. I will NOT hit Duke golf balls because I don't want to hit anything with Duke on it. (I'd smack the hell out of tarhole balls, in more ways than one, but that's another story.) FWIW, I do have a sleeve of 1991 National Championship golf balls on my bookshelf at work.

I won ladies' closest to the pin. Not as impressive as it sounds, since there were only 4 ladies, but nonetheless I came home with the prize, an insulated lunch bag and a Borders gift card. Also won a door prize, gift certificates to the local Mexican restaurant (Mas cerveza, por favor!).

I go because it's for a good cause and it's nice to see old friends. The guys are much more serious about it; the ladies just go and have a good time.

If I upgrade to a Duke bag when I get new clubs, I'll post on whatever LTE we're running....
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 25th, 2010, 6:29 am

Good Morning. ~O)

I agree about the Duke golf balls. Only it's not because I don't want to hit them, it's because I lose way to many golf balls. I bought a box of college golf balls from Costco a few years back. It had a bunch, but my faves were Duke (didn't use it, see above), UNC (smacked the heck out of it, TRYING to lose it, but it never seemed to happen), UCLA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, USC, Maryland, UVA, FSU, and Colorado. I loved those golf balls, but I've lost 90% of them since then. I don't know if Costco still sells them once in a while, but if I see them again, I'm gonna grab them again.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 25th, 2010, 6:44 am

DBR had this picture this morning:

According to them, this is Paul Harraka, a NASCAR driving Duke student. Crazy, huh?

Here's a link to a NASCAR.COM article about him:
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/feature ... index.html

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 6:56 am

~O)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 7:35 am

My tent for yesterdays art event. It was only a one day thing, but in three weeks there's another that lasts the weekend.
artshow.jpg
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2010, 8:00 am

CB&B, how did it go? It looks like a nice setup. Did you have good weather?

Who's the Duke football player on the left?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 8:10 am

lawgrad91 wrote:CB&B, how did it go? It looks like a nice setup. Did you have good weather?

Who's the Duke football player on the left?
That is Brett Huffman, painted from an photo I took at last year's spring game. Coach Cut has the first one of the prints I made of it.
ReceiverReadySmall.jpg
The show went well, I sold a couple of prints and one lady is pondering having a portrait of her daughter done. It only sprinkled briefly, the rest of the day was beautiful. Last year I was the only artist out there, this year there were more. A couple of potters, a few jewelers and one guy had his photography.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 25th, 2010, 8:39 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Golf update:

Uh, guilty as charged, Colchar. Khaki shorts, generic white socks, New Orleans Saints hat. I got the golf clubs when I was at Duke, but nothing Duke related about the bag and head covers. I have been playing only once a year, at this tournament, and I haven't upgraded. But I'm thinking about new clubs now, and if I get them, I'll get appropriate head covers and probably a Duke golf bag. I will NOT hit Duke golf balls because I don't want to hit anything with Duke on it. (I'd smack the hell out of tarhole balls, in more ways than one, but that's another story.) FWIW, I do have a sleeve of 1991 National Championship golf balls on my bookshelf at work.

I won ladies' closest to the pin. Not as impressive as it sounds, since there were only 4 ladies, but nonetheless I came home with the prize, an insulated lunch bag and a Borders gift card. Also won a door prize, gift certificates to the local Mexican restaurant (Mas cerveza, por favor!).

I go because it's for a good cause and it's nice to see old friends. The guys are much more serious about it; the ladies just go and have a good time.

If I upgrade to a Duke bag when I get new clubs, I'll post on whatever LTE we're running....
Sounds like a fun day. I hope to get back to golf sometime in the near future. My rotator cuff is healing, finally. Thats another story.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 25th, 2010, 9:07 am

Very Duke Blue wrote: My rotator cuff is healing, finally. Thats another story.
Happy to hear it. :Clap: How's your range of motion?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 25th, 2010, 11:10 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I will NOT hit Duke golf balls because I don't want to hit anything with Duke on it. (I'd smack the hell out of tarhole balls, in more ways than one, but that's another story.) FWIW, I do have a sleeve of 1991 National Championship golf balls on my bookshelf at work.
Fair enough, I can understand why you would not hit a Duke golf ball.
I'll post on whatever LTE we're running....
It will be this one. It will always be this one!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 25th, 2010, 11:58 am

captmojo wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: My rotator cuff is healing, finally. Thats another story.
Happy to hear it. :Clap: How's your range of motion?
I'm noy 100% yet but getting close. :ymapplause:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought Half-Life The Orange Box tonight. It's 5 games, starting with Half-Life 2. I've been shooting baddies :violence-rapidfire: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-snipersmiley: all night long. :D
Finished it this morning..on to Half-Life 2: Episode two. More baddies. :D :violence-rapidfire:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2010, 1:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I bought Half-Life The Orange Box tonight. It's 5 games, starting with Half-Life 2. I've been shooting baddies :violence-rapidfire: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-snipersmiley: all night long. :D
Finished it this morning..on to Half-Life 2: Episode two. More baddies. :D :violence-rapidfire:
Ooops, my bad. On to HL: Episode 1. Apparently Episode 1 is actually part 2. :-?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2010, 3:40 pm

colchar wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I will NOT hit Duke golf balls because I don't want to hit anything with Duke on it. (I'd smack the hell out of tarhole balls, in more ways than one, but that's another story.) FWIW, I do have a sleeve of 1991 National Championship golf balls on my bookshelf at work.
I wasn't sure since this was LTE 2.0. Didn't know if there was a 1.0 out there somewhere.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 25th, 2010, 3:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
colchar wrote:
I wasn't sure since this was LTE 2.0. Didn't know if there was a 1.0 out there somewhere.
I think it was in reference to the LTE on DBR.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 25th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Thanks for the info, bjornolf! :)
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 25th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I purchased Kiwi vines. Male and Female {notice I capitalized both}. Also, asparagus. I love to grow veggies, fruits and flowers. :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Hi y'all! I'm online briefly while waiting for drivers to download. Haven't posted much lately because I'm mostly reading from my iPhone (laptop still out of commission).
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Sounds like Sue had a fun visit to Durham. :ymparty: :-BD
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein