LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Miles » April 22nd, 2010, 11:55 am

wilson wrote:I just got home from my last day of class for this semester. I will really miss the classroom for the next couple of years. :(
On a much brighter note, I don't think I've ever in my life accomplished as much in a single school year as I have this year. I am going to deservedly do jack shit this afternoon.
Congrats man! Now you can catch up on Lost! :)
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am

wilson wrote:I just got home from my last day of class for this semester. I will really miss the classroom for the next couple of years. :(
On a much brighter note, I don't think I've ever in my life accomplished as much in a single school year as I have this year. I am going to deservedly do jack shit this afternoon.
It's easy to slip into a mini-depression after the last class. The adrenaline rush of prepping for class, throughout the semester, is suddenly gone.

I've now learned... going out on a walk with my dog usually cures just about anything like that.

In your case, I suggest going to a Braves game... on a winning night. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 22nd, 2010, 8:09 pm

I'm not sure I'm worthy of sharing #11 with Hurley and Verga, but I've never watched Lost.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 22nd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Well, we had the dumbest defendant in history in court today. He was charged with stealing shoes from the Shoe Dept, a local store. The clerk said she saw him come in wearing white Nikes, and when he walked out he was wearing white K-swiss, and she found his white Nikes in the K-swiss box back on the shelf. I showed her a picture of a pair of K-swiss, and said, "Is this a picture of a shoe like the ones defendant took?" The clerk said, "yes, and he's wearing the shoes today." I said (using the legal skills I learned at Duke), "Whaaa?" and she replied, "he's wearing the shoes he stole from our store here today." Sure enough, the style number on the inside tongue of his shoes matched the style number on the box.

He came in wearing shoes; he went to jail in his sock feet. L-)

As interesting as that was, I wish I hadn't been in court this afternoon. I wish I'd taken off and gone to the Basketball Banquet.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 22nd, 2010, 10:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Well, we had the dumbest defendant in history in court today. He was charged with stealing shoes from the Shoe Dept, a local store. The clerk said she saw him come in wearing white Nikes, and when he walked out he was wearing white K-swiss, and she found his white Nikes in the K-swiss box back on the shelf. I showed her a picture of a pair of K-swiss, and said, "Is this a picture of a shoe like the ones defendant took?" The clerk said, "yes, and he's wearing the shoes today." I said (using the legal skills I learned at Duke), "Whaaa?" and she replied, "he's wearing the shoes he stole from our store here today." Sure enough, the style number on the inside tongue of his shoes matched the style number on the box.

As interesting as that was, I wish I hadn't been in court this afternoon. I wish I'd taken off and gone to the Basketball Banquet.
That is too funny. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 22nd, 2010, 11:00 pm

We went to both of Max's ball games today. The first was the school game. He got 2 good hits and made to outs. He plays third base. The second game was rec ball. He caught most of the game, then pitched for 2 innings. He struck out 5. He also made two over the fence, home runs, made a single rbi and struckI out once. They lost. Both were good games. I love going to Max's games.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 22nd, 2010, 11:16 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We went to both of Max's ball games today. The first was the school game. He got 2 good hits and made to outs. He plays third base. The second game was rec ball. He caught most of the game, then pitched for 2 innings. He struck out 5. He also made two over the fence, home runs, made a single rbi and struckI out once. They lost. Both were good games. I love going to Max's games.
VDB - sorry the outcome wasn't better, but it sounds like Max played an excellent game! 2 innings pitching with 5 strike outs is pretty impressive! HE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT accompanied by the rest of his performance, Win or Lose! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD I know you were a proud G'MA to be there and I know he was very HAPPY to HAVE YOU THERE!!!! That is soo cool! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Vibes and prayers for same output but different outcome the next game! :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2010, 12:28 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Well, we had the dumbest defendant in history in court today. He was charged with stealing shoes from the Shoe Dept, a local store. The clerk said she saw him come in wearing white Nikes, and when he walked out he was wearing white K-swiss, and she found his white Nikes in the K-swiss box back on the shelf. I showed her a picture of a pair of K-swiss, and said, "Is this a picture of a shoe like the ones defendant took?" The clerk said, "yes, and he's wearing the shoes today." I said (using the legal skills I learned at Duke), "Whaaa?" and she replied, "he's wearing the shoes he stole from our store here today." Sure enough, the style number on the inside tongue of his shoes matched the style number on the box.

So do we (and I bet the defendant too)!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2010, 12:59 am

I'm tired and am going to bed.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 23rd, 2010, 6:35 am

Good Morning. ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 23rd, 2010, 6:58 am

Good morning!

Can you toast with a glass of V-8?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2010, 7:40 am

Oh my. Your Defendant sounds like he was one of my clients.

I once had a client who walked in to KMart, saw the rack of purses, and decided to trade out her old purse for a newer version. She dumped the contents of her purse into a new one, put the old one on the rack and sauntered out the store. She claimed that it wasn't shoplifting since she left the old purse in the store.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2010, 7:47 am

I'm an armchair lawyer, from watching too many law and order shows. Why didn't the police apprehend the shoes for evidence when they charged the defendant?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2010, 8:04 am

Good morning. ~O)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2010, 10:46 am

[I'm an armchair lawyer, from watching too many law and order shows. Why didn't the police apprehend the shoes for evidence when they charged the defendant?[/quote]

They didn't catch up with the guy right away. The clerk got his license plate number and gave it to the police. They tracked it down (it belonged to the defendant's dad) and got defendant's name and information. Then they did a photo lineup to see if the clerk could pick defendant out, using jail pictures. (The defendant already had a picture on file with the jail, go figure.) She did, and that's when they got the warrant for his arrest. He was arrested four days later. I'm guessing he had a different pair of shoes on then, or maybe the arresting officer, who wasn't involved in making the original charge, didn't know what shoes to look for.
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2010, 11:15 am

lawgrad91 wrote:They didn't catch up with the guy right away. The clerk got his license plate number and gave it to the police. They tracked it down (it belonged to the defendant's dad) and got defendant's name and information. Then they did a photo lineup to see if the clerk could pick defendant out, using jail pictures. (The defendant already had a picture on file with the jail, go figure.) She did, and that's when they got the warrant for his arrest. He was arrested four days later. I'm guessing he had a different pair of shoes on then, or maybe the arresting officer, who wasn't involved in making the original charge, didn't know what shoes to look for.
Thank you for the explanation. Makes sense!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 23rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We went to both of Max's ball games today. The first was the school game. He got 2 good hits and made to outs. He plays third base. The second game was rec ball. He caught most of the game, then pitched for 2 innings. He struck out 5. He also made two over the fence, home runs, made a single rbi and struckI out once. They lost. Both were good games. I love going to Max's games.
VDB - sorry the outcome wasn't better, but it sounds like Max played an excellent game! 2 innings pitching with 5 strike outs is pretty impressive! HE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT accompanied by the rest of his performance, Win or Lose! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD I know you were a proud G'MA to be there and I know he was very HAPPY to HAVE YOU THERE!!!! That is soo cool! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Vibes and prayers for same output but different outcome the next game! :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:
I forgot to say, they did win the first game. All was good. :) Max was pleased with his play.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 23rd, 2010, 10:11 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
I forgot to say, they did win the first game. All was good. :) Max was pleased with his play.
Way to go Max!!!! :-BD
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2010, 10:46 pm

Yay Max! Glad he is doing so well. I know you are proud of him, VDB, and I know he's thrilled to have you so interested in his games.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2010, 11:59 pm

Alright..I gotta get off here...I'm showing all of my work outside tomorrow at a fun show, Sweetie Pie helped me set my tent up earlier today. Need to wake up by 6am..wheee. G'night Granpa!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.