LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » April 21st, 2010, 6:30 am

Good Morning, all. ~O)

Man, I'm so pissed. There's a website that I belong to for gamers. It's linked to a magazine that I subscribe to for gamers. Anyway, since my subscription ran out, I lost member privileges on the website. I can still check game reviews, but to post questions on the forum or vote or stuff like that, I need to be a member. I renewed my subscription, but that didn't fix my membership as it has in the past. My log in still doesn't work. So, I clicked to sign up, but it said my account still existed. So I asked for a new password, but even though it said it sent the email, it didn't. So, I hit contact us on their site. Unfortunately, there is no way to contact technical support there. So, I asked a general question, and one of the customer service agents forwarded my email to the tech support people, and they sent out the "reset your password" email, which you can't reply to. When I went there, it said "Access Denied: You don't have enough points (whatever the hell that means) to perform this operation." I lack the points to change my own password? WTF? X( So, I sent another email to the contact us place, since again I can't contact technical support directly. They responded that I should go to the forums and submit my problem to the tech support people there. However, since I CAN'T LOG ON, I CAN'T post there. WTF! ~X( Why the HELL don't they have an option to contact TECHNICAL SUPPORT under the CONTACT US button? I've never seen a professional site that doesn't have that. Anyway, I just needed somebody to vent to. Thanks.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 21st, 2010, 6:59 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

Man, I'm so pissed. There's a website that I belong to for gamers. It's linked to a magazine that I subscribe to for gamers. Anyway, since my subscription ran out, I lost member privileges on the website. I can still check game reviews, but to post questions on the forum or vote or stuff like that, I need to be a member. I renewed my subscription, but that didn't fix my membership as it has in the past. My log in still doesn't work. So, I clicked to sign up, but it said my account still existed. So I asked for a new password, but even though it said it sent the email, it didn't. So, I hit contact us on their site. Unfortunately, there is no way to contact technical support there. So, I asked a general question, and one of the customer service agents forwarded my email to the tech support people, and they sent out the "reset your password" email, which you can't reply to. When I went there, it said "Access Denied: You don't have enough points (whatever the hell that means) to perform this operation." I lack the points to change my own password? WTF? X( So, I sent another email to the contact us place, since again I can't contact technical support directly. They responded that I should go to the forums and submit my problem to the tech support people there. However, since I CAN'T LOG ON, I CAN'T post there. WTF! ~X( Why the HELL don't they have an option to contact TECHNICAL SUPPORT under the CONTACT US button? I've never seen a professional site that doesn't have that. Anyway, I just needed somebody to vent to. Thanks.

%%-
Do you have email addys for any of your messageboard friends? Ask one of them to post the Q for you on the forums, and then email it back to you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 21st, 2010, 7:42 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

%%-
Do you have email addys for any of your messageboard friends? Ask one of them to post the Q for you on the forums, and then email it back to you.
No, this is a BIG site. I don't know anybody on it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 21st, 2010, 8:19 am

Lost was great last night. ~O)
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 21st, 2010, 8:50 am

Good morning. ~O)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 21st, 2010, 9:23 am

Kate finally got voted off DWTS - about time!
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 21st, 2010, 9:27 am

Miles wrote:Lost was great last night. ~O)
I was, um, busy last night. I'll have to watch it today. I've avoided reading the Lost thread on DBR - I learn so much about what I've seen when I read that. BostonDevil, how come you haven't posted anything all season? You said you would!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 21st, 2010, 11:26 am

~O) ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O)

Many many coffees needed this morning.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 11:51 am

I have intentionally not watched Lost this season. The day after it ends, I'm gonna download the season in it's entirety and enjoy a long weekend of watching all the episodes back to back.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 21st, 2010, 2:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I have intentionally not watched Lost this season. The day after it ends, I'm gonna download the season in it's entirety and enjoy a long weekend of watching all the episodes back to back.
That's cheating! :p :p :p :p
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 3:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I have intentionally not watched Lost this season. The day after it ends, I'm gonna download the season in it's entirety and enjoy a long weekend of watching all the episodes back to back.
That's cheating! :p :p :p :p
No it's not, it's part of my mental health improvement program..I've got enough stress to suffer waiting a whole week to see what happens next.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 21st, 2010, 7:31 pm

Re-org at work tomorrow. Not sure what will happen. Strange that they just hired someone for same position but different geography.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 21st, 2010, 9:28 pm

I have intentionally not watched Lost ever.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 21st, 2010, 9:30 pm

"I figured I would start off the newest version of the LTE.

Have at it folks..."

I just thought I should repost my original post that launched this here thread. No real reason for it, I was just bored and felt like posting but had little to say. Plus, a trip down memory lane never hurts.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 21st, 2010, 9:40 pm

colchar wrote:

That makes two of us on this continent. :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2010, 9:43 pm

devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:

Three of us....
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2010, 11:34 pm

Anyone on FB needs to sign up for this. The planet will tilt funny if you don't.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 736&ref=nf
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 22nd, 2010, 4:20 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:
Three of us....
Four of us.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 22nd, 2010, 5:42 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Re-org at work tomorrow. Not sure what will happen. Strange that they just hired someone for same position but different geography.
Vibes and prayers that all works out okay for you, Ymo! Been busy for me at work and we just went through some of that also! :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard: :pray: :wizard:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 22nd, 2010, 6:38 am

Well that was painless! 1 hour and I am caught back up! I was afraid I would have pages and pages to read! Time to go conquer the world. Have a great day! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!! GO DUKE!!!!