LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 9:28 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:It was a dreary day today up here and the ONLY thing that got better was my eyesight, but I am still praying for miracles and patience!!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
- Morning yucky, traffic yucky, ...,
- I get to where I am supposed to be at 0900 for a meeting at 1000 so this sucks just sitting there thinking about everything going on....
- finally, I get to talk to my lawyer who returns my call to formulate a game plan to stop the BS from my X ~X( (he agrees she is way out of line) and will actually help bring some normalcy to my kids life before she sucks the life out of them,....
- so "I'm fired up...",
- I sit in a meeting for over two hours that started 1/2 late X( X( X( X( and the guy who was doing the meeting wasn't properly prepared (Meeting 101, have agenda, handouts, and some structure... (to his credit, he at least had a 40" LCD screen)), but this guy is a stream of unstructured stream conscious and went down 50 different roads for 1 purpose..... X( X( X( X( X( X( , (the looks that were exchanged said it all.....)
- I had a real hard time focusing and it was all I could do to bite my tongue, then it finally was over! Thank god!
- I head back to my old Tysons facility and I'm an hour ahead of time, I think (let's do the meeting early, but someone else I don't know is supposed to be there, thinking that rearranging the meeting will be too complicated, so let me kill an hour and solve a procrastination issue I've been dealing with.... let me finally get my eyes checked and get the eyeglass process moving.... (I wanted to do it with someone special to at least tell me I don't look like a dork with my selection of glasses, but that wasn't possible and my eyes were getting worse), so ....
- I get my eye exam.... Results: Just like blood test, all looks perfect with retina exams and glaucoma test is fine (I always think of guacamole when I hear this) & disease free :-BD :)), but the fact that I need to have glasses, uggggg....
- I have 1 hour mind you and I'm sitting around for about 20 minutes after I was told the Dr will be with ya in a minute... excuse me.....
- Finally, Mr. Long (I mean Mr. Bones) ... thank you lord.... so we greet and I tell the eye doctor that I have to be across the street at my old office by 1:30pm for a meeting, can we get this done (it's 1:10pm) or do I need to come back afterwards?
- He says I'll be done by 1:25pm and I can't tell you how long it will take you to get across the street... OKAY, let's do this!
- I meet with the eye doctor, and he fine tunes the superman eye machine to dial in the correct prescription and (I am talking to myself and him, I hate these machines, my eyelashes always screw me up... He says, I don't care about your eyelashes, can you see the letters???.... Finally, we are done, it is 1:30pm
- I pay for the exam and return around 3:00pm
- I get to my meeting about 10 minutes late, but she wasn't ready anyways... she finishes in about hour after starting (stuff I already knew), but frankly, I couldn't focus, she would talk and I would hear an entirely different convo that occurred earlier... It was making me nuts.... thank goodness she finished!
- I return to get my frames, so I go look at the glass frames (fish out of water) and find that all the frames I'd previously tried on were woman's... (no wonder they made me look like a dork), so I look on the appropriate side of the store that they now direct me to.... and a worker girl comes out, can I help you?
- Yes, I need to pick out a frame (duh), but I have no idea what will look okay on me or what I should pick....can you help me?
- Well these are all designer frames (which are popular) and these are in-house frames .... I'm dying here (that was helpful, I already knew that), at this time with the anxiety and stress amongst other things that are going on upstairs and all the thousands of frames to pick from I am really not enjoying this. 1st they are all square and not normally round or stylish like they were in the good ol days and so forth... so now I am overwhelmed...
- I pick a few... nope, I don't like ... nope, I don't like... nope, I don't like, ... too big, ... too flairy, .... I'm quickly getting frustrated and then finally I find a pair of yellow gold frames with wire on bottom and they are sort of square lenses and they are tolerable because they go with my blonde hair (what's left of it) and I ask her what she thinks...
- I think I could have put on Austin Power glasses and she would have said they looked great! #-o, but these were acceptable to me so I went with because it was quickly apparent this I really didn't give a crap what she thought anyways and the 1 that I really did wasn't there ....
- So I say, let's go with these.... which 2nd pair do you want? Oh God, :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o not another decision (NOT right now I think to myself) X( X( X( ... so I ask, "can I wait until maybe I have someone with me to help me"... Yes, you have 30 days (mark!), okay (right answer - to myself), so let's get this done!
- Close to $450 later with anti-glare and transition square lenses (that have to be ordered) and we'll order your lenses, but we'll give you/cut these temporary loaner lenses TODAY for you to leave with in an hour! Oh, okay! and your 2nd pair could be the exact equivalent style if you like for FREE! Oh what a deal! Okay, return in an hour!
- I sit in my car and ponder life and .... figure after 45 minutes of going nuts... I wonder if they are done?
- I go back in and it's like I'm an alien.... some girl gives me the 3rd degree and finally after 10 minutes of walking thru some door finally returns with my glasses... I put them on and it's like WOW!!!! I don't care what they look like frankly with my temporary lenses in my yellow gold frames, but everything is crystal clear!! I have to do that old foggy thing of looking over my lenses to see up close, but OMG, this was the BEST THING that happened to me today. I wish I could have bit my tongue all day from my waking moments but the dreariness of the rain and clouds up here today for some reason just had me NOT MYSELF and out of sorts!!!!!
Surely you could have made this 30-40 posts or more...

:)) :))
=)) =))
At least! =)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 13th, 2010, 9:29 pm

cl15876 wrote:It was a dreary day today up here and the ONLY thing that got better was my eyesight, but I am still praying for miracles and patience!!! :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
- I get to where I am supposed to be at 0900 for a meeting at 1000 so this sucks just sitting there thinking about everything going on....
- finally, I get to talk to my lawyer who returns my call to formulate a game plan to stop the BS from my X ~X( (he agrees she is way out of line) and will actually help bring some normalcy to my kids life before she sucks the life out of them,....
- so "I'm fired up...",
- I sit in a meeting for over two hours that started 1/2 late X( X( X( X( and the guy who was doing the meeting wasn't properly prepared (Meeting 101, have agenda, handouts, and some structure... (to his credit, he at least had a 40" LCD screen)), but this guy is a stream of unstructured stream conscious and went down 50 different roads for 1 purpose..... X( X( X( X( X( X( , (the looks that were exchanged said it all.....)
- I had a real hard time focusing and it was all I could do to bite my tongue, then it finally was over! Thank god!
- I head back to my old Tysons facility and I'm an hour ahead of time, I think (let's do the meeting early, but someone else I don't know is supposed to be there, thinking that rearranging the meeting will be too complicated, so let me kill an hour and solve a procrastination issue I've been dealing with.... let me finally get my eyes checked and get the eyeglass process moving.... (I wanted to do it with someone special to at least tell me I don't look like a dork with my selection of glasses, but that wasn't possible and my eyes were getting worse), so ....
- I get my eye exam.... Results: Just like blood test, all looks perfect with retina exams and glaucoma test is fine (I always think of guacamole when I hear this) & disease free :-BD :)), but the fact that I need to have glasses, uggggg....
- I have 1 hour mind you and I'm sitting around for about 20 minutes after I was told the Dr will be with ya in a minute... excuse me.....
- Finally, Mr. Long (I mean Mr. Bones) ... thank you lord.... so we greet and I tell the eye doctor that I have to be across the street at my old office by 1:30pm for a meeting, can we get this done (it's 1:10pm) or do I need to come back afterwards?
- He says I'll be done by 1:25pm and I can't tell you how long it will take you to get across the street... OKAY, let's do this!
- I meet with the eye doctor, and he fine tunes the superman eye machine to dial in the correct prescription and (I am talking to myself and him, I hate these machines, my eyelashes always screw me up... He says, I don't care about your eyelashes, can you see the letters???.... Finally, we are done, it is 1:30pm
- I get to my meeting about 10 minutes late, but she wasn't ready anyways... she finishes in about hour after starting (stuff I already knew), but frankly, I couldn't focus, she would talk and I would hear an entirely different convo that occurred earlier... It was making me nuts.... thank goodness she finished!
- I return to get my frames, so I go look at the glass frames (fish out of water) and find that all the frames I'd previously tried on were woman's... (no wonder they made me look like a dork), so I look on the appropriate side of the store that they now direct me to.... and a worker girl comes out, can I help you?
- Yes, I need to pick out a frame (duh), but I have no idea what will look okay on me or what I should pick....can you help me?
- Well these are all designer frames (which are popular) and these are in-house frames .... I'm dying here (that was helpful, I already knew that), at this time with the anxiety and stress amongst other things that are going on upstairs and all the thousands of frames to pick from I am really not enjoying this. 1st they are all square and not normally round or stylish like they were in the good ol days and so forth... so now I am overwhelmed...
- I pick a few... nope, I don't like ... nope, I don't like... nope, I don't like, ... too big, ... too flairy, .... I'm quickly getting frustrated and then finally I find a pair of yellow gold frames with wire on bottom and they are sort of square lenses and they are tolerable because they go with my blonde hair (what's left of it) and I ask her what she thinks...
- I think I could have put on Austin Power glasses and she would have said they looked great! #-o, but these were acceptable to me so I went with because it was quickly apparent this I really didn't give a crap what she thought anyways and the 1 that I really did wasn't there ....
- So I say, let's go with these.... which 2nd pair do you want? Oh God, :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o not another decision (NOT right now I think to myself) X( X( X( ... so I ask, "can I wait until maybe I have someone with me to help me"... Yes, you have 30 days (mark!), okay (right answer - to myself), so let's get this done!
- Close to $450 later with anti-glare and transition square lenses (that have to be ordered) and we'll order your lenses, but we'll give you/cut these temporary loaner lenses TODAY for you to leave with in an hour! Oh, okay! and your 2nd pair could be the exact equivalent style if you like for FREE! Oh what a deal! Okay, return in an hour!
- I sit in my car and ponder life and .... figure after 45 minutes of going nuts... I wonder if they are done?
- I go back in and it's like I'm an alien.... some girl gives me the 3rd degree and finally after 10 minutes of walking thru some door finally returns with my glasses... I put them on and it's like WOW!!!! I don't care what they look like frankly with my temporary lenses in my yellow gold frames, but everything is crystal clear!! I have to do that old foggy thing of looking over my lenses to see up close, but OMG, this was the BEST THING that happened to me today. I wish I could have bit my tongue all day from my waking moments but the dreariness of the rain and clouds up here today for some reason just had me NOT MYSELF and out of sorts!!!!!
In a bit of a ramblin mood tonight, BON's? =)) =)) =))

Glad you found some lenses that you can see out of!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 9:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:In a bit of a ramblin mood tonight, BON's? =)) =)) =))

Glad you found some lenses that you can see out of!
Well, what can I say??????? Thanks, and BTW, I drove by Chutzpahs NY Deli today, leaving my
Vienna facility headed towards Tysons! I thought about ya as I drove by and ALL the snow at the time (you were there!)... I prayed for ya! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :D ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Praying and Vibing for ME! :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 13th, 2010, 10:14 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I dropped my laptop a few minutes ago and apparently broke the screen. I have horizontal and vertical color lines across the monitor, and there's a spot near the middle that has the appearance of broken glass (although I didn't think there was glass in the monitor. How expensive will it be to fix this?
Oh that sucks. The screen itself can be as much as the laptop..most likely with labor it will be. Google the model laptop/lcd and see what you come up with for parts price. It shouldn't take any tech longer than an hour to install a screen, and maybe you will get a better price if you buy it yourself. If not, get a new laptop and transfer your data & settings over. A decent laptop can be bought for under $500.
I think I'm going to try to fix it since it was an expensive laptop. Looks like the parts wouldn't be too ridiculous. Can you recommend any good online vendors?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 13th, 2010, 10:16 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was browsing the front page, and clicked on the "archives" link. I wasn't sure if anything was actually archived or not. Then I clicked on January. I turned my head just in time to not spew beer all my desk, but the dog that was sitting next to me is now a little damp. Amazing the ups and downs that a season makes. A peek back at January 30th.

http://crazietalk.net/blog1.php/2010/01/
I'm completely over that suckiness! :D
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 13th, 2010, 10:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I dropped my laptop a few minutes ago and apparently broke the screen. I have horizontal and vertical color lines across the monitor, and there's a spot near the middle that has the appearance of broken glass (although I didn't think there was glass in the monitor. How expensive will it be to fix this?
Oh that sucks. The screen itself can be as much as the laptop..most likely with labor it will be. Google the model laptop/lcd and see what you come up with for parts price. It shouldn't take any tech longer than an hour to install a screen, and maybe you will get a better price if you buy it yourself. If not, get a new laptop and transfer your data & settings over. A decent laptop can be bought for under $500.
I think I'm going to try to fix it since it was an expensive laptop. Looks like the parts wouldn't be too ridiculous. Can you recommend any good online vendors?
Still under warranty? Dell is pretty good with that if you talk the talk with them and they realize you are under warranty!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2010, 11:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I think I'm going to try to fix it since it was an expensive laptop. Looks like the parts wouldn't be too ridiculous. Can you recommend any good online vendors?
I wish I could, but I dont' even know who my shop buys from. I just tell the girl who gets our stuff what I need, and she locates it. I do know that not everything comes from a selling partner, sometimes we just have to cross our fingers and take a stab in the dark.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 14th, 2010, 7:38 am

cl15876 wrote:
- so "I'm fired up...",
Now that CB&B has made me smile, .... I got to thinking some more, Oh god... can you think of the posts that I could have garnered out of this activity account!
I was just thinking that you coulda gotten at least one post per bullet point there. If you did like you sometimes do, you coulda stretched out about 150 posts. ;) Musta been tired from your long day.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 14th, 2010, 7:38 am

Oh, and good mornin', all. ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2010, 8:42 am

Good morning. ~O)

I have no plans today. Not to worry, something always comes up. I'm glad I retired. I'm too busy to work. :)) :))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 14th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Good morning. ~O)

I have no plans today. Not to worry, something always comes up. I'm glad I retired. I'm too busy to work. :)) :))
Sitting here watching them wax/buff my car. Got three job candidates coming here in the next week.

No more than a mile from Rupp Arena/UK, watching the DPL One Shining Moment. This is cool.

Shoot it again Hayward... :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Sitting here watching them wax/buff my car. Got three job candidates coming here in the next week.

No more than a mile from Rupp Arena/UK, watching the DPL One Shining Moment. This is cool.

Brick!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) LGD!!!! LGD!!!! LGD!!!! LGD!!!! ;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Shoot it again Hayward... :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:[/quote]
Brick!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) LGD!!!! LGD!!!! LGD!!!! LGD!!!! ;)[/quote]

The shot!!! I loved the shot. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2010, 8:39 pm

I made salmon cakes with sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. Oh yea, and cornbread for dinner. Tomorrow night? I'm not cooking. Don't want to spoil anyone. :)) :))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 14th, 2010, 8:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

And the best part is...
I can watch it without having to be in the kitchen.
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm

I am sooooo sleepy. i-) I hope everyone sleeps good tonight including myself. good night all.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I made salmon cakes with sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. Oh yea, and cornbread for dinner. Tomorrow night? I'm not cooking. Don't want to spoil anyone. :)) :))
Yumm!!!! I wish I had an appetite! I haven't been hungry for anything for about 2 days! I know I need to eat, but just not compelled and I'm not complaining because I could lose about 10pds easy! I think I have lost about 5 of those! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I am sooooo sleepy. i-) I hope everyone sleeps good tonight including myself. good night all.
After that meal, I'd be saying goodnight also! Goodnight! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 14th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:"quote="Very Duke Blue""Good morning. ~O)

I have no plans today. Not to worry, something always comes up. I'm glad I retired. I'm too busy to work. :)) :))"/quote"

And the best part is...
I can watch it without having to be in the kitchen.
:-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
I had FOX on and my TIVO switched me to CBC Classic - guess what's on..... DUKE .vs. BUTLER (2010 championship)!!!!! ;)