LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 5th, 2010, 3:15 pm

I had a post here that I've replaced with this message. After thinking about it, I decided today is not the day to be negative, so I'll save it for tomorrow. GO DUKE!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 5th, 2010, 3:53 pm

3 minutes left in the WVU game, Davidson's 3 is coming up soon. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 5th, 2010, 3:55 pm

At 1:10, the chant "Our House" started up..I loved that.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 5th, 2010, 4:16 pm

SQUIRREL
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 5th, 2010, 6:41 pm

Moving LTE to the top again. GO DUKE!!!!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 5th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Let's Go Duke!!!
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 5th, 2010, 7:26 pm

LET'S GO DUKE!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I went to the store this morning, and while I was checking out, an older gentleman in probably his 70's looked over at me and said "Good luck tonight, I sincerely mean that. I'm pulling for you". I told him thank you very much for the thoughts.
I had one of my Duke shirts on, he was wearing a unc ball cap.
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:Breathe! Breathe!

I'm so nervous and excited!

Let's go, Duke!
No ice chips with those Breathing exercises! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) (but, I'll make them if you really want them) :D ;) :ymhug: :-*
LGD! LGD! LGD!!!!!!!!! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Miles wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Oh, and the Redskins got freakin' Donovan freakin' McNabb! I'm still in shock over that. What's your opinion on that, DukeUsul?

You gotta understand, this would be like if Gary Williams came to coach at Duke. It's insane. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

%%-
I'm excited man, though I don't think the Gary Williams analogy is quite accurate. There are less than subtle undertones in regards to Gary and his relationship to Duke to which McNabb to Washington will never measure up. That said: Awesome! Sorry, DukeUsul but I hope we win the Superbowl and we have play to Philly to win the NFC Championship, and I hope it happens soon. I don't think McNabb's career is over, and I'm not sure how long he can contribute, but I think he's the best quarterback we've seen in Washington for a long while. Excited about Redskins football!

But first, there are more important things to consider: tonight is the night! So excited!
I tend to agree with Miles on this one, I like McNabb and I think he has great talent! Finally, the skins will have a leader/warrior!!!!! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:37 pm

bjornolf wrote:Image

Pic of Katie in her Easter dress.

You can see others here, including her birthday this weekend. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjornolf

%%-
Very cute!!!!!! She is growing soo fast!!!! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:39 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:manly quiches.
Isn't that an oxymoron? Just sayin'.
LOL!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) Was thinking the same thing!!!! Sounds delicious!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:42 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:manly quiches.
Isn't that an oxymoron? Just sayin'.
I created a fantastic quiche recipe for Katie's baptism. I wonder if I posted it in the recipe thread. It was an Italian sausage, roasted red pepper, asiago cheese quiche. So yummy!
I sure hope you did, I will go look and hopefully I will find it! I don't have any favorite or not quiche recipes yet!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:DA's FB status made me think of this earlier today...

We're gonna get you and your little bulldog, too!!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 5th, 2010, 7:48 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
Miles wrote:"quote="bjornolf""Oh, and the Redskins got freakin' Donovan freakin' McNabb! I'm still in shock over that. What's your opinion on that, DukeUsul?

You gotta understand, this would be like if Gary Williams came to coach at Duke. It's insane. :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

%%-"/quote"
I'm excited man, though I don't think the Gary Williams analogy is quite accurate. There are less than subtle undertones in regards to Gary and his relationship to Duke to which McNabb to Washington will never measure up. That said: Awesome! Sorry, DukeUsul but I hope we win the Superbowl and we have play to Philly to win the NFC Championship, and I hope it happens soon. I don't think McNabb's career is over, and I'm not sure how long he can contribute, but I think he's the best quarterback we've seen in Washington for a long while. Excited about Redskins football!

But first, there are more important things to consider: tonight is the night! So excited!
I was more factoring in Maryland's and Philly's inferiority complexes that equate to hatred.

McNabb is the best QB the 'Skins have had since Doug Williams or Mark Rypien, but I'm not sure he's not better than they, which would make him probably the best since Theismann, or even Jurgenson. I loved Theismann, but he was more a good QB that was smart enough to take advantage of all the ridiculous weapons around him than a great QB himself. I'd tend to say the same about Williams and Rypien too. McNabb's the kind of guy that can win you games himself. I'm not sure anybody the 'Skins have had since Sonny could do that.

%%-
It's interesting that Jurgenson was also an Eagle who was traded to the Skins.

I'm disappointed on a couple fronts. I'm one of the few Eagles fans who is a huge fan of McNabb. He's the best quarterback this franchise has seen in years and is one of the best for the team all-time. So many blame him for "choking" in big games, but honestly, he hasn't always had the supporting cast he needed. It's hurt not having a real running game. He's had problems with not-so-good O-lines. I can't put all the blame on his shoulders.

It ticks me off that so many fans wanted him out. Chances are, 9 out of 10 of the next possible guys to start back there won't be as good. Joe Montana is not going to walk through that door. I really do hope that Kolb will be great. But getting rid of a pro bowl quarterback in favor of an unknown is not something I've been advocating for.

That being said, I can understand that if you're not going to keep him forever, now's the time to trade him. Don't wait until his contract is up next year when you will lose him anyway and get nothing in return. So I can understand wanting to make the move now, if you're not locking him up for the rest of his career. It seems that Reid may have wanted him to go to a good situation - trading him to Oakland would have been better for the franchise, but it sucks to stick a guy you like in such a terrible situation. The situation for the Skins looks a lot brighter.

I really hope he's one-and-done in DC and moves on. Having to play against him in the division for the next few years won't be fun. Though it'll probably give me some ammunition against the McNabb haters. "Ha! See! I TOLD you it would be a bad idea to get rid of him."
Great commentary!!!! I was thinking the same thing about them making the change now, but their loss is our gain!!!!! I'm glad we got him!
Miles

Post by Miles » April 5th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Let's Go Duke!!!
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 5th, 2010, 8:42 pm

bjornolf wrote:Image

Pic of Katie in her Easter dress.

You can see others here, including her birthday this weekend. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjornolf

%%-
Sweet!!! :ymhug:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 5th, 2010, 11:41 pm

". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 5th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Excuse my French, but Holy Shit!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles