Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate, 9/5 Edition

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 7:53 am

TillyGalore wrote:DukePA and Very Duke Blue can't make it this weekend as they are attending a wedding.
Curses. There goes the baked bean casserole (and their good personalities) :( . (No, I am NOT saying the baked beans have any personality whatsoever. I am referring to Donna and her Mom. :roll: )

The "sad" smilie still looks more like an alien. :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 8:11 am

TillyGalore wrote:DukePA and Very Duke Blue can't make it this weekend as they are attending a wedding.
I believe Very Duke Blue and hubby will be there. (I've got to deliver their parking pass) Only DukePA will be going to the wedding.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 8:12 am

devildeac wrote:
Curses. There goes the baked bean casserole (and their good personalities) :( . (No, I am NOT saying the baked beans have any personality whatsoever. I am referring to Donna and her Mom. :roll: )

The "sad" smilie still looks more like an alien. :roll:
Unless the situation has changed from last week when I met with VDB, they are going to Brunchgate (and the game) and not the wedding. But she will need to confirm that as plans can change.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2009, 8:23 am

I will be @ the Brunchgate Sat. with the baked beans. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:09 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I will be @ the Brunchgate Sat. with the baked beans. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)
Oops, I was wrong. Don't know where I got it stuck in my head Very Duke Blue and her husband were going to the same wedding DukePa is attending. My apologies for the confusion.
I worship the Blue Devil!
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » September 2nd, 2009, 11:11 am

TNTDevil wrote:I've got all of that stuff. What we need to know is whom is attending and what each is bringing. So far, here's what I've deduced:
Latest update 2-Sept.

Confirmed: 28 and counting...
(? by your name begs- you plus...)
TNT (+13)- Brisket, BBQ sauces, cole slaw, rolls & sandwich buns, cookies, brownies, other items...
CB&B (+?)- shrimp, flounder on a magic wand :lol:
DD (+1)- Fruit tray
Knights68 & Tilly- Potato casserole, ribs and/or wings ?
Ozzie (+?)- 1/4lb Hot dogs, buns?
Shereec (+?)- Pound cake
Jarhead (+1)- Veggie tray
CathyCA (+4)- Corn, chips, guacamole, sodas
VeryDukeBlue (+1)- Baked beans

AWL:
DukePA- BFF wedding and new job celebration (don't envy that hangover!)
DPSLaw- family matters. Let's all, send some vibes and raise a toast to his Dad.

AWOL:
EarlJam, (a.k.a. BACON)- ? WTF? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE WORKING OR SOMETHING :D!!! Free food...we can probably scare you up a ticket...here kittykittykitty... come on out, hang with your friends. The fresh air will do you good.

I've got plenty of cups, plates, napkins, ketchup, mustard(s) etc. so you you don't need to bring these items.
Last edited by TNTDevil on September 2nd, 2009, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2009, 11:17 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I will be @ the Brunchgate Sat. with the baked beans. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)
Oops, I was wrong. Don't know where I got it stuck in my head Very Duke Blue and her husband were going to the same wedding DukePa is attending. My apologies for the confusion.
We were supposed to go to the wedding. It just didn't work out. No apologies needed. :)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 11:21 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
We were supposed to go to the wedding. It just didn't work out. No apologies needed. :)
I'm glad to see at least two of the people in your family have their priorities straight. ;)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2009, 11:59 am

Oops, I was wrong. Don't know where I got it stuck in my head Very Duke Blue and her husband were going to the same wedding DukePa is attending. My apologies for the confusion.[/quote]

We were supposed to go to the wedding. It just didn't work out. No apologies needed. :)[/quote]
I'm glad to see at least two of the people in your family have their priorities straight. ;)[/quote]

The count of 2 coming to Brunchgate is correct. Myself & our grandson, Adam. Bud changed his mind & is going to the lake for the LD wing-ding, which is also Sat. :@) :@) I hate to miss it but.....would rather go to BG & the game. :-bd
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2009, 12:01 pm

I do have extra tickets if anyone needs.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 2nd, 2009, 1:01 pm

All I can say is, "WOW!" What a plan! What a menu! I really think you should consider entering a tailgate competition. I can understand that you might first want to get a few of this year's tailgate events underway to perfect this new level of partying. Don't wait for the Hemi to arrive before you enter one of the contests!

Down at the caboose, the little party won't be nearly as impressive! It is my intention to walk up to your tent and visit a bit once we get in and set up. And of course, you're welcome to stroll down into the next time zone to visit a while!

I can hear it now..... Rip 'em up! Tear 'em up! Give hem hell Duke!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: \:D/ \:D/ :ymparty:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 2nd, 2009, 2:26 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:All I can say is, "WOW!" What a plan! What a menu! I really think you should consider entering a tailgate competition. I can understand that you might first want to get a few of this year's tailgate events underway to perfect this new level of partying. Don't wait for the Hemi to arrive before you enter one of the contests!

Down at the caboose, the little party won't be nearly as impressive! It is my intention to walk up to your tent and visit a bit once we get in and set up. And of course, you're welcome to stroll down into the next time zone to visit a while!

I can hear it now..... Rip 'em up! Tear 'em up! Give hem hell Duke!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: \:D/ \:D/ :ymparty:
We will certainly visit your soiree! And you're welcome to come over to ours!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » September 2nd, 2009, 2:32 pm

Don't forget Flat Stanley (aka Sue).

I'll provide if necessary. Pictures of "my" presence will be appreciated.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Jarhead
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Jarhead » September 2nd, 2009, 3:36 pm

devildeac wrote: PM me on the DBR if you have any questions. Don't worry about a 4-430 PM arrival as that's when most of us will probably arrive. Tim will be there early so he can get his Big Johnson, err, Weber set up. I'll bet there's enough food there for everyone by 4-5 PM. And beer. :D
Gotcha, devildeac. No worries. :-bd See you on Saturday.
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 3rd, 2009, 9:16 am

devildeac wrote:15 pounds! You are a madman...
Well, it's just as I feared... after trimming the beast and rubbing her down with my spice rub, she's down to about 14lbs.

It's resting comfortably as it prepares for its roll as guest-of-smoker at Saturday's tailgate. :D
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » September 3rd, 2009, 10:51 am

TNTDevil wrote:
Well, it's just as I feared... after trimming the beast and rubbing her down with my spice rub, she's down to about 14lbs.

It's resting comfortably as it prepares for its roll as guest-of-smoker at Saturday's tailgate. :D
It's official now...

I'm gonna bring BBQ ribs (pork mainly, but also a little beef ribs)
A li'l hot sauce on the side for those who care to partake.

Now I missed something..... TNT... 14 lbs???? What exactly are you bringing that'll be 14 pounds?
Sorry for being slow on the uptake
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 3rd, 2009, 10:59 am

knights68 wrote:
TNTDevil wrote:

It's official now...

I'm gonna bring BBQ ribs (pork mainly, but also a little beef ribs)
A li'l hot sauce on the side for those who care to partake.

Now I missed something..... TNT... 14 lbs???? What exactly are you bringing that'll be 14 pounds?
He's bringing a brisket. :-*
I worship the Blue Devil!
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 3rd, 2009, 11:56 am

TillyGalore wrote: He's bringing a brisket. :-*
The beans and the slaw should go well with brisket!
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » September 3rd, 2009, 12:08 pm

knights68 wrote:Now I missed something..... TNT... 14 lbs???? What exactly are you bringing that'll be 14 pounds?
K68's confusion, along with Jarhead's earlier comments, actually raises what I consider to be a valid/important point: posters either need to be a bit more judicious in their posting(s) in this thread (more restricted to the actual tailgate party) or, the Mods need to be a bit more "activist" in culling/moving posts that aren't directly related to the thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to silence and/or suppress any of you PW's but we're on the eleventh page of posts (218 posts!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?) regarding this festivity. That's a lot of reading for someone who just wants to attend and find out what to bring...

I'm just sayin... (let the flaming begin). :roll:
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 3rd, 2009, 12:12 pm

TNTDevil wrote:K68's confusion, along with Jarhead's earlier comments, actually raises what I consider to be a valid/important point: posters either need to be a bit more judicious in their posting(s) in this thread (more restricted to the actual tailgate party) or, the Mods need to be a bit more "activist" in culling/moving posts that aren't directly related to the thread.
OR, someone can pay more attention to the subject at hand (like L-) me) or simply ask someone more informed. No biggie really. #-o a listing of those who are coming and their dishes appear at least once on the last three pages of this thread #-o