Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by dudog » February 19th, 2021, 8:26 am

dudog wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 7:29 pm
Cancun Cruz. I guess that's better for him than Tijuana Ted.
Just heard a better one!!!

Flyin' Ted.

=))
dudog

Post by dudog » February 19th, 2021, 8:57 am

Y'all have to check this out. Ted Cruz's left-behind poodle now has a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/TedCruzPoodle
dudog

Post by dudog » February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm

Carnival is offering a deluxe trip where you leave senior citizens behind in the snow.

It's called a Ted Cruise.

Where is everybody? This is good shit! :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 21st, 2021, 10:08 pm

The Suffolk University/USA Today survey released Sunday found 46% of Republicans would leave their party and “join the Trump party if the former president decided to create one.”
That totally needs to happen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » February 22nd, 2021, 12:36 am

dudog wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm
Carnival is offering a deluxe trip where you leave senior citizens behind in the snow.

They was a band outside of the CancunCruz house today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanEGraney/ ... 9425618945
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 22nd, 2021, 9:17 am

Furniture wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 12:36 am
dudog wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 5:51 pm

They was a band outside of the CancunCruz house today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanEGraney/ ... 9425618945
Yet another reason why it would suck to be Ted Cruz's neighbor (I like mariachi music as much as the next guy, but I'm guessing that got old fast).

I saw that Chris Christie gave a speech about how Ted Cruz is unlikeable. Pot. Kettle. Black.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » February 22nd, 2021, 11:03 am

This morning the Supreme Court rejected Trump’s efforts to quash the subpoena for his financial records from the Manhattan D.A.

Boom goes the dynamite.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2021, 11:10 am

OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 11:03 am
This morning the Supreme Court rejected Trump’s efforts to quash the subpoena for his financial records from the Manhattan D.A.

Boom goes the dynamite.
:violin: :violin:
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am

OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 11:03 am

Boom goes the dynamite.
Such great news. So much for Trump packing the court with his loyalists - kudos to them for doing what is right. And though I'm sure he will try to pursue the narrative and his kool-aid drinkers will believe it, it is really hard for him to say it is part of some huge conspiracy against him when the judges he appointed signed off on this.

Now Vance has to put together a bullet-proof case. Don't let there be any potential loop holes for Trump to squeeze through. I also think Trump will be begging Vance to settle the case. And there might be some pressure on Vance to do so as I'm sure this is a very resource-intensive case to prosecute. But he cannot do so. As much as possible, this must see the light of day. As I understand it, the documents will be kept secret. But "settled without an admission of guilt" is not sufficient. That is, assuming that Vance has the goods to reach that verdict.

And if I'm Trump's fleet of lawyers working on this, bill him at several thousand dollars an hour. And get paid up front.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2021, 11:26 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am

Now Vance has to put together a bullet-proof case. Don't let there be any potential loop holes for Trump to squeeze through. I also think Trump will be begging Vance to settle the case.
How does one settle a case in criminal court?
dudog

Post by dudog » February 22nd, 2021, 12:00 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 11:26 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am

Now Vance has to put together a bullet-proof case. Don't let there be any potential loop holes for Trump to squeeze through. I also think Trump will be begging Vance to settle the case.
How does one settle a case in criminal court?
Plea bargain. I know you know this. It's Monday morning.
JasonEvans
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by JasonEvans » February 22nd, 2021, 12:07 pm

dudog wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 12:00 pm
Yes, but a plea bargain requires the accused to... you know... admit to doing something wrong. I suspect it will be very difficult to get Dear Leader Donald to do that. Though if Vance is going to let him off with just a fine, I am sure Trump would do that and walk away without thinking about about it.

If Vance is insistent on jail time, I think Trump will take any charges to trial and count on getting at least one of his supporters on the jury who would vote to acquit him of anything he did.
dudog

Post by dudog » February 22nd, 2021, 12:13 pm

JasonEvans wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 12:07 pm
dudog wrote:
Yes, but a plea bargain requires the accused to... you know... admit to doing something wrong. I suspect it will be very difficult to get Dear Leader Donald to do that. Though if Vance is going to let him off with just a fine, I am sure Trump would do that and walk away without thinking about about it.

If Vance is insistent on jail time, I think Trump will take any charges to trial and count on getting at least one of his supporters on the jury who would vote to acquit him of anything he did.
I am not a lawyer (I refuse to use that particular acronym), but I believe there is nolo contendre or something where you don't really admit guilt.

And hey, welcome to the dark side. Curious to see if you'll be as foul-mouthed as the rest of us. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm

JasonEvans wrote:
dudog wrote:

This. And I was taking CNC's post about settling as coming up with some monetary agreement. I'm sure Trump wishes that were possible like with one of his lady friends, but it's not happening under indictment. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something per his possible case in NY.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 22nd, 2021, 12:29 pm

February 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm
JasonEvans wrote:
dudog wrote:

This. And I was taking CNC's post about settling as coming up with some monetary agreement. I'm sure Trump wishes that were possible like with one of his lady friends, but it's not happening under indictment. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something per his possible case in NY.
Good point - IANAL (always makes me giggle) and I think I was thinking more in terms of a civil case, where there is a settlement without an admission of guilt. In this case, could he potentially agree to settle for paying fines but not be guilty? I think OPK is our go-to for these questions. Not sure if I can afford his billables - that's a lot of pies...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

Neera Tanden is the poster kid for why it isn't a good idea to bash politicians in public if you have any aspirations of a cabinet position.
While there probably won't be any GOP members voting for her, she has also lost the confidence of Senator Manchin, which essentially torpedoes her slim chances at running the Office of Management and Budget. (By the way, if it weren't for her, I don't think I would have known that position existed in the Cabinet.)
Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a centrist Democrat, had earlier indicated that he too would vote against Tanden. Manchin also cited Tanden’s tweets as a major reason to vote against her.

Those developments leave little wiggle room in an evenly divided Senate and could make Tanden — who heads the liberal Center for American Progress and is a longtime Clinton ally — the first failed Biden Cabinet nomination.

At issue is Tanden’s storied legacy of incendiary tweets, which have frequently criticized and mocked Trump, congressional Republicans and progressives like Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. In doing so, her tweets have complicated the new administration’s stated goal of returning Washington to pre-Trumpian norms of civility.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/neera-tanden ... 06839.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 22nd, 2021, 2:56 pm

Great article by Will Leitch, author and founder of Deadspin (which was an awesome place that I actively participated in during its earliest years) about relating to your family full of Trumpers in response to what Kinzinger is going through. I had heard about but not read the letter Kinzinger got from his familiy. It reads like it is straight from a cult. As Leitch says, I strongly disagree with a lot of what Kinzinger believes in, but I admire him for doing what he is doing now.

https://gen.medium.com/adam-kinzingers- ... a5d3fb81b2
OPK

Post by OPK » February 22nd, 2021, 6:27 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 12:29 pm
JasonEvans wrote:

Good point - IANAL (always makes me giggle) and I think I was thinking more in terms of a civil case, where there is a settlement without an admission of guilt. In this case, could he potentially agree to settle for paying fines but not be guilty? I think OPK is our go-to for these questions. Not sure if I can afford his billables - that's a lot of pies...
He could plead nolo to the charges and the parties could ask the court to accept a negotiated plea agreement.

I highly doubt Trump ever goes all the way to trial, because then all the financials come in to the public record. He’d sell his kids before letting that happen.
OPK

Post by OPK » February 22nd, 2021, 6:28 pm

OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:27 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

He could plead nolo to the charges and the parties could ask the court to accept a negotiated plea agreement.

I highly doubt Trump ever goes all the way to trial, because then all the financials come in to the public record. He’d sell his kids before letting that happen. I think it only goes that far if Vance refuses to deal.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2021, 7:48 pm

OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 6:27 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

I highly doubt Trump ever goes all the way to trial, because then all the financials come in to the public record. He’d sell his kids before letting that happen.
Guarantee you can get Eric for cheap.