College?!?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: College?!?

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Rolvix wrote:Time to buy a Cameron Crazie shirt!!!
past time!!!!! again, i am so happy for you. dukepa and i were so on edge,waitin to here. we just knew you were going to be accepted. go duke.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » December 10th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:Another victory for the all-powerful vibes!! :ymparty:

Dude... congrats!! Welcome to the family. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: And as we say at Anfield:

You'll never walk alone!!
Thanks! :D
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2009, 10:26 pm

I saw your very thrilled grandparents tonight. We all did a happy dance for you in the chancel of Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church!

Robbie, I am so proud of you. You are exactly the kind of student that Duke University needs, and I am so happy that they made the right decision in accepting you as a member of the class of 2014. Congratulations!

Wooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo!!!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Make sure you write your tarheel interviewer a thank you letter. And sign it "GTHC". :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 10th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Fucking awesome - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stuck here on campus grading final exams (four hours and counting...damned undergrads!!!!) and have been trying to log onto our stupid network just to see if you got in. I finally managed to log in and, thankfully, the news was good.

We all remember the feeling you are now experiencing and I advise you to relish it - there are few other feelings like it.

Congrats again.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 10th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Rolvix wrote:Please remember that we expect you to maintain high standards of academic performance and personal behavior in and out of school, including abiding by our Community Standard, which you will find on the reply form. If there is any change in the information in your application – including academic, personal, disciplinary, or legal matters – you need to contact me within 72 hours. We reserve the right to withdraw our offer of admission should your standing in any of these areas change or if you do not meet the terms of the Community Standard between now and the beginning of our fall term.

I still find stuff like this astonishing - it would be beyond illegal up here.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 10th, 2009, 10:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:I saw your very thrilled grandparents tonight. We all did a happy dance for you in the chancel of Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church!

Robbie, I am so proud of you. You are exactly the kind of student that Duke University needs, and I am so happy that they made the right decision in accepting you as a member of the class of 2014. Congratulations!

Wooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo!!!
Thank you so much Cathy! You are AWESOME. :D
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 10th, 2009, 10:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Make sure you write your tarheel interviewer a thank you letter. And sign it "GTHC". :D
Of course :D
I think I'm going to be busy with thank you letters in the next week or so. So many people contributed to my application...
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 10th, 2009, 10:57 pm

colchar wrote:Fucking awesome - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stuck here on campus grading final exams (four hours and counting...damned undergrads!!!!) and have been trying to log onto our stupid network just to see if you got in. I finally managed to log in and, thankfully, the news was good.

We all remember the feeling you are now experiencing and I advise you to relish it - there are few other feelings like it.

Congrats again.
Thanks colchar!! It's kind of awesome to know that you guys are so great. Heck, who woulda thought I would have someone in CANADA trying to log in to see my admission status?!? :-bd
Class of 2014
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 10th, 2009, 11:12 pm

OutSTANDing news! Congratulations!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 10th, 2009, 11:30 pm

I still haven't closed that pop-up screen with my admission decision in it yet.
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2009, 11:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Make sure you write your tarheel interviewer a thank you letter. And sign it "GTHC". :D
:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » December 11th, 2009, 12:29 am

Man, nothing exciting ever happens around here.

Wait, what?

Congratulations!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 11th, 2009, 1:42 am

Rolvix wrote:I still haven't closed that pop-up screen with my admission decision in it yet.

Dude - I still have a hard copy of my undergrad acceptance letter, my M.A. acceptance letter (neither school/program did it online), as well as both the email and hard copy letters from my acceptance into my PhD program (actually, I still have the letters from the programs I turned down)! Save yours to every hard-drive you've got. Print it (or wait for the hard copy in the mail) and frame it. Seriously, this is an amazing accomplishment that you worked very hard to earn so cherish every moment of it - and shout it to the rafters as you have every right to blow your own horn right now. As I said in another post, everyone else here has experienced what you are experiencing right now (whether for undergrad or grad school) and we know how amazing it feels. I am sure everyone else here would agree with me when I tell you to enjoy it, celebrate it, and to never ever forget the feeling.

Once again, congrats - great job kid!!!

Just out of curiosity, what will you be majoring in (assuming you've decided)?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 11th, 2009, 5:56 am

colchar wrote:
Rolvix wrote:I still haven't closed that pop-up screen with my admission decision in it yet.

Dude - I still have a hard copy of my undergrad acceptance letter, my M.A. acceptance letter (neither school/program did it online), as well as both the email and hard copy letters from my acceptance into my PhD program (actually, I still have the letters from the programs I turned down)! Save yours to every hard-drive you've got. Print it (or wait for the hard copy in the mail) and frame it. Seriously, this is an amazing accomplishment that you worked very hard to earn so cherish every moment of it - and shout it to the rafters as you have every right to blow your own horn right now. As I said in another post, everyone else here has experienced what you are experiencing right now (whether for undergrad or grad school) and we know how amazing it feels. I am sure everyone else here would agree with me when I tell you to enjoy it, celebrate it, and to never ever forget the feeling.

Once again, congrats - great job kid!!!

Just out of curiosity, what will you be majoring in (assuming you've decided)?
I have my acceptance letters too. My undergrad acceptance letter is the first page of my college scrapbook. I started a scrapbook my freshman year and every once in a while I pull it out and relive "the good ole days".
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 11th, 2009, 6:04 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Robbie, that is awesome! CathyCA is on the way to choir practice, so 8-x phoned me to get an update for her if she see's your grandparents. Huge congrats on your acceptance! You now have no excuse to miss brunchgates next year, and hopefully you will get your classmates to join you in the stands. Again, that is awesome! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Yea, 8-x called me last night FROM the road at like 6:15 to have me check CTN and update him so he could call Cathy. Had the WHOLE network going. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 11th, 2009, 7:45 am

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Robbie, that is awesome! CathyCA is on the way to choir practice, so 8-x phoned me to get an update for her if she see's your grandparents. Huge congrats on your acceptance! You now have no excuse to miss brunchgates next year, and hopefully you will get your classmates to join you in the stands. Again, that is awesome! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Yea, 8-x called me last night FROM the road at like 6:15 to have me check CTN and update him so he could call Cathy. Had the WHOLE network going. ;)

%%-
Well, I needed to be prepared to start the Robbie-got-accepted-to-Duke dance with Rolvix's grandparents. Thanks for being part of the network, Bjornolf, 8-x and CB&B!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 11th, 2009, 8:44 am

I'm almost as happy with your acceptance as if one of my own children had received that letter. Well, come to think of it, maybe happier as you will be part of the Patterson Endowment Foundation now for your college funding and not the depleted Devildeac Foundation.

:roll: :twitch:

:)) :))

=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2009, 9:21 am

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) very good cbab. :D
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 11th, 2009, 9:28 am

DukeUsul wrote:Who's gonna teach Rob the secret handshake?
Wait - there's a secret handshake?

Congratulations, Rolvix! :ymhug: :ymparty: :ymhug: :ymparty: :ymhug: :ymparty:

Now vibes for lots of scholarships!
Life is good!