Exercise!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Exercise!

Post by lawgrad91 » October 18th, 2010, 8:58 pm

I was a slug yesterday, and a moderate slug on Saturday (I didn't do THAT much moving boxes and such for my uncle). So tonight it was back at it. Thirty minutes of lower body on My Fitness Coach, and 20 minutes of Wii tennis, where I dispatched the pros twice in best of fives, 3-1 and 3-0. I played both games righthanded (not my natural strong side).

I'm going to the doc about my left wrist on Wed, finally getting my ganglion cyst looked at.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 18th, 2010, 9:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I was a slug yesterday, and a moderate slug on Saturday (I didn't do THAT much moving boxes and such for my uncle). So tonight it was back at it. Thirty minutes of lower body on My Fitness Coach, and 20 minutes of Wii tennis, where I dispatched the pros twice in best of fives, 3-1 and 3-0. I played both games righthanded (not my natural strong side).

I'm going to the doc about my left wrist on Wed, finally getting my ganglion cyst looked at.
Good job with the exercise; vibes for the ganglion cyst.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 18th, 2010, 9:37 pm

I was a slug for most of last week; averaged 90% of my target exercise calories for last week. I'm getting back on track today. Had 4/6 dots when I got home, so I hit my target with a combination of Just Dance, Wii tennis, and Wii Fit Plus. It was a banner day in Wii tennis: I beat the level 2000 pros in 5 sets! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 18th, 2010, 9:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I was a slug for most of last week; averaged 90% of my target exercise calories for last week. I'm getting back on track today. Had 4/6 dots when I got home, so I hit my target with a combination of Just Dance, Wii tennis, and Wii Fit Plus. It was a banner day in Wii tennis: I beat the level 2000 pros in 5 sets! :happy-bouncyblue:
Good job, tennis pro! :happy-bouncyblue:

I decided to order the Direct Life (the real one this time) as a present for myself when my Christmas Club money is put in my account, around the end of the month.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I was a slug for most of last week; averaged 90% of my target exercise calories for last week. I'm getting back on track today. Had 4/6 dots when I got home, so I hit my target with a combination of Just Dance, Wii tennis, and Wii Fit Plus. It was a banner day in Wii tennis: I beat the level 2000 pros in 5 sets! :happy-bouncyblue:
What do you think of Wii Fit Plus?
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 18th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Go AD and LG!! I was a slug last week too. I had a great workout Monday and was ready to workout Wednesday, but forgot my workout clothes and shoes :( I knew I wouldn't get to workout Thursday after working all day then volunteering that evening. Friday was out because I left work early to pick up my nephew then head to Duke for CTC.

Back on track today! I will get all my workouts in! And, heck yeah, I can feel it in my legs when I work out. You get measured once a month at Curves so I'll be jumping on the scales Wednesday for the first time since going back to Curves.

Happy muscle building and calorie burning everybody!! GO DUKE!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 18th, 2010, 10:05 pm

DukePA wrote:Go AD and LG!! I was a slug last week too. I had a great workout Monday and was ready to workout Wednesday, but forgot my workout clothes and shoes :( I knew I wouldn't get to workout Thursday after working all day then volunteering that evening. Friday was out because I left work early to pick up my nephew then head to Duke for CTC.

Back on track today! I will get all my workouts in! And, heck yeah, I can feel it in my legs when I work out. You get measured once a month at Curves so I'll be jumping on the scales Wednesday for the first time since going back to Curves.

Yay Duke PA! Good luck at Curves on Wed! :duke: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 18th, 2010, 10:25 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
What do you think of Wii Fit Plus?
Wii Fit Plus is growing on me again. It's better than the original in that you can design and save workouts. There are a few new activities that are good but somewhat cheesy. I've been doing the island run, obstacle course, and rhythm parade quite a bit.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 18th, 2010, 10:28 pm

DukePA wrote:Go AD and LG!! I was a slug last week too. I had a great workout Monday and was ready to workout Wednesday, but forgot my workout clothes and shoes :( I knew I wouldn't get to workout Thursday after working all day then volunteering that evening. Friday was out because I left work early to pick up my nephew then head to Duke for CTC.

Keep up the good work, DPA! You can definitely get good results at Curves. Vibes for a happy outcome when you step on the scales. :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 19th, 2010, 8:35 pm

I'm too fired up to work out 'cause...
Rent is too damn high! 8-}
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 19th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Target exercise calories for this week: 936.

Did about 45 min of Cardio Dance, a game of Wii tennis (I beat a couple of level 2000 pros!), and an island run and an obstacle course on Wii Fit Plus.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 19th, 2010, 9:37 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Target exercise calories for this week: 936.

Did about 45 min of Cardio Dance, a game of Wii tennis (I beat a couple of level 2000 pros!), and an island run and an obstacle course on Wii Fit Plus.
Way to go, AD! :happy-bouncyblue:

I'm a slug tonight. Well, I'm a slug with a sore throat and clogged sinuses tonight. I've been pounding the OJ and Vitamin C, so hopefully this will be a passing thing.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 19th, 2010, 10:25 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Target exercise calories for this week: 936.

Way to go, AD! :happy-bouncyblue:

I'm a slug tonight. Well, I'm a slug with a sore throat and clogged sinuses tonight. I've been pounding the OJ and Vitamin C, so hopefully this will be a passing thing.
A workout might actually help to clear the sinuses. Almost always help Mrs. DD or me if we have a brisk walk with a bit of a head cold. Seriously.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 19th, 2010, 10:52 pm

DD, the dogs and I walked a mile tonight and it did help the sinuses. Not so much the throat though.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 20th, 2010, 11:37 am

Doctor said my wrist issue was more likely tendinitis than a ganglion cyst because the swelling wasn't discrete enough. So he shot my hand full of cortisone and something popped, which he said was likely an adhesion breaking up. The cortisone shot hurt a little; the popping really hurt.

Now my thumb is numb, as is the back of my hand. Hopefully this will help. At least for a while I have an excuse not to carry stuff.

He liked my Duke Law shirt (I researched him online and saw he had 2 Duke degrees and had done his orthopedic residency at Duke as well.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 20th, 2010, 1:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Doctor said my wrist issue was more likely tendinitis than a ganglion cyst because the swelling wasn't discrete enough. So he shot my hand full of cortisone and something popped, which he said was likely an adhesion breaking up. The cortisone shot hurt a little; the popping really hurt.

Now my thumb is numb, as is the back of my hand. Hopefully this will help. At least for a while I have an excuse not to carry stuff.

He liked my Duke Law shirt (I researched him online and saw he had 2 Duke degrees and had done his orthopedic residency at Duke as well.)
Really? Who is he?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 20th, 2010, 2:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Doctor said my wrist issue was more likely tendinitis than a ganglion cyst because the swelling wasn't discrete enough. So he shot my hand full of cortisone and something popped, which he said was likely an adhesion breaking up. The cortisone shot hurt a little; the popping really hurt.

Really? Who is he?
Charles Taft.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 20th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Vibes that this will help your hand/wrist. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 20th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Good you were well treated.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 20th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Did about 45 min of Cardio Dance this evening. I'm actually up to the advanced level for both latin dance and cardio boxing routines in the Gold's Gym Cardio Dance game. Pretty amazing, considering that I'm very uncoordinated. The trainer does a great job of generating routines that combine various levels of dance and boxing routines. Doesn't seem like I ever get the same combination of routines twice.
-- Albert Einstein