Duke vs Carolina

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Duke vs Carolina

Post by DukieInKansas » November 2nd, 2009, 3:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: The visitor sections in Kenan are all the way down at the open end of the stadium on the east side (I think it's the east side).
To be fair, that's where most are. That's basically the same area I sat at Wake and GT last year, and that's where our visitors get to set. Of course...our visitors can usually sit anywhere they want...maybe not next year so easily though. :D
That's where KU puts the visitors. If I sat looking straight ahead, I didn't even see the end zone - just bleachers. Fortunately, they had a big screen to watch. The seats did, however, allow me to listen to Coach address the team before they took the field to start the game and at half time. :)
Life is good!
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » November 2nd, 2009, 5:07 pm

Fallout from this weekends victory over Virginia: three Blue Devil players make ACC Players of the Week.

Congrats to Thad, Will and, Conner!

Whodathunkit?!? A duke kicker makes player of the week! (A sign of the coming apocalypse? :D)
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 2nd, 2009, 6:11 pm

Thanks for the post TNT. Its nice to see our guys in print this way.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 2nd, 2009, 6:32 pm

devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yay, got my seating confirmation from the ticket office, middle of section 101.
We gonna get any updates from DD'12?
I'll be in Section 100, perhaps mid way down.
I'll contact my "source" in the next day or two ;) :D .

Both of those sections sound like they are inside the dump on the hump. :roll: :((
Heh-heh. Guess who'll be joining y'all at the game...

Just sayin'....

There will be 3 of us and Ozzie damn well better be hoarse by the end of the game because we sure as heck plan on it...

;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 6:39 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: I'll be in Section 100, perhaps mid way down.

Both of those sections sound like they are inside the dump on the hump. :roll: :((

Just sayin'....

There will be 3 of us and Ozzie damn well better be hoarse by the end of the game because we sure as heck plan on it...

;)
Woooohooo!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 2nd, 2009, 8:00 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote: I'll be in Section 100, perhaps mid way down.

Just sayin'....

;)
Which section are you all in? 100? 101?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 2nd, 2009, 9:25 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Just sayin'....

;)
Which section are you all in? 100? 101?
Don't know yet. We'll get our passes from our daughter and have to go to will call, I assume. We haven't attended an away game yet with her comps. I've got CB&B's # so PM me yours and perhaps we can meet in Derm and carpool to the game and have a sammich and beverage together. We don't know who the 4th will be yet as we may take one of our daughter's friends.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TNTDevil

Post by TNTDevil » November 4th, 2009, 9:54 am

A prayer:

Oh Football Gods, we beseech thee, come to the aid of our beloved Duke Football Team this Saturday and assist in vanquishing the evil Turdheels on the gridiron. We ask for your loving hands to guide our team to victory and for the safety of all participants.

Amen

I just had to bring in the FGs as I've just had to schedule a follow-up appointment with my daughter's orthodontists. Both are HARD CORE Turdhole fans (like almost every dentist in this state), and nothing would be sweeter than to walk in the office rocking our Duke gear (which the entire family does for every dental/orthodontic visit) after a big win in Chapaheeya.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 4th, 2009, 1:56 pm

Aha! Chic-fil-a will be in the house Saturday! GO DUKE!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm

dukediv12, got a question for you. Is there any truth to the rumor going 'round that two people with camera equipment were caught yesterday in up in the trees near practice field? :evil: It's reported that one got away and the other claimed not to speak English and was released.

If this actually occurred, it's pretty good evidence that the rivalry is indeed alive and well... even the existence of such a rumor fits some of the antics of old associated with the week leading up to this game.

GO DUKE!!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 5th, 2009, 6:36 pm

The anticipation is killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling me!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAGH!!!! :-w :-w :!!
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » November 5th, 2009, 8:35 pm

CTNers-

I am sad to announce that I can no longer give this site information that hasn't already been released by the DUAA. Recently vital information has been leaked by someone inside and Coach Cutcliffe has asked everyone in the program to keep mouths shut and not to post anymore information in the public. I know this may sound a little extreme, but I do not want to damage my relationship with the program and especially Coach Cutcliffe. Duke Football is on the rise and I am excited about our chances for the postseason! May we all be supportive and helpful to the Duke Football team and cheer on our guys for the rest of the season.

dukediv2012
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 5th, 2009, 8:43 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:CTNers-

I am sad to announce that I can no longer give this site information that hasn't already been released by the DUAA. Recently vital information has been leaked by someone inside and Coach Cutcliffe has asked everyone in the program to keep mouths shut and not to post anymore information in the public. I know this may sound a little extreme, but I do not want to damage my relationship with the program and especially Coach Cutcliffe. Duke Football is on the rise and I am excited about our chances for the postseason! May we all be supportive and helpful to the Duke Football team and cheer on our guys for the rest of the season.

dukediv2012
I understand and though I'll miss the comments, I support the decision. The men's basketball program had to take some action along the same lines recently.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 5th, 2009, 8:45 pm

No worries dukediv, thanks so much for what you were able to tell us to date about the other games. Thanks also for doing the job you are doing, you're part of the success story that the fans don't get to see on Saturdays. Looking forward to a post win locker room report if you can do that, GO DUKE!!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 5th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Wear your 9F buttons Saturday. ;;)
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 5th, 2009, 9:24 pm

dukediv2012
Not extreme at all. Keep up the good work!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 5th, 2009, 9:58 pm

dukediv2012
Totally understand!!

Keep up the great work.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 6th, 2009, 9:29 am

dukediv2012 - thanks for the info you have been able to share. Totally understandable that Coach wants to limit info. We don't want anything to distract from preparing for the games. Thanks for your work for the team.

Let's go, Duke!

And Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell! for good measure.
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 6th, 2009, 9:56 am

Web link to WUNC's feature on Coach Cutcliffe this morning: http://wunc.org/programs/news/archive/N ... B.mp3/view
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 7th, 2009, 12:54 am

This article from the Miami Herald is very good:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colle ... 19144.html

It's Saturday afternoon in Japan, about 14.5 hours to kick-off, so I'm perusing the Internet and anxiously awaiting 0530 Sunday morning. Once Duke wins their fourth straight game by taking it to the Tar Heels, the GeorgiaTech game next week becomes huge. But first things first, one game at a time, Go Duke! Beat Carolina!

Bob