Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Planning and Attendance

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Planning and Attendance

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 12th, 2009, 4:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I can bring babyback ribs also. i think a rack is the whole pack. Let me how you want me to do the prep for grilling.

I will also make a carrot cake.

I will bring adult beverage & some soft drinks.
The carrot cake and drinks sound great. I would hold off on the ribs..between the chili and brisket that Ozzie is providing we have a pretty healthy menu. Plus we have yet to see TNT's offering..I've got some ideas for side dishes..luckily I have a while to think it over.
I will hold off on the ribs.

My new list:

carrot cake
baked beans
beer & some soft drinks
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 5:05 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:CB&B just posted a 130 PM KO for 10/24. Looks like another true Brunchgate. My guess is that the MBB exhibition that day will be TF, at about 530-6 PM range. Heck, we can start at about 8 AM, then have some brats between games and dessert after hoops ;) :D .
BBall is at 6:30, so that's about a 2 hour break between the two.
1:30 and 6:30 is about as great as we could have hoped for Brunchgate-wise! Breakfast and lunch can be served separately if we want, plus a post football appetizer! And lots of beverages :D
I guess for Ozzie that means BF at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 430 and dinner at 530. ;) :D

Does that change any menu plans or proceed along our current pathway of basically a lunch and then dinner/supper after the FB game?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 5:30 pm

devildeac wrote: Does that change any menu plans or proceed along our current pathway of basically a lunch and then dinner/supper after the FB game?
That makes sense..since we have the two hours, I'm thinking burgers as a fun option between games. There might be some chili/brisket left...but it won't surprise me if those are gone. I can bring the burger stuff. I put "stuff" in my burgers, they won't be the frozen bubba patties.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2009, 5:49 pm

devildeac wrote: Does that change any menu plans or proceed along our current pathway of basically a lunch and then dinner/supper after the FB game?
That makes sense..since we have the two hours, I'm thinking burgers as a fun option between games. There might be some chili/brisket left...but it won't surprise me if those are gone. I can bring the burger stuff. I put "stuff" in my burgers, they won't be the frozen bubba patties.
Stuff in burgers is good, but please, no mustard or mustard powder in them! At least not in a couple of them :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 12th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Well the Jiffy Oatmeal Crunch Squares were a hit with my kids and I shared them with my Mom (as a surprise for her birthday today) and she really enjoyed them also! So I will be making these and bringing them as a dessert snack! Still thinking about the other stuff!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 12th, 2009, 7:10 pm

wilson wrote:If Miles is making chili, then I'll make up a few loaves of corn bread...some with jalapenos, some without (Tilly, I'm assuming that your oven will be accessible...otherwise, I can bring pretty much everything).
I'm planning on bringing 12 beers to trade. Sweetwater has a nice ESB out right now, and I can bring that plus a sixer of, perhaps, one of the Atlanta Brewing Company offerings (they have a good Oktoberfest this year).
I'm really excited to finally partake of a Brunchgate, and of the march to our next bowl game!
Wilson, yes, my oven will be accessible for you. And, all my cookware so you can bake to your hearts content.

I'm going to bring a caramel/cream cheese dip and apple slices. Just bought Halloween cookie cutters and will try to make cookies.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Burgers sound great. Make one taste like MEAT LOAF , just for wilson :roll: ;) :D :)) =)) .
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 12th, 2009, 9:46 pm

devildeac wrote:
Burgers sound great. Make one taste like MEAT LOAF , just for wilson :roll: ;) :D :)) =)) .
If I end up with a meatloaf burger, I will barf on your shoes.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 12th, 2009, 9:51 pm

CUPCAKES!

I'm going to bring cupcakes and soft drinks. Someone is having a birthday the next week, and we'll celebrate his birthday at Brunchgate! 8-x
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2009, 12:31 pm

The latest info from Jacob Powers. Fits right in with our plans!
Tailgaters,

Hey everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed last weekend, I was in Ohio with my relatives (which are all buckeye fans) celebrating my father’s 50th birthday and would not let them watch their game. We had to watch Duke take it to NC State. Needless to say they are now all on the wagon for Duke Football!

Anyway I wanted to give you guys the update for next weekend. Kick-off is going to be at 1:30 and at 6:30 we have a basketball exhibition game. So the tents will be up and ready at 8 am like last time. We are also going to leave them up until 6:30. If the tents are not occupied after the game we will take them down early.

We really need everyone to be at their tailgate tents by the Team Walk. Coach was disappointed in the ones that didn’t show up last game. I need everyone in their tents by 11:00 am. Let’s show our team they did a great job vs. State and we are ready for them to beat Maryland.

Go Duke,

Jacob Powers
Director of Group Sales
Duke University-Athletics
(919)-684-9008
(919) 812-6919 cell

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 1:24 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The latest info from Jacob Powers. Fits right in with our plans!
Tailgaters,

Hey everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed last weekend, I was in Ohio with my relatives (which are all buckeye fans) celebrating my father’s 50th birthday and would not let them watch their game. We had to watch Duke take it to NC State. Needless to say they are now all on the wagon for Duke Football!

Anyway I wanted to give you guys the update for next weekend. Kick-off is going to be at 1:30 and at 6:30 we have a basketball exhibition game. So the tents will be up and ready at 8 am like last time. We are also going to leave them up until 6:30. If the tents are not occupied after the game we will take them down early.

We really need everyone to be at their tailgate tents by the Team Walk. Coach was disappointed in the ones that didn’t show up last game. I need everyone in their tents by 11:00 am. Let’s show our team they did a great job vs. State and we are ready for them to beat Maryland.

Go Duke,

Jacob Powers
Director of Group Sales
Duke University-Athletics
(919)-684-9008
(919) 812-6919 cell
I'm thinking we could use some breakfast foods if folks start making their entrances about 1030 AM or so. Bagels and cream cheese? Donuts? Fruit salad?
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » October 13th, 2009, 2:28 pm

What's up everyone? I am looking forward to Brunchgate for Maryland. We need to be at our best and in place for the BlueDevil walk. WadeWacko's Rule!

Ozzie, did Jacob say anything about drop-off passes for the Tailgate.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2009, 3:56 pm

CowboyDevil wrote:What's up everyone? I am looking forward to Brunchgate for Maryland. We need to be at our best and in place for the BlueDevil walk. WadeWacko's Rule!

Ozzie, did Jacob say anything about drop-off passes for the Tailgate.
Yes, he did. The idea was vetoed for this year [-x [-x :( :( :(

CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » October 13th, 2009, 5:08 pm

10-4. I guess we better arrive early. If you beat the Parking Natzee's you can drop off what ever is needed with no problem.

Heading home catch y'all later. Go Duke!!! GTHC...GTH!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Miles and wilson-your 6ers are ready!
8-x and CB&B-your 6ers are almost ready. They each need 2 more selections.

I think I made some solid choices, some of which you have never seen or tasted before :D .

I have a couple bombers to share from Clipper City. Check out their web site and try to figger out which ones :D . Perhaps one on 10/24 and one in November. :ar! :Pirate:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 15th, 2009, 3:32 pm

Merry and her husband Rob may be joining us at Brunchgate!

Hey Ima - Rob is a HUGE button maker! :D

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 17th, 2009, 2:48 pm

We'll be bringing Oriental Cole Slaw and raw, nekkid veggies and dip. Wait 'til you taste this slaw. :drool:

Oh, and a few :beer:.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 18th, 2009, 10:45 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Merry and her husband Rob may be joining us at Brunchgate!

Hey Ima - Rob is a HUGE button maker! :D
Great! Make sure I meet him, ok?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OldPhiKap
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by OldPhiKap » October 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

Y'all bring us home a victory!

I haven't been to a pigskin game since the Hall-O'-Fame Bowl on 1/1/95, but will see y'all at the Wake game this year. Let me know what to bring and where to hook up.

Whoever brings Turtle Soup this weekend, major props from OPK.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 19th, 2009, 9:20 am

Just ordered our brisket from Town Market in Princeton! They'll trim it really nice (get rid of the extra fat on the bottom, wish I could do that...) and Mrs. Ozzie will cook it on Wednesday, then I'll slice it on Thursday. Ymm! I can hardly wait! In fact, I may taste test it for dinner on Thursday night! :D