Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: How CTN has made me a wishy-washy sports fan

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 2:46 pm

CellR wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:So Miles, what team should make me think of you? Besides Duke.
Well, Miles is in Charlotte now so he could start rooting for the Punthers (sic) and the Bobcraps (sic). This year the NFL team is at the bottom of their conference so that fits his profile/criteria :roll: and the unc/NBA gang are typically bottom feeders, too, IIRC. Plus, being such a unc homer town, they deserve misery like that ;) :D.
Poor, poor G....
The only consolation is that at least larry brown realizes that G was well-coached and might even be expecting him to "run" the team a time or two based on the n&o article I read today.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » October 8th, 2009, 8:31 pm

But, back to THE SHOT....We were in Disneyworld w/the kids and although my daughter was pretty little, when she saw my son, my husband and I burst into tears, she did too and we all cried our way back over to the Magic Kingdom on the Princess Fairy Boat or some such nonsense where they accompanied their dear mamma and papa to the nearest Goofy Watering Hole where the hubby and I downed age appropriate beverages. Can't quite remember much more since we went mad on the Wonderland tea cups after that.
Ahhhh, memories....
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 8:35 pm

weezie wrote:But, back to THE SHOT....We were in Disneyworld w/the kids and although my daughter was pretty little, when she saw my son, my husband and I burst into tears, she did too and we all cried our way back over to the Magic Kingdom on the Princess Fairy Boat or some such nonsense where they accompanied their dear mamma and papa to the nearest Goofy Watering Hole where the hubby and I downed age appropriate beverages. Can't quite remember much more since we went mad on the Wonderland tea cups after that.
Ahhhh, memories....
That's awesome. I cry when I go to Disneyworld anyway, because I love it that flippin' much. Disneyworld + The Shot would doubtless have overloaded my circuits.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 8th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Don't be abusive, but I've always wanted to go Disney World and kept looking for it when I had to do a talk for a government conference a few years back and I COULD NOT FIND IT (Ya know the gate "like WELCOME YOU HAVE ARRIVED"...... only to find .... LATER.... IT WAS ALL AROUND ME... Talk about living a sheltered life.... Can someONE, please take ME THERE and show where everything IS so WE can enjoy what I have imagined is amazing? :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: