Need some help from my girl friends

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: Need some help from my girl friends

Post by DukeUsul » October 1st, 2009, 9:15 pm

bjornolf wrote:if she EVER sends me to buy unmentionables for my daughter, my little peanut is getting the biggest, most covering granny panties EVER made. She's been warned.

%%-
QFT
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 1st, 2009, 9:24 pm

When it was cold, my mom made me wear leggins when I was growing up. They were usually wool & lined. Back then, girls wore dresses. I didn't own a pair of jeans until I was in the 4th grade. Jeans were never worn to school . That started sometime after I finshed high school I can not imagine not wearing jeans/pants now.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 1st, 2009, 9:25 pm

I found leggings at Rugged Wearhouse in Greenville. I've also seen them at Target. That's where I shop for my stockings and tights. BTW, Chinese Laundry makes really cute tights, but they're hip hugger tights--not granny panty tights. I like for my tights and stockings to fit around my waist, not my hips. I guess that makes me old.

I went to Talbot's on Sunday, but I was shopping for twin sets. I'm not sure if they had leggings or not.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 1st, 2009, 9:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:I found leggings at Rugged Wearhouse in Greenville. I've also seen them at Target. That's where I shop for my stockings and tights. BTW, Chinese Laundry makes really cute tights, but they're hip hugger tights--not granny panty tights. I like for my tights and stockings to fit around my waist, not my hips. I guess that makes me old.

I went to Talbot's on Sunday, but I was shopping for twin sets. I'm not sure if they had leggings or not.
I checked Talbot's online, they don't have leggings. Will try Target tomorrow. Will also be in Talbot's to see what they have in the way of cute clothes.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 1st, 2009, 11:45 pm

701637_ESS.jpg
701637_ESS.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Here are the ones I bought today at J.Jill at Southpointe. Very comfortable. Also come in black. I think they were $39.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 2nd, 2009, 2:16 am

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I found leggings at Rugged Wearhouse in Greenville. I've also seen them at Target. That's where I shop for my stockings and tights. BTW, Chinese Laundry makes really cute tights, but they're hip hugger tights--not granny panty tights. I like for my tights and stockings to fit around my waist, not my hips. I guess that makes me old.

I checked Talbot's online, they don't have leggings. Will try Target tomorrow. Will also be in Talbot's to see what they have in the way of cute clothes.
I <3 Talbot's. I have an outlet 10 miles from me (gotta love a 70% discount.) My mom (in DC) has an outlet 10 miles from her. We've been known to go on the same day, then come home and compare what we found/bought. Scarily, we have gotten the same sweater on more than one occasion.

(BTW, how do you get the "lovestruck" emoticon? It shows up as a frowny face for me.)
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 2nd, 2009, 2:19 am

Oh, and sometimes Old Navy and/or Gap have leggings or tights. Availability is seasonal/sporadic, but if they're there, they're cheap.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 2nd, 2009, 7:59 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

I <3 Talbot's. I have an outlet 10 miles from me (gotta love a 70% discount.) My mom (in DC) has an outlet 10 miles from her. We've been known to go on the same day, then come home and compare what we found/bought. Scarily, we have gotten the same sweater on more than one occasion.

(BTW, how do you get the "lovestruck" emoticon? It shows up as a frowny face for me.)
I <3 shopping at Talbot's outlet. There is one in San Leandro, and I shopped there regularly when I lived in CA. Sadly, there isn't an outlet anywhere around here, but 8-x has been kind enough to take me to the Talbot's outlet in Springfield, VA. That's probably the Talbot's outlet near your mom, DA.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 8:02 am

I've kept reading this thread because it makes me feel like I've stumbled upon something I wasn't supposed to hear.
Somehow, I always thought that experience would be a bit more exciting. :-??
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 8:05 am

wilson wrote:I've kept reading this thread because it makes me feel like I've stumbled upon something I wasn't supposed to hear.

Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

Starting off - I still quest for a sports bra that keeps the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 2nd, 2009, 8:23 am

wilson wrote:I've kept reading this thread because it makes me feel like I've stumbled upon something I wasn't supposed to hear.
I concur.
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 8:23 am

windsor wrote:

Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

Starting off - I still quest for a sports bra that keeps the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits!
Well, that'll up the excitement quotient.
Be forewarned...I will keep reading this.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 2nd, 2009, 8:23 am

windsor wrote:Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

I prefer Champion sports bras. They really keep the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits.

Not sure if Windsor was serious about having a conversation about bras, but will be happy to share what I wear to help the girls look their best.

I too love the Talbot's outlets. Last December I shopped the on-line outlet for my trip to Hawaii, and spent about $125 on 4 pairs of capris, 2 skirts, and 1 shirt.

The year before that, I bought $1200 worth of clothes for $32. I was at the outlet, had a 30 or 40% off coupon, and a dividend check or two, plus their 70% off prices. Oh yeah! I <3 Talbot's outlet stores.

Whenever I visit my mom, we visit the Talbot's outlet in the Baltimore area. It's become a ritual.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 2nd, 2009, 8:26 am

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

I prefer Champion sports bras. They really keep the girls in check without squashing them into my arm pits.

Not sure if Windsor was serious about having a conversation about bras, but will be happy to share what I wear to help the girls look their best.

I too love the Talbot's outlets. Last December I shopped the on-line outlet for my trip to Hawaii, and spent about $125 on 4 pairs of capris, 2 skirts, and 1 shirt.

The year before that, I bought $1200 worth of clothes for $32. I was at the outlet, had a 30 or 40% off coupon, and a dividend check or two, plus their 70% off prices. Oh yeah! I <3 Talbot's outlet stores.

Whenever I visit my mom, we visit the Talbot's outlet in the Baltimore area. It's become a ritual.
I'm a big fan of outlet stores too. I frequent a couple of J. Crew outlets. Among the most beautiful sights in the world to me is walking into an outlet store and seeing "sale" signs everywhere. Discounted discounts are wonderful. It was in this fashion that, back in June, I scored three button-down shirts, three pairs of boxers, and three pairs of argyles for about $65 (or the original price of just one of the shirts).
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 2nd, 2009, 8:33 am

TillyGalore wrote:

I was totally serious - I don't think I've tried the Champion brand. Will definitely need to do that.

I am always on a quest for bras that fit, are comfy and keep the girls where they belong :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles

Post by Miles » October 2nd, 2009, 8:46 am

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

I was totally serious - I don't think I've tried the Champion brand. Will definitely need to do that.

I am always on a quest for bras that fit, are comfy and keep the girls where they belong :D
I'm rather fond of the Champion boxer-briefs. They wick away moisture and provide all the support of regular briefs, with twice the comfort.
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 2nd, 2009, 8:53 am

The best bras come from Land's End. It's kind of scary to buy a bra when you haven't tried it on, but theirs are so well-made that I've done it for years now.

Victoria's Secret bras are crap. So are the Wonder Bras.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 2nd, 2009, 8:54 am

CathyCA wrote: Victoria's Secret bras are crap. So are the Wonder Bras.
Neither are for women. ;)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 2nd, 2009, 8:57 am

CathyCA wrote:The best bras come from Land's End. It's kind of scary to buy a bra when you haven't tried it on, but theirs are so well-made that I've done it for years now.

Victoria's Secret bras are crap. So are the Wonder Bras.
I love my Victoria's Secret bras. They are the only bras I wear, expect when I'm wearing a sports bra.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 2nd, 2009, 8:59 am

windsor wrote: Ladies, let us begin discussing bras - brand - fit - support et al.

I am somewhat amused that you girls call your boobs "the girls". =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I do admire :D your quest for the perfect bra.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com