Something I've pondered..... any ideas?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Something I've pondered..... any ideas?

Post by cl15876 » September 18th, 2009, 11:02 am

EarlJam wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out!"
FYI - It was ME!

-EJ (and you are right about the "bull" theory}
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) 3:-O 3:-O 3:-O 3:-O :-bd :-bd :-bd ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 18th, 2009, 11:07 am

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
captmojo wrote:How do you suppose that humans first figured that they should attempt to eat Collard Greens?
People should not eat collard greens. I certainly don't.
Greens are yummy...
The smell they leave in a Nissan Altima is not. :ymblushing:
I concur! This was an acquired taste for me.... My dad used to cook Mustard greens up and they smelled so bad, I could never muster up the desire to eat them as nothing that smelled that bad could be good for you! Collards are a bit milder in aroma and cooked just right with some vinegar, OMG, I have to agree, YUMMY!!!!!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 18th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Miles wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote: quote="Lavabe"
People should not eat collard greens. I certainly don't. /quote
Greens are yummy...
The smell they leave in a Nissan Altima is not. :ymblushing:
The only yummy greens are spinach, most varieties of lettuce, beans (lima and string) and asparagus.
I eat lots of green vegetables. I like chopped spinach, I even like brussel sprouts, to go with beans, peas, broccoli, asparagus (although they make your pee smell vile when you eat them), lettuce and most of the rest. Just not collard or mustard greens - WAY too bitter for my taste.
Interesting point regarding the asparagus' affect on urine's odor: It is still unclear as to why asparagus changes the odor of urine, but there is some consensus that not everyone can detect this odor. Studies are showing that only 1 in 5 people can actually detect the odor. I'm not sure if that means the 20% are genetically the deficient, or if the other 80% of people are.

All that really matters is that I am detector. And I concur, the smell is vile.
There is some story about Babe Ruth at a fancy dinner and asparagus. My dad used to tell it - I'll have to track it down.
Life is good!