Welcome to DukeBlue252!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Welcome to DukeBlue252!

Post by Rolvix » September 10th, 2009, 9:25 pm

devildeac wrote:Welcome! CellR is in New Bern also and he likes to start trouble... :)) =))
I don't like to start trouble, it's just pretty much my job. Times are tough, and a jobs a job. :lol:

But anyways, I live in New Bern too! Trent Woods. (NBHS Senior)
Class of 2014
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 10th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Welcome 252!! I live in Emerald Isle and work in New Bern. Are you up for Brunchgating (known by the rest of the world as tailgating)?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Hey, 252!

I live in the 252 also! G-Vegas/Greenville/The Emerald City.

Welcome to CrazieTalk!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 10th, 2009, 10:54 pm

I lived in the 252 for a couple of years, though I maintained my 404 phone number throughout.
Welcome aboard!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2009, 10:58 pm

wilson wrote:I lived in the 252 for a couple of years, though I maintained my 404 phone number throughout.
Welcome aboard!
I still have my 408 cell. Work and home are 252.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 10th, 2009, 10:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:I still have my 408 cell. Work and home are 252.
Are those those weird kind of phones with, like, a cord? =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2009, 11:01 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I still have my 408 cell. Work and home are 252.
Are those those weird kind of phones with, like, a cord? =))
Yes, sort of. My office phone has a cord. I asked one of the secretaries to get me a longer cord so that I can walk around the office while I'm on the phone.

My home phones are cordless, but the main phone is plugged into the wall. Let's hear it for last century's technology! :ymparty:

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 10th, 2009, 11:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:My home phones are cordless, but the main phone is plugged into the wall. Let's hear it for last century's technology! :ymparty:
Remember when cordless phones had those enormous telescoping antennas that you had to pull out when you wanted to field a call?
And you could talk about fielding that call on "the cordless," since seemingly nobody had more than one cordless?
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 10th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Remember the good ole days when we all had cell phones like Zack Morris and his dad?

-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 10th, 2009, 11:20 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Remember the good ole days when we all had cell phones like Zack Morris and his dad?
You totally get a gold star in my book for mentioning Zack Morris.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 10th, 2009, 11:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Welcome 252! Notice how we tend to abreviate screen names? OK, here's a short test:

Identify the following posters by their full screen/posting name/definition
1)DD
2)DinK
3)DitBD
4)CLbunchofnumbers
5)CB&B
6)PW

I don't rate an abbreviation? What the fuck?!?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 11th, 2009, 12:18 am

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Welcome 252! Notice how we tend to abbreviate screen names? OK, here's a short test:

1)DD
2)DinK
3)DitBD
4)CLbunchofnumbers
5)CB&B
6)PW

I just picked a few off the top of my head. What fucking abbreviation would you like? :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 12:55 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Welcome 252! Notice how we tend to abbreviate screen names? OK, here's a short test:

1)DD
2)DinK
3)DitBD
4)CLbunchofnumbers
5)CB&B
6)PW

I just picked a few off the top of my head. What fucking abbreviation would you like? :ymdevil:

Great response! I damn near snarfed my coffee when I read it!

And I have no idea what abbreviation I would like, or if I would even like one. I was just screwing around when I posted that.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 12:58 am

Since it seems 252 surfed in here without any connection to that place over yonder, and others might do so as well, I'm thinking Wilson and I might have to get our asses in gear sometime soon and start working on that history of CTN we discussed in the other thread. Since our historical interests don't connect it will probably be the only historical work we ever collaborate on ;)
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 11th, 2009, 8:31 am

While you guys are working on an official version - 252 here is 'the least you need to know' and if you don't get something..ASK ( or just reply with :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? we love smilies here)

Over Yonder – Refers to the Duke Basketball Report site. Most of us wandered here from the off topic board over there

Rhymes with Dumbo (or similar) a reference to an unpopular (with this group anyway) moderator ‘over yonder’

PW – Post whoring – posting for the purpose of boosting post count numbers – frowned upon over yonder – an art form over here

Drafting – following behind someone who is PWing replying to their posts

Shin Kicking – The ladies of CTN are a feisty bunch and will channel our playground personna to kick the shins of anyone who is deserving

Brunchgate – The gathering of those who are in the vicinity prior to Duke home football games.

Vibes/Vibing – sending good thoughts/good energy/prayers to fellow CTNers (uh…CrazieTalk.Net) in need. Vibes can be requested for darn near anything…finding you child’s treasured stuff elephant (elfant)…illness...unemployment…any of the trials of life

LTE 2.0 – Longest Thread Ever, was first started ‘Over Yonder’ and when we recreated it here it became 2.0

Lasers – from an Over Yonder April Fools day joke that involved killing lemurs in Duke forest (who had escaped from the Lemur center) with lasers. Many here found if very Unfunny.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 8:37 am

windsor wrote:While you guys are working on an official version - 252 here is 'the least you need to know' and if you don't get something..ASK ( or just reply with :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? we love smilies here)

Over Yonder – Refers to the Duke Basketball Report site. Most of us wandered here from the off topic board over there

Rhymes with Dumbo (or similar) a reference to an unpopular (with this group anyway) moderator ‘over yonder’

PW – Post whoring – posting for the purpose of boosting post count numbers – frowned upon over yonder – an art form over here

Shin Kicking – The ladies of CTN are a feisty bunch and will channel our playground personna to kick the shins of anyone who is deserving

Brunchgate – The gathering of those who are in the vicinity prior to Duke home football games.

Vibes/Vibing – sending good thoughts/good energy/prayers to fellow CTNers (uh…CrazieTalk.Net) in need. Vibes can be requested for darn near anything…finding you child’s treasured stuff elephant (elfant)…illness...unemployment…any of the trials of life

LTE 2.0 – Longest Thread Ever, was first started ‘Over Yonder’ and when we recreated it here it became 2.0

Lasers – from an Over Yonder April Fools day joke that involved killing lemurs in Duke forest (who had escaped from the Lemur center) with lasers. Many here found if very Unfunny.
good summary. Thanks.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 11th, 2009, 9:13 am

devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote:While you guys are working on an official version - 252 here is 'the least you need to know' and if you don't get something..ASK ( or just reply with :-?? :-?? :-?? :-?? we love smilies here)

good summary. Thanks.
And you only gave away the answer to the trick question (PW) in my quiz. :roll: :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 11th, 2009, 10:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:

1)DD
2)DinK
3)DitBD
4)CLbunchofnumbers
5)CB&B
6)PW

I was thinking "BJ" for me, but that has some bad connotations I guess. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 10:05 am

bjornolf wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

1)DD
2)DinK
3)DitBD
4)CLbunchofnumbers
5)CB&B
6)PW

I was thinking "BJ" for me, but that has some bad connotations I guess. ;)

%%-
Ya think? ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles

Post by Miles » September 11th, 2009, 10:58 am

I spent a better part of my formative years in Havelock. It was 919 back then, but I was there for the big transition to 252 :-p

Welcome aboard 252!
sMiles