Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Ymm, tennis

Post by Miles » September 14th, 2009, 8:25 pm

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:
Miles wrote:Anybody watching Federer and Del Potro? Exciting match!
For the first time that I can remember, Federer looks really tired. Not going for some shots that he would normally go after. And below 50 percent on first serves????? Missing shots by one foot or more wide?

Very abnormal for the robot from Sweden.

-EarlJam (a Federer fan)
This is indeed a damn good match, and EarlJam, I agree with your assessment of Roger. I also share your sentiments about him. I also think that whether or not you like him, you have to afford him the respect due a transcendent champion.
I respect his prowess. Man has just been a machine. But his earlier display has all but sealed the deal for me. He's an asshole.

Congrats to Del Potro and that wicked forehand.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Ymm, tennis

Post by Lavabe » September 14th, 2009, 8:52 pm

EarlJam wrote:
wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:This is indeed a damn good match, and EarlJam, I agree with your assessment of Roger. I also share your sentiments about him. I also think that whether or not you like him, you have to afford him the respect due a transcendent champion.
That said, I generally root against him, in the interest of new blood if nothing else.

You are about to get your wish. Congrats to Del Potro.

Federer's wasted.
According to ILJ, CNNSI initially reported that Federer won it. That was at around 830PM or so. It's been reported accurately since I've looked there. If it's true that they misreported it, WHAT A GAFFE!!

It was neat to see Vilas there.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.