Christmas

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Christmas

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 8th, 2009, 11:00 pm

weezie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Christmas! I love that holiday! I finally have all of my Christmas decorations, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas. I can't wait to shop for my kids' gifts. I can't wait to cook and bake for Christmas. I love the songs, I love the parties, I love the church services! I love Christmas!

But first: Halloween! I'm looking forward to decorating for Halloween in three and a half weeks!
Heck, I've already started buying gifts for Christmas...ain't I a pain?! :D
Must you rub it in? :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 7:38 am

Oh, man, my wife is ROYALLY upset if all our Christmas shopping isn't done by Veterans' Day, but it's usually done by Halloween.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 8:00 am

weezie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Christmas! I love that holiday! I finally have all of my Christmas decorations, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas. I can't wait to shop for my kids' gifts. I can't wait to cook and bake for Christmas. I love the songs, I love the parties, I love the church services! I love Christmas!

But first: Halloween! I'm looking forward to decorating for Halloween in three and a half weeks!
Heck, I've already started buying gifts for Christmas...ain't I a pain?! :D

:ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 11:42 am

bjornolf wrote:Oh, man, my wife is ROYALLY upset if all our Christmas shopping isn't done by Veterans' Day, but it's usually done by Halloween.

%%-
I very intentionally wait until December to do my Christmas shopping...one more excuse to hear the snow crunch, watch the kids bunch. I mean, come on people...this is Santa's big scene!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 12:55 pm

wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Oh, man, my wife is ROYALLY upset if all our Christmas shopping isn't done by Veterans' Day, but it's usually done by Halloween.

%%-
I very intentionally wait until December to do my Christmas shopping...one more excuse to hear the snow crunch, watch the kids bunch. I mean, come on people...this is Santa's big scene!
Snow crunch? In Hotlanta? How often does that happen?

I love Christmas!
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 1:01 pm

wilson wrote:

%%-

as the shoppers rush home with their treasures...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 1:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:

%%-

I love Christmas!
See windsor's response...she's on the right track.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » September 9th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Is it bad that I find Christmas season both pleasurable and an annoyance?
What I mean by that is that it is pleasurable because people seem more open, friendly and all that jazz during that time of year, but also an annoyance because between January 1st and say Thanksgiving, the same friendly, kissie kissie type become true assholes once again or until the next holiday season comes by.

Maybe it's just my OFS (Old Farts Syndrome) that flairs up around that time. :D
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 1:27 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote: quote="bjornolf" Oh, man, my wife is ROYALLY upset if all our Christmas shopping isn't done by Veterans' Day, but it's usually done by Halloween.

%%- /quote I very intentionally wait until December to do my Christmas shopping...one more excuse to hear the snow crunch, watch the kids bunch. I mean, come on people...this is Santa's big scene!

I love Christmas!
See windsor's response...she's on the right track.
But wouldn't city sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style be more appropriate for Hotlanta?
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 1:28 pm

knights68 wrote:Is it bad that I find Christmas season both pleasurable and an annoyance?
What I mean by that is that it is pleasurable because people seem more open, friendly and all that jazz during that time of year, but also an annoyance because between January 1st and say Thanksgiving, the same friendly, kissie kissie type become true assholes once again or until the next holiday season comes by.

Maybe it's just my OFS (Old Farts Syndrome) that flairs up around that time. :D
I don't know, some people are even grumpier during the silly season.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 1:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:See windsor's response...she's on the right track.
But wouldn't city sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style be more appropriate for Hotlanta?
Probably, but I really needed a verb phrase rather than a subject clause to preserve the euphony of my response.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I have to concur!!!! One of my favorites for all the reasons you cited!!! :-bd
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Did someone say CHRISTMAS ?!?!?!
smallXmas 07 004.jpg
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 2:41 pm

When you live where there is no snow, sometimes you get carried away.......
smallPanoramic House.JPG
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 2:49 pm

My Christmas picture is definitively the best. I'm sorry to be so blunt and dismissive, but I just totally win.
Christmas '84, me on the left.
Christmas '84.jpg
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 4:21 pm

wilson wrote:My Christmas picture is definitively the best. I'm sorry to be so blunt and dismissive, but I just totally win.
Christmas '84.jpg
What, did the Duke and Duchess just tell Little Lord Fauntleroy that Reagan had been re-elected? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 4:23 pm

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:My Christmas picture is definitively the best. I'm sorry to be so blunt and dismissive, but I just totally win.
Christmas '84.jpg
What, did the Duke and Duchess just tell Little Lord Fauntleroy that Reagan had been re-elected? ;)

%%-
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

now cleaning off monitor from beverage spew......
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 4:29 pm

I love the picture. Admit it, Wilson, you'd just opened your first NES, right?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Christmas '84.jpg
I have to agree. I love this picture. I wonder if anyone would notice if I stuck in a frame and displayed it over the Christmas holiday season?
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 7:06 pm

bjornolf wrote:I love the picture. Admit it, Wilson, you'd just opened your first NES, right?

%%-
It was taken before the gifts...before church on Christmas Eve.