Okay...some YBT news

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Okay...some YBT news

Post by Turk » August 27th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Congrats!! Good luck with the assorted logistics, and hope the kitties like it...

I've heard about Cincinnati chili but have never had it. (More to it than just serving over spaghetti, no?)

And I hope you don't mind a gentle reminder that just because you move to a new city does NOT mean you have to root for the teams in that city. What if you had to move to Chappaheel? :ymsick: ~x( [-x
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 27th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Fabulous news. Congrats. Lavabe will be expecting a delivery of an assortment of brews from the Great Lakes Brewing Company by mid-October. :oops: :roll: :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 10:57 pm

devildeac wrote:Fabulous news. Congrats. Lavabe will be expecting a delivery of an assortment of brews from the Great Lakes Brewing Company by mid-October. :oops: :roll: :)) =))
As long as he has them before his BG visit. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 27th, 2009, 11:44 pm

NO!!!! Don't leave me!!!! :(( :(( :(( :((

Oh, all right, but I'm going to miss you.

My dad grew up a Cincinnati Reds fan, closest team to his hometown of Huntington, WV. My first ever MLB game was at Riverfront. George Foster hit a home run. And of course, there's Nick Clooney. Does he still have a local TV show?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 27th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Congratulations, YBT! I hope the kitty move goes smoothly.

Cincy puts you closer to KS if you want to try to come for the 9/19 game!
Life is good!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 28th, 2009, 2:16 am

Hey Ymo,

Congrats on the new gig! Hope the salary's better, and the cost of living less! :D

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving the East Coast - I want to get back there some day, but Cincy seems pretty decent for a midwestern (with a tinge of southern) town. We've got some classmates near there, IIRC.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 28th, 2009, 7:38 am

Congratulations!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 28th, 2009, 8:01 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Fabulous news. Congrats. Lavabe will be expecting a delivery of an assortment of brews from the Great Lakes Brewing Company by mid-October. :oops: :roll: :)) =))
As long as he has them before his BG visit. :D
I already have PLENTY of access to the full assortment of bottled brews by the Great Lakes folks. =p~

Now, as for Tony Packo's... :ympray:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » August 28th, 2009, 8:07 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I've been scrambling around for the last couple days because something happened to me. I got a new job, one that is located many miles from my current location. I've kept the whole process on the DL...but I finally got the offer I was looking for and resigned on Monday. The job is a good one with a much larger insurance carrier but it is because of personal reasons that I am making this change.

But the real implication is that I am going from the Red Sox to the Reds... :(

I've told my cats and they seem indifferent...for now.
WOW, congrats!
Ignore the aspects of Red Sox to Reds, you are true blue, deep down, and that is all that matters! :lol:
Besides, blue and red make the color purple.... royalty donchakno? ^:)^
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 28th, 2009, 9:25 am

Congrats YBT! I used to visit the good folks at P&G quite frequently and really enjoyed Cincinnati every time I visited. Hope that you enjoy the new digs and settle in quickly.

As far as cats go, they're all different. Mine were pretty miserable on the cross-country drive from Charlotte to San Diego. It was so bad that I flew them home when I moved back to NC. That proved to suck royally because I had a layover in Atlanta, where the cats were kenneled, then lost for a few hours, then flown to Charlotte without me, whereupon I find Septimus seriously dehydrated and delirious. Both options suck for my cats. In the future, I will take them by car and just deal with it.

Also, my vet and many others strongly urge NOT to give any sedatives to cats if they must fly.

Good luck to you!
sMiles
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 28th, 2009, 10:32 am

Let me clarify Chloe + drugs. The vet wasn't a fan but said I could give her Benadryl- about 1 mg for every lb she weighed. It works, though I found that a little less was better for her. And, pill form only- no liquid.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 28th, 2009, 12:56 pm

I was curious what drugs were being mentioned.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I was curious what drugs were being mentioned.
My cats would've preferred medical marijuana. Unfortunately California wasn't THAT progressive.
sMiles
weezie

Post by weezie » August 28th, 2009, 3:02 pm

YmoBeThere wrote: But the real implication is that I am going from the Red Sox to the Reds... :(
Congrats on the job stuff, etc, but this move from the exciting AL to the snoozy NL is really bad news. You have my sympathies. Ugh, what a shame. Speaking as the "Most Excellent Detroit Tigers Fan" outside of the City of Detroit, I send you my condolences and suggest you get signed up for Directv in your new abode, asap.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 28th, 2009, 3:29 pm

weezie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote: But the real implication is that I am going from the Red Sox to the Reds... :(
Congrats on the job stuff, etc, but this move from the exciting AL to the snoozy NL is really bad news.
Please. The Senior Circuit is where we still play real baseball...not that homer-happy, 10-8 crap.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 28th, 2009, 3:30 pm

wilson wrote:
weezie wrote:
Congrats on the job stuff, etc, but this move from the exciting AL to the snoozy NL is really bad news.
Please. The Senior Circuit is where we still play real baseball...not that homer-happy, 10-8 crap.
Can anyone tell me where the DH stands on the field when his team is fielding? I don't like the DH rule - it changes the game.
Life is good!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 28th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Sue71 wrote:Let me clarify Chloe + drugs. The vet wasn't a fan but said I could give her Benadryl- about 1 mg for every lb she weighed. It works, though I found that a little less was better for her. And, pill form only- no liquid.
Your cat is named Chloe as well? We got a cat in April, and after a few weeks of debating, we decided to call her Chloe. Although she is still "Leaping Bear" to my friends. :lol:
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 28th, 2009, 7:55 pm

CellR wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Let me clarify Chloe + drugs. The vet wasn't a fan but said I could give her Benadryl- about 1 mg for every lb she weighed. It works, though I found that a little less was better for her. And, pill form only- no liquid.
Your cat is named Chloe as well? We got a cat in April, and after a few weeks of debating, we decided to call her Chloe. Although she is still "Leaping Bear" to my friends. :lol:
Among my very favorite pet names ever is that of my friend Laura's cat. His name is Steve. I just think that's hilarious.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 28th, 2009, 7:58 pm

CellR wrote:
Chloe's true name is SATAN. Little freaking devil. She must have more than 9 lives. :ymdevil:

But she is mommy's little girl.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 29th, 2009, 7:05 am

Grant and Kelly or G+K for short.

And yes, that Grant.