WE NOW HAVE A CHAT ROOM!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: WE NOW HAVE A CHAT ROOM!!!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 26th, 2009, 8:53 pm

devildeac wrote: (nothing outlandish or embarrassing. It was actually kinda funny and dumb/stupid and, in the true DBR sense, highly hypocritical)
It was sadly funny. On both parties parts.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » August 26th, 2009, 9:27 pm

It's great!!!! I think everyone will enjoy themselves. But, we need a cool name for the room. Let's not rush into naming it too quickly..something catchy....
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 26th, 2009, 9:35 pm

It might also be cool if there were a way to see, on the boards, if the member was logged into chat.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 26th, 2009, 9:42 pm

captmojo wrote:It might also be cool if there were a way to see, on the boards, if the member was logged into chat.
I was thinking that too. I know it can be done, because we can display who's online, and the databases are shared. I don't know how to do it yet, but it's just a matter of editing a function to include shared variables.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 26th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Major league thanks for the chat room. Just tried it out. Oh yeah... different emoticons from what we have here!!

GREAT job!! :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 26th, 2009, 10:21 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Pretty cool stuff in there, play around. You can change your display name, but you still are you. Each forum has it's own room, so during games we can be in the football or basketball rooms, and people can be in the public room as well. You can also make private rooms. For all you kinky people. :ymdevil:
BONES and Cathy will like the private room feature... :oops: :roll:

That way they can't get thrown out of chat like someone did last BB season(cough, cough) :roll:

:)) :)) =)) =))
As moderator, aren't you the bouncer? :)) =)) =)) :)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Turk

Post by Turk » August 27th, 2009, 1:17 am

My question is how many PW people will paste their chat sessions onto LTE or one of the other threads to boost their post counts?
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 27th, 2009, 2:01 am

Turk wrote:My question is how many PW people will paste their chat sessions onto LTE or one of the other threads to boost their post counts?

Yeah, we should outlaw cheating...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 27th, 2009, 5:16 am

Turk wrote:My question is how many PW people will paste their chat sessions onto LTE or one of the other threads to boost their post counts?

Truly a great idea...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 27th, 2009, 6:05 am

How long before we paste and use the new CHAT emoticons over here in Our House? :-bd
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 27th, 2009, 2:48 pm

I just logged in there to check it out (no surprise that nobody was in there during the work day) and what a great feature! Awesome job . . . but so much for our collective productivity ;)

It should, however, make things easier the next time we all decide to coordinate having a drink together online!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 27th, 2009, 2:53 pm

colchar wrote:I just logged in there to check it out (no surprise that nobody was in there during the work day) and what a great feature! Awesome job . . . but so much for our collective productivity ;)

It should, however, make things easier the next time we all decide to coordinate having a drink together online!
I am there now.
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 27th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Miles wrote:
colchar wrote:I just logged in there to check it out (no surprise that nobody was in there during the work day) and what a great feature! Awesome job . . . but so much for our collective productivity ;)

I am there now.
I hope you're not having a drink there by yourself in the middle of the workday. You should only be drinking there by yourself after hours...
-- DukeUsul
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » August 27th, 2009, 3:32 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Miles wrote:

I am there now.
I hope you're not having a drink there by yourself in the middle of the workday. You should only be drinking there by yourself after hours...
Depends on the workday. ;)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 27th, 2009, 3:35 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Miles wrote:

I am there now.
How did you know?
sMiles