BC @ Duke, 3:30PM KO. Social Discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: BC @ Duke, 3:30PM KO. Social Discussion

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2015, 7:53 am

I think we need a "practice" tailgate on 10/17 so the TB'CC doesn't get soft/out of shape on us with 4 weeks off ;) .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 5th, 2015, 8:26 am

devildeac wrote:I think we need a "practice" tailgate on 10/17 so the TB'CC doesn't get soft/out of shape on us with 4 weeks off ;) .
We'll be setting up camp in Rocky Mount for a cookoff this weekend, so we'll be practiced. (And very much looking forward to a couple weekends off afterwards. :D )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » October 7th, 2015, 4:30 pm

A lot of you saw this on Facebook, but the coolest thing happened at the game. During the tailgate, I saw a woman walk by who looked familiar, but once I realized who she looked like, I thought I must have been mistaken, because why on earth would one of my kids' teachers from our old school in NJ have been in Durham at a football game? Then I heard the announcer say a familiar last name during the game, and I looked up the player, and he's from Hamilton, NJ! So it turns out it WAS who I thought it was, and her son plays for BC. During halftime, I walked over to the BC section and found her...what a small world!
2015-10-03 17.12.49.jpg
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 7th, 2015, 5:45 pm

gadzooks wrote:A lot of you saw this on Facebook, but the coolest thing happened at the game. During the tailgate, I saw a woman walk by who looked familiar, but once I realized who she looked like, I thought I must have been mistaken, because why on earth would one of my kids' teachers from our old school in NJ have been in Durham at a football game? Then I heard the announcer say a familiar last name during the game, and I looked up the player, and he's from Hamilton, NJ! So it turns out it WAS who I thought it was, and her son plays for BC. During halftime, I walked over to the BC section and found her...what a small world!
2015-10-03 17.12.49.jpg
That is cool. I really enjoyed meeting you and the family. The boys are so cute and very well behaved. The dip.....awesome.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2015, 8:01 am

I love small world stories! :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.