What are you cooking?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What are you cooking?

Post by devildeac » May 25th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Cheeseburgers, Caesar salad, Breyer's ice cream, Sam Adams single hop IPAs. Of course, the salad and beers will be served chilled and the ice cream frozen :p .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 25th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Cheese burgers, potato salad and coleslaw. Chocolate cake for desert.
Also tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, marinated with olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 25th, 2015, 4:07 pm

We're going to the almost new Char Bar 7 restaurant here in Greensboro. It opened in late March and we've been waiting for them to get past the opening rush. Tonight's the night. There is another one in Charlotte. They serve burgers and steaks, and probably other stuff too. I'll let you know what I think of it later. :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 25th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Chicken on the grill, fresh corn, green beans, and key lime pie for the Rev Lawgrad and me. Stepdaughter Melody the Gullible has decided to be vegan (she was told that most dogs she grooms at Petsmart have worms, so she probably got worms from the dogs, and the way to get rid of them is not to ingest any meat, chicken, dairy, etc.) is having Boca burgers and whatever other things pass her worm-free diet. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 25th, 2015, 8:10 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:We're going to the almost new Char Bar 7 restaurant here in Greensboro. It opened in late March and we've been waiting for them to get past the opening rush. Tonight's the night. There is another one in Charlotte. They serve burgers and steaks, and probably other stuff too. I'll let you know what I think of it later. :9f:
It was very good. I had the "Elbow to Elbow" burger. large burger, pastrami, salami, cheese, sauce, grilled onions, and I had them add sauteed mushrooms, all on a pretzel bun. Very good, and very sloppy!

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 25th, 2015, 8:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:We're going to the almost new Char Bar 7 restaurant here in Greensboro. It opened in late March and we've been waiting for them to get past the opening rush. Tonight's the night. There is another one in Charlotte. They serve burgers and steaks, and probably other stuff too. I'll let you know what I think of it later. :9f:
It was very good. I had the "Elbow to Elbow" burger. large burger, pastrami, salami, cheese, sauce, grilled onions, and I had them add sauteed mushrooms, all on a pretzel bun. Very good, and very sloppy!
Where is it located? And when will you go back so we can meet you?
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 25th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, and baked beans.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 26th, 2015, 6:34 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Where is it located? And when will you go back so we can meet you?
It's on Lawndale Dr. at Martinsville, just north of Pisgah Church Rd. in the Fresh Market shopping center. The space had been vacant for years. Don't know when I'll go back again. (Caution: danger of Devildeac starting a song lyric thread here!)

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » May 26th, 2015, 10:09 am

Bob Green wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Crock pot pulled pork was wonderful here yesterday -
How much, and what type, liquid went into the crock pot? I like crock pot cooking.

https://allthecooks.com/@rrouland/dr-pe ... 57TGx88QYn

Easy & delicious. We put it on buns with cole slaw!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 26th, 2015, 11:46 am

Ymmm! Jon cooked pizza on the grill this weekend. It was yummy!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 26th, 2015, 11:48 am

Yesterday, I made a seafood casserole with shrimp, crabmeat, Italian seasoned croutons, cheese, cream and lots of butter. I served it with a green salad topped with bacon and some home-baked bread.

My guys loved it!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 26th, 2015, 12:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:Yesterday, I made a seafood casserole with shrimp, crabmeat, Italian seasoned croutons, cheese, cream and lots of butter. I served it with a green salad topped with bacon and some home-baked bread.

My guys loved it!
would you share the recipe please?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 26th, 2015, 12:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:Yesterday, I made a seafood casserole with shrimp, crabmeat, Italian seasoned croutons, cheese, cream and lots of butter. I served it with a green salad topped with bacon and some home-baked bread.

My guys loved it!
So will your "other" guys! Bring it to a tailgate this year! Btw, still waiting for a return email from you about TB'CC this year :D :9f:

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 26th, 2015, 2:20 pm

IowaDevil wrote:

My guys loved it!
Oh my. I just made it up as I went along. You may wish to adjust ingredients as you put this thing together.

1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (I used 1 bag of Harris-Teeter frozen shrimp)
12 ounces crab meat, drained (I used 2 cans of Chicken of the Sea white crabmeat)
3 cups of croutons (I cut up bread with scissors, throw in some Italian seasonings (1-2 Tablespoons) and butter (1 stick) and microwave it)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Kraft 5-cheese Italian)
1/4 cup cream (or sour cream)
3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Make the croutons first. Then, mix in the shrimp and crab meat, cheese, cream, eggs and salt and pepper. Spread in a buttered casserole dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the casserole gets bubbly.

If you'd like, you could saute some onions, green peppers, mushrooms and/or garlic in butter to add to this recipe.

Use your imagination! Fresh ingredients would work better, but since I don't live at the beach, I use stuff from the freezer and pantry.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 26th, 2015, 2:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

My guys loved it!
So will your "other" guys! Bring it to a tailgate this year! Btw, still waiting for a return email from you about TB'CC this year :D :9f:
Yes, we're in! I'll send you an email.

~ James Naismith
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » May 26th, 2015, 3:45 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
https://allthecooks.com/@rrouland/dr-pe ... 57TGx88QYn

Easy & delicious. We put it on buns with cole slaw!
Thank you! This is a fun thread.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 27th, 2015, 7:00 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

My guys loved it!
Yes, we're in! I'll send you an email.

Got it!

VDB and Donna, we haven't heard from y'all yet! :9f:

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » May 27th, 2015, 8:37 am

Everything sounded so delicious !
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 27th, 2015, 8:55 am

CathyCA wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:

My guys loved it!
Oh my. I just made it up as I went along. You may wish to adjust ingredients as you put this thing together.

1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (I used 1 bag of Harris-Teeter frozen shrimp)
12 ounces crab meat, drained (I used 2 cans of Chicken of the Sea white crabmeat)
3 cups of croutons (I cut up bread with scissors, throw in some Italian seasonings (1-2 Tablespoons) and butter (1 stick) and microwave it)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Kraft 5-cheese Italian)
1/4 cup cream (or sour cream)
3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Make the croutons first. Then, mix in the shrimp and crab meat, cheese, cream, eggs and salt and pepper. Spread in a buttered casserole dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the casserole gets bubbly.

If you'd like, you could saute some onions, green peppers, mushrooms and/or garlic in butter to add to this recipe.

Use your imagination! Fresh ingredients would work better, but since I don't live at the beach, I use stuff from the freezer and pantry.

Yum! Can't wait to try this - am sure it'll be a hit at our house! Thanks for sharing
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 27th, 2015, 8:57 am

I Agree - this thread is fun! What's for dinner at your house tonight?