WFU @ Duke. 7PM KO. Menu (TBD) & Attendance.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: WFU @ Duke. 7PM KO. Menu (TBD) & Attendance.

Post by Bob Green » November 28th, 2014, 6:37 pm

devildeac wrote:You can bet your arse he's gonna bring a good beer.
I picked up a bottle of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier to share during tomorrow's tasting. It gets a good review here:

http://www.germanbeerguide.co.uk/hefeweiz.html
To compare the relative merits of some Weissbiers I organised a blind tasting with Bob Thompson, a big Weissbier fan. We sampled nine beers without knowing which was which, giving them marks out of ten for nose, taste and finish. Our clear favourite was Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier (score: 9, 9, 8.5), which had a rich, banana-clove, toffee-butter nose and and was a gorgeous, juicy rich mouthful of spicy banana, with a very spicy, dry finish in which the clove flavour was even more prominent. Superb! The standard to which Weissbiers should aspire.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 28th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Bob Green wrote:
I picked up a bottle of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier to share during tomorrow's tasting. It gets a good review here:

To compare the relative merits of some Weissbiers I organised a blind tasting with Bob Thompson, a big Weissbier fan. We sampled nine beers without knowing which was which, giving them marks out of ten for nose, taste and finish. Our clear favourite was Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier (score: 9, 9, 8.5), which had a rich, banana-clove, toffee-butter nose and and was a gorgeous, juicy rich mouthful of spicy banana, with a very spicy, dry finish in which the clove flavour was even more prominent. Superb! The standard to which Weissbiers should aspire.
Sounds great, Bob. Don't let TNT know as he'll want the first pouring, the last sample and everything in-between, knowing his fondness for German beers. :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 28th, 2014, 10:59 pm

My brother and his wife decided that it's too cold to sit out at Wally Wade to watch football tomorrow night. My mom decided that it was too cold for her to go to the game, too. Jon and I made the decision to try to stay as healthy as possible over the next two weeks, so we're not going to sit outside during the game in the cold night air tomorrow.

Therefore, our attendance is down to 0.

I'll look for all of you on TV! Have fun!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2014, 12:16 am

Tomorrow night will not be near as cold as it was tonight at the JK game. It was 30 degrees. JK won their 4th game of the play offs, 22 to 14. :happy-bouncyblue: Max's long snaps were perfect :happy-bouncyblue: There are 6 games, total. The next game will be tougher. We play Wallace Rosehill. The only game we lost this year was to then. Go JK!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2014, 12:23 am

CathyCA wrote:My brother and his wife decided that it's too cold to sit out at Wally Wade to watch football tomorrow night. My mom decided that it was too cold for her to go to the game, too. Jon and I made the decision to try to stay as healthy as possible over the next two weeks, so we're not going to sit outside during the game in the cold night air tomorrow.

Therefore, our attendance is down to 0.

I'll look for all of you on TV! Have fun!

:9f:
I will miss you and Kathrine. :ymhug:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 29th, 2014, 12:32 am

Bob Green wrote:

Oooh! The big ass beer that starts with a "W!"
chipslate
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by chipslate » November 29th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Unfortunately we're not going to make it either. Go Duke!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2014, 11:53 pm

chipslate wrote:Unfortunately we're not going to make it either. Go Duke!
yo

We missed you both! :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Thank you Chris, Tim Ronnie. Our tailgates were wonderful. I will truly miss everyone. :ymhug:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » November 30th, 2014, 6:36 am

Thank you very much to everyone who works so hard making the TBCC tailgate a success. You guys are appreciated!