Carmax commercials...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Carmax commercials...

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:51 pm

bjornolf wrote:Nevermind, I guess they found them here.

http://www.dumblaws.com/

Find some of your favorites and post them here! I like that it's illegal in Idaho to give your sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than 50 pounds. There must be some BIG women in Idaho! ;)

%%-
From the website - in Kansas, Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats. Guess Jimmy Carter is lucky he didn't encounter his swimming rabbit in Kansas.

I would argue that the following law in my city is not a dumb law: One may not picket a funeral. Given the close proximity to the stupid group in Topeka, this is a good law. Actually, this group is the reason the law exists - passed in 1993.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
I would argue that the following law in my city is not a dumb law: One may not picket a funeral. Given the close proximity to the stupid group in Topeka, this is a good law. Actually, this group is the reason the law exists - passed in 1993.
Those people are among the very few things that have ever made me question the universal validity of freedom of speech.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:56 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Those people are among the very few things that have ever made me question the universal validity of freedom of speech.
I'm proud to say that I have crossed several of his "picket lines" - which usually constituted only a few people outside a restaurant and a performing arts center. They had lined up outside the funeral of a service member related to a co-worker of my niece. A branch of the Patriot Guard Riders also showed up to force them further from the cemetary/funeral home.

I'm not sure how people can have such hate in their hearts.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:59 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
...in Jesus' name. It makes my stomach turn.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 3rd, 2009, 12:03 am

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
...in Jesus' name. It makes my stomach turn.
Exactly - somehow, I don't think they are following WWJD.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 3rd, 2009, 7:51 am

DukieInKansas wrote:I would argue that the following law in my city is not a dumb law: One may not picket a funeral. Given the close proximity to the stupid group in Topeka, this is a good law. Actually, this group is the reason the law exists - passed in 1993.
Sorry, I'm totally lost. What group are we talking about? I tried googling "stupid group Topeka" and got nothin'. ;) Or were you referring to Westboro baptist church? That seems to be the top thing on google for "Topeka picket funeral".

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 3rd, 2009, 8:22 am

bjornolf wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I would argue that the following law in my city is not a dumb law: One may not picket a funeral. Given the close proximity to the stupid group in Topeka, this is a good law. Actually, this group is the reason the law exists - passed in 1993.
Sorry, I'm totally lost. What group are we talking about? I tried googling "stupid group Topeka" and got nothin'. ;) Or were you referring to Westboro baptist church? That seems to be the top thing on google for "Topeka picket funeral".

%%-
Bingo!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith