Spring Game (March 1) Attendance?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Spring Game (March 1) Attendance?

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 28th, 2014, 10:24 pm

CathyCA wrote:Here are two more people who are coming to the Spring Football game: Brandon Connette's parents!!!

Brandon's sister wrote a note on Nancy's Caring Bridge site this afternoon that her parents are currently "thousands of feet in the air" flying to Durham for Brandon's spring game. She wrote, "To all of our Duke family, I am so glad you will get the chance to love on her! Please do not hesitate to say hello and give her a hug. She very well may remember you by name! However she has been unable to form any new memories since her surgery, so she may forget she ever saw you 30 seconds later. Also (fair warning), her brain is constantly telling her that she is hungry. I promise she is getting square meals and plenty of snacks, so do not be alarmed and try to gently distract her. I am comforted knowing that she will be well loved by you all!"

Yay, Nancy! Yay, Brandon! Yay, Connette family! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:9f:

Thanks for the post. We will look for them. :9f:
Cheermom
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Cheermom » February 28th, 2014, 10:57 pm

CathyCA wrote:Here are two more people who are coming to the Spring Football game: Brandon Connette's parents!!!

Brandon's sister wrote a note on Nancy's Caring Bridge site this afternoon that her parents are currently "thousands of feet in the air" flying to Durham for Brandon's spring game. She wrote, "To all of our Duke family, I am so glad you will get the chance to love on her! Please do not hesitate to say hello and give her a hug. She very well may remember you by name! However she has been unable to form any new memories since her surgery, so she may forget she ever saw you 30 seconds later. Also (fair warning), her brain is constantly telling her that she is hungry. I promise she is getting square meals and plenty of snacks, so do not be alarmed and try to gently distract her. I am comforted knowing that she will be well loved by you all!"

Yay, Nancy! Yay, Brandon! Yay, Connette family! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:9f:
What wonderful news that she is able to travel!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 28th, 2014, 11:14 pm

We'll be there about 1145, mostly to greet the few stalwarts and then hustle into WW, set up our stadium chairs and get wrapped up in our new Duke blanket we got for Christmas from our older son-in-law's mother.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 1st, 2014, 9:43 am

Everyone have fun and stay bundled up!

Go Duke!
August West

Post by August West » March 1st, 2014, 11:23 am

Hope everyone has a good time and enjoys the game. Wish I could be there but this bum ankle and the boot they have me wearing will keep me in the lazyboy today. AW. :D
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 1st, 2014, 1:10 pm

Sorry to hear you're back in the boot, AW! The OP's aching back will keep us home. It IS a beautiful football day for the rest of you, though. I sure hope we win!! Go Duke!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » March 1st, 2014, 4:00 pm

Son of Bostondevil is one of the students who was in the inaugural Cutsboro tent.

He was also at the game today.

http://cutsboro.com/
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 1st, 2014, 5:06 pm

First and foremost, many thanks to Cowboy Ronnie for bringing his grill and supplying hot dogs and all the fixin's for today's tailgate. He and VDB were the first to arrive in Blue Devil Alley and were there in time for the Devil Walk! Cut was very appreciative!

The sun came out and the weather improved as the game went on - it was a beautiful afternoon to watch some football! The teams, Blue (first teams) vs. White (second teams) was great, with the Blue winning 24-14, as one would hope! One first team OL limped off after an apparent ankle injury; don't know how he is. Everyone else appeared healthy!

2014 is going to be a great season! Let's Go DUKE! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 1st, 2014, 5:36 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Son of Bostondevil is one of the students who was in the inaugural Cutsboro tent.

He was also at the game today.

http://cutsboro.com/
That makes me happy! :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 1st, 2014, 5:40 pm

We had fun! Cowboy Devil and I got there in time for the team. Several of them thanked us for coming. Our mini tailgate was good. Company was better. Oh, by the way, Duke won!

:happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 1st, 2014, 9:16 pm

I'm jealous! Couldn't go! How big was the crowd compared to last year's Spring Game? Did anybody get to hug Brandon's mom and tell her how much we appreciate him?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 1st, 2014, 9:57 pm

I didn't see Brandon's mom. I did look for them. I didn't go to last years game. It was a good size crowd. :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 2nd, 2014, 11:42 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I'm jealous! Couldn't go! How big was the crowd compared to last year's Spring Game? Did anybody get to hug Brandon's mom and tell her how much we appreciate him?
Love, Ima
I think it was bigger than last year's crowd. They had us sit in sections 6-9, and it certainly wasn't crowded, but there were a fair number of fans there. Maybe 1500? :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 3rd, 2014, 11:50 am

Glad you guys had a good time.

I watched on ESPN3