Life is good.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Life is good.

Post by wilson » July 27th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Well, if the negative Nancies are going to start their own thread, then by golly, I'm resurrecting this one, so as to bring balance to the Force, er, board.
Life is good, dammit! X(
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 6:37 pm

wilson wrote:Well, if the negative Nancies are going to start their own thread, then by golly, I'm resurrecting this one, so as to bring balance to the Force, er, board.
Life is good, dammit! X(
Proof?

Or, as many folks say on the DBRRRRRRRRRRRR, link, please. :)) :)) =)) =)) :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 27th, 2009, 6:41 pm

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I love the life is good post that ends in "Dammit! X( "

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 6:49 pm

bjornolf wrote:=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I love the life is good post that ends in "Dammit! X( "

%%-
Wait until you see how (I'd bet) some of the Life Is Not Good posts end... :roll: :oops:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 27th, 2009, 8:15 pm

I'll be back on later to hit the "shit" thread. Before I do, I want to preface those remarks with these, which I believe in quite firmly.

The people I have been fortunate enough to associate with here, and a few over yonder, are the kindest-hearted and most accepting people I could ever hope to meet in cyber, or any other space, of existence. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so well learned and peaceful and happy that it would make all others appear very, very pale in comparison. I am one of the luckiest folks in the world to count myself amongst you.

Thank you for being what you are and please, don't ever change.
@};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- :-*
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » July 27th, 2009, 8:30 pm

captmojo wrote:I'll be back on later to hit the "shit" thread. Before I do, I want to preface those remarks with these, which I believe in quite firmly.

The people I have been fortunate enough to associate with here, and a few over yonder, are the kindest-hearted and most accepting people I could ever hope to meet in cyber, or any other space, of existence. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so well learned and peaceful and happy that it would make all others appear very, very pale in comparison. I am one of the luckiest folks in the world to count myself amongst you.

For as much as my life is crap at the moment, I do have to agree whole-heartedly with Captmojo. Y'all are awesome. Seriously. Some of my non-imaginary friends haven't checked up on me as much as you guys have.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 27th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Sue71 wrote:
For as much as my life is crap at the moment, I do have to agree whole-heartedly with Captmojo. Y'all are awesome. Seriously. Some of my non-imaginary friends haven't checked up on me as much as you guys have.
I've been thinking about the same a good bit lately. I truly believe that if all ~50 of us could ever actually get together, it would be as much a gathering of dear friends as any party among "real-life" friends. After taking a while to come to terms with the fact that I have internet friends :-B , I have wholeheartedly given thanks for this bunch a lot in recent months.
Ben63
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Ben63 » July 27th, 2009, 10:09 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Thanks for sharing.

I agree that LIFE IS GOOD. I just spent a week with some of the youth from our church. We traveled to Minneapolis for a mission trip. We joined youth groups from various states to work with a variety of organizations to serve the community. My crew of 5 teens spent Mon - Thurs at a soup kitchen. We would help prepare the meals and then serve around 200 people each day. It was a joy to watch the kids interact with the staff of the facility and the public that came through the food line. So often we only hear bad news about teens. I just want to report that 90+ teens and adults spent their vacation as week 5 in a 7 week Camp Workgroup project. There are great kids out there and that news needs to be shared.

Thanks for letting me brag about the kids.
This sounds like CHWC. Am I correct?
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 27th, 2009, 10:28 pm

wilson wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
I've been thinking about the same a good bit lately. I truly believe that if all ~50 of us could ever actually get together, it would be as much a gathering of dear friends as any party among "real-life" friends. After taking a while to come to terms with the fact that I have internet friends :-B , I have wholeheartedly given thanks for this bunch a lot in recent months.
I have no doubt that such a gathering would be fantastic. I am so grateful for my CT and DBR friends. I have long felt that the modern world is losing the very important village/neighborhood/community bonds, but have been so pleasantly surprised to find you guys. I thought for sure when I graduated from PA school that I would go back to having only a small handful of friends. Life is indeed very, very good. Thanks, buddies ^:)^ :-bd \:D/
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 27th, 2009, 11:05 pm

captmojo wrote:I'll be back on later to hit the "shit" thread. Before I do, I want to preface those remarks with these, which I believe in quite firmly.

:(( :ymhug:

Almost makes me NOT want to post anything more on the Life is not Good thread....

I said, "almost." :roll: :oops:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 27th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Ben63 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Thanks for sharing.

I agree that LIFE IS GOOD. I just spent a week with some of the youth from our church. We traveled to Minneapolis for a mission trip. We joined youth groups from various states to work with a variety of organizations to serve the community. My crew of 5 teens spent Mon - Thurs at a soup kitchen. We would help prepare the meals and then serve around 200 people each day. It was a joy to watch the kids interact with the staff of the facility and the public that came through the food line. So often we only hear bad news about teens. I just want to report that 90+ teens and adults spent their vacation as week 5 in a 7 week Camp Workgroup project. There are great kids out there and that news needs to be shared.

Thanks for letting me brag about the kids.
This sounds like CHWC. Am I correct?
CHWC? Not sure what that stands for but I was at a Group Workcamps Week of Hope.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 27th, 2009, 11:55 pm

wilson wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
I agree that it would be a great party - I got to find this out in a small way this past weekend when I got to meet a just a few of the people from the board. I had a great time!
Life is good!
Miles

Post by Miles » July 28th, 2009, 12:33 am

devildeac wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, if the negative Nancies are going to start their own thread, then by golly, I'm resurrecting this one, so as to bring balance to the Force, er, board.
Life is good, dammit! X(
Proof?
You're asking this question. The world is a better place with devildeac around.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 28th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Life is good, dammit! X(
Proof?
Wow!

Really?

A sincere thank you. :ymblushing:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Life would be better if Wilson had returned the Beach Babes' calls.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 28th, 2009, 6:10 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Life would be better if Wilson had returned the Beach Babes' calls.
How long before I live that one down? I told y'all, I was on the beach myself. Didn't hear the phone, buried in the beach bag, over the pounding surf. I'm sorry. :-?? :(
I'm still waiting to hear how exactly y'all got my mother's telephone number.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 28th, 2009, 7:07 pm

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Life would be better if Wilson had returned the Beach Babes' calls.
How long before I live that one down? I told y'all, I was on the beach myself. Didn't hear the phone, buried in the beach bag, over the pounding surf. I'm sorry. :-?? :(

Darlin' the key word above is returned. ;) ;)

As for getting your mother's number, we're women, therefore we are resourceful. Even when we're drunk.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 28th, 2009, 11:37 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:

Darlin' the key word above is returned. ;) ;)

As for getting your mother's number, we're women, therefore we are resourceful. Even when we're drunk.
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: The Devil made us do it!!
Miles

Post by Miles » July 29th, 2009, 12:10 am

devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote: Proof?
Wow!

Really?

A sincere thank you. :ymblushing:
I think the world is a better place with all of my CTN and DBR chums around. Though I've been absent in recent weeks, I do think of y'all often and it's mostly good thoughts too. :-D Thanks for everyone being around and sticking through the though times.

I try to keep things in perspective. Let's say the average life expectancy is about 75 years. Not accounting for leap year, we're dealing with about 27,375 days in our life. A bad day only accounts for about 0.000036% of your life.

I think it was DA that mentioned in another 3/5/10 years this won't really matter and she's right. Remember a bad day is only 0.000036%. Hang in there friends.
sMiles
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 29th, 2009, 12:19 am

Miles wrote: I think the world is a better place with all of my CTN and DBR chums around. Though I've been absent in recent weeks, I do think of y'all often and it's mostly good thoughts too. :-D Thanks for everyone being around and sticking through the though times.
Yeah I see how you are... out of sight, out of mind. :p :-* ;;)

:D
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.