Vibes Request!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: Vibes Request!

Post by TillyGalore » December 16th, 2012, 1:58 pm

I'm REALLY late to the vibefest, though it might be a good thing. Math was not one of my better subjects. Still, I hope you did well and passed with flying colors.*

*What does flying colors mean? Time for a google search.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 16th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Cheermom wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Vibes, but why in the hell are you taking differential equations? You're not an engineer (or math major), are you? I was an engineer and I never took it. It would have been my 5th required math course, but having a Management Science second major, Statistics for that major counted as my 5th math course! Would I have benefited from taking differential equations? Perhaps, but since I graduated without it and don't do "real" engineering work, I don't think so!
Anyway, here's your vibes!
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Good thing you are not an engineering student now. They have to take 6 math courses including differential equations and calc-based statistics.
You can say that again! :)) But my SIL is, or will be next year at State (Computer/electrical engineering). He's taking the prerequisite courses this year at the local Community College (calculus, chemistry, physics, etc. - the courses he didn't need to take as a music major the first time through college). He has eaten this stuff up! If he could find an internship in the Raleigh/RTP area for next summer, he'd be interested in that. (hint, hint!)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 16th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I sure do appreciate all the vibes for our boy. I haven't talked to him since that last final.....giving him time to decompress. I hope no news is good news.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » December 16th, 2012, 10:44 pm

They paid off! Ended up with a B in DiffEQ - I'm fine with that seeing as this is one of the hardest math courses at Duke.

Also got this email from my Computer Architecture professor...
Michael,
I wanted to let you know that with a grade of 90.5, the TAs made the case that the A vs A- line should move down to 90.5 to include you in the A range, and I agreed with them. They told me that you have clearly been putting in significant effort, and are on top of things with your homework. I know you are always present in lecture, and can see that you have been on an upward trend in your test scores. I just wanted to let you know that your hard work was recognized and paid off with a tangible benefit: you earned an A rather than an A- in the course.

Have a great break,
Drew
Not a bad first semester! Thanks again y'all.

The score now stands:
CTN Vibes 155,488
Tough Times 0
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 16th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Congrats Native! May you always redefine the curve! B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 17th, 2012, 6:56 am

Native wrote:They paid off! Ended up with a B in DiffEQ - I'm fine with that seeing as this is one of the hardest math courses at Duke.

Michael,
I wanted to let you know that with a grade of 90.5, the TAs made the case that the A vs A- line should move down to 90.5 to include you in the A range, and I agreed with them. They told me that you have clearly been putting in significant effort, and are on top of things with your homework. I know you are always present in lecture, and can see that you have been on an upward trend in your test scores. I just wanted to let you know that your hard work was recognized and paid off with a tangible benefit: you earned an A rather than an A- in the course.

Have a great break,
Drew

The score now stands:
CTN Vibes 155,488
Tough Times 0
Excellent! Good job, Native.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 17th, 2012, 8:31 am

Native wrote:They paid off! Ended up with a B in DiffEQ - I'm fine with that seeing as this is one of the hardest math courses at Duke.

Michael,

Have a great break,
Drew

The score now stands:
CTN Vibes 155,488
Tough Times 0
Native, you rock! Congratulations!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » December 17th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Cheermom wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Good thing you are not an engineering student now. They have to take 6 math courses including differential equations and calc-based statistics.
You can say that again! :)) But my SIL is, or will be next year at State (Computer/electrical engineering). He's taking the prerequisite courses this year at the local Community College (calculus, chemistry, physics, etc. - the courses he didn't need to take as a music major the first time through college). He has eaten this stuff up! If he could find an internship in the Raleigh/RTP area for next summer, he'd be interested in that. (hint, hint!)
[/quote]
Let's talk. Cheerson, who was a computer engineering/computer science double major and did an internship in RTP, may have some ideas, although the companies might require some engineering coursework first.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 17th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Good job, Native! :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :clap: :dance: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 17th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Great job! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug: :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: