Belk Bowl, 12/27 6:30 kick - social discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Cheermom
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Belk Bowl, 12/27 6:30 kick - social discussion

Post by Cheermom » December 20th, 2012, 9:09 pm

We and the two devildeac representatives are in section 310, row 15, seats 9-14.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 22nd, 2012, 8:44 am

The parking lot appears to be on the south side of fourth street. Is that correct?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 22nd, 2012, 10:26 am

dpslaw wrote:The parking lot appears to be on the south side of fourth street. Is that correct?
Looking at the map on the reservation site, it's between 4th and Trade Street, on the north side of 4th. Unless the map is upside down... ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
allen

Post by allen » December 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Allen and Sam will be in section 315, Row 10
allen

Parking Idiocy - Belk Bowl, 12/27 6:30 kick - social discuss

Post by allen » December 23rd, 2012, 9:36 am

My parking pass is for Lot 1 (Mint Street parking lot with an entrance off of Second Street). It came free with my tickets (in retrospect I am glad I didn't pay for it). It says clearly on the ticket that parking in that lot is not available until 3:30 p.m.

This is a bowl game! There are activities (planned by the bowl organizers) all freakin' day long. There is a concert at 4:00. But I can't enter the parking lot until 3:30. What group of inept idiots organized the logistics for this?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Parking Idiocy - Belk Bowl, 12/27 6:30 kick - social dis

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 23rd, 2012, 9:54 am

allen wrote:My parking pass is for Lot 1 (Mint Street parking lot with an entrance off of Second Street). It came free with my tickets (in retrospect I am glad I didn't pay for it). It says clearly on the ticket that parking in that lot is not available until 3:30 p.m.

This is a bowl game! There are activities (planned by the bowl organizers) all freakin' day long. There is a concert at 4:00. But I can't enter the parking lot until 3:30. What group of inept idiots organized the logistics for this?
Allen, see my post about parking in a separate thread. Your lot may also be open all day, ie, ungated. But please walk to the 705 lot and join us! B-)

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 23rd, 2012, 12:27 pm

allen wrote:My parking pass is for Lot 1 (Mint Street parking lot with an entrance off of Second Street). It came free with my tickets (in retrospect I am glad I didn't pay for it). It says clearly on the ticket that parking in that lot is not available until 3:30 p.m.

unc grads?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 23rd, 2012, 2:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Looking at the map on the reservation site, it's between 4th and Trade Street, on the north side of 4th. Unless the map is upside down... ;)
Well, I think the map is wrong. The reservation site says the lot is between the the railroad tracks and the Johnson & Wales campus, which is on the south side of the street. Furthermore, odd-numbered addresses are on the south side of the street. The comments on the website indicate that the lot abuts the Panthers practice field, which is south of 4th.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 23rd, 2012, 4:22 pm

I just used Google Maps' street view feature, and I'm almost sure the lot is on the south side of 4th street. Street view shows a fenced, unpaved lot on the south side of the street with a Panthers Season Parking sign on it. Across the street, there is an unfenced lot without a Panthers parking sign.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm

dpslaw wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Looking at the map on the reservation site, it's between 4th and Trade Street, on the north side of 4th. Unless the map is upside down... ;)
Well, I think the map is wrong. The reservation site says the lot is between the the railroad tracks and the Johnson & Wales campus, which is on the south side of the street. Furthermore, odd-numbered addresses are on the south side of the street. The comments on the website indicate that the lot abuts the Panthers practice field, which is south of 4th.
We'll park wherever it is when we get there! :D :9f:

allen

Post by allen » December 23rd, 2012, 5:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Allen, see my post about parking in a separate thread. Your lot may also be open all day, ie, ungated. But please walk to the 705 lot and join us! B-)

Oh we are definitely joining you. I'm just a little ticked that I will probably have to pay for parking since I plan to arrive long before 3:30. My parking pass isn't a BofA standard pass, it is a pass issued by the Belk Bowl . It isn't pre-printed to say 3:30 - there is a sticker on the pass that says, "lot does not open until 3:30". So bascially for someone who wants to join in any of the planned activities (planned by the same people who issued the pass) that begin at 1:00 the pass is worthless.

On the other hand, I didn't pay for it - it came with the tickets I ordered from StubHub, so my complaining is more about the ineptitude than about the $$.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 24th, 2012, 12:34 pm

I have 16 pounds of pork on the grill right now. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 24th, 2012, 1:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I have 16 pounds of pork on the grill right now. :D
Where is the remainder of the :animals-pig: ?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2012, 1:39 am

IT'S FUCKING GAME DAY!!!! A "DUKE BLUE DEVILS PLAYING IN THE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME" GAME DAY!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 27th, 2012, 8:01 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:IT'S FUCKING GAME DAY!!!! A "DUKE BLUE DEVILS PLAYING IN THE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME" GAME DAY!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2012, 8:18 am

Bob Green wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:IT'S FUCKING GAME DAY!!!! A "DUKE BLUE DEVILS PLAYING IN THE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME" GAME DAY!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:
QFE!

LET'S GO DUKE! BEAT CINCY! :9f:

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 27th, 2012, 8:35 am

YIppee!!!!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » December 27th, 2012, 1:57 pm

LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 27th, 2012, 1:58 pm

LGD! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 27th, 2012, 2:12 pm

For those not heading to Charlotte for the game, please be active in Section 21. I'll be chatting and cheering and drinking and eating all at the same time. Hopefully, my cussing will be kept to a minimum and the grandson and I don't end the night crying ourselves to sleep.

Go Duke!